Has the new single rejuvenated your love for U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
I have to admit after waiting for so long with no new material my love for U2 was starting to slip. I didn't listen to them much and when I did I just couldnt get into it like before.

But now for some reaosn with all of this new stuff happening, my U2 batteris have been recharged and now I'm going back and listening to old stuff and getting all excited again.

Is this happening to anyone else or am I a freak?

or both?

Last edited:
kind of like how each new post of mine makes all of my others that much better

You're a freak, but I feel similar so I guess I'm a freak too :|

It's not that I wasnt 'into' them anymore though, just I havent listened to them as much lately. But yeah now I'm very excited :wink:

yeah, it did. i can't remember anymore where or even if i posted this yet, but i hadn't listened to pretty much any u2 for a good year and a half, and it's starting to sound pretty damn good right about now.

More than anything, Vertigo has made me really excited about the possibilities of HTDAAB.

I don't ever need recharging of the U2 batteries. What does happen though, is that I"ll be listening to them and it'll just hit me: this kind of greatness almost never happens. And certainly not this consistently.

Chizip said:
I have to admit after waiting for so long with no new material my love for U2 was starting to slip. I didn't listen to them much and when I did I just couldnt get into it like before.

But now for some reaosn with all of this new stuff happening, my U2 batteris have been recharged and now I'm going back and listening to old stuff and getting all excited again.

or both?

That happens to me every time U2 releases a new album! You're definitely not alone. (My love as such doesn't slip but I'm not AS into them as usual in between albums and tours)

Last edited:
When I was 16, a classmate of mine noticed I played U2 all the time in the dorm, on my walkman, everywhere. He said, "You're just in a phase man. You'll stop being into U2."

That was 1987. :yes:

Now I'm on blue crack and U2. I am waiting for the intervention to happen shortly. :wink:

Chizip said:

or both?

Dude, there is no doubt you're definitely a freak!!

But you know you make this forum interesting so we can all tolerate it.

And yes the fire has been rekindled, I just burned a cool and yet odd compilation of U2 songs...Another Day, Deep In The Heart, along with Vertigo, Gone, HMTMKMKM. Good stuff!

hmm, not really

I still think it will be different when the album gets released though

then again, my level of U2 fandom hasn't really changed in the last 10 years or so

Hi there, I don't post very often but I must say that each time U2 release something new it is like the "first time":drool:
ooooh the joy!!!!

I was getting antsy to hear something new. But I never got away from U2...having to hear hubby blast 10093 different remixes of elevation everytime we get in the car lmfao...

Yes Indeed!!!

I have to say that I was starting to put U2 on the back burner as I listened to other bands. Now that the new single is out, and it sounds so great, I am right back to my U2 ways!!!!! Just this morning on my way to work I poped in one of my bootlegs!!! God, they are just the best band in the world!!!!

i dont know whether i think i need rejuvination cause i reckon i could listen to the stuff all day everyday for the rest of my life and still ove it.

i was beginning to crave new music though, and i'm very very happy with what we got

vertigo was sooooo worth the wait

Not really because my Love for U2 and their music never wanes!:wink:

While I listen to several other musicians and love musics from around the world, U2 HAS LANDSCAPED MY LIFE FOR OVER 23 YEARS and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon.

This album will continue to increase my Love and Respect for U2. :hug:

My Love and Respect for U2 doesn't need rejuvenation because it never wandered to begin with.

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY! DON'T LET IT GET AWAY! :larry: :adam: :edge: :bono: :love:

Hopefully this will bring back long gone interferencers from off topic forums or places far away! :yes:

It's weird, I feel like as one of the few constant on topic people here for 3 years solid that I could make it all the way through without losing interest. But strangely enough just last month I went through a few weeks of just not caring anymore. Of course now the excitement has definitely come back. It was just a funk, it's over now!:D

Oh U2Kitten FYM is like a black hole - once you go in you may never come out - wait no - its like a meat grinder, you never know what you'll find - no wait. and yada yada yada.

Back
Top Bottom