Has the new album got you listening to early U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonostwin21

The Fly
Hearing how this album is vintage U2 with screaming guitars and very Pro-Edge, its got me listening to alot of Pre-War concerts. I was wandering if you guys are getting into that as well. Its incredible to hear these guys go through- An Cat Dubh,INto the Heart,The Ocean,Fire,Celebration,Out Of Control,I threw A Brick. Edge goes off on these mad solos forever(in a way only he can) They rocked out!!! And soon they will be at it again.I hope they bring some of these back for the new tour.

I would love to see their scrappyness return - the raw, dive bar-ish sound of earlier albums would be most excellent to see live.

I have been playing the Electric Co. (both live and studio) a lot lately. All the comments on how this new album is going to sound like have pointed me in this direction for a song. I don't know jack, but I have this vibe that this is a tune that could fit well for bonding with the new album on the tour (making the setlists).

Bullet the Blue Sky came to me when the album title was announced. I haven't been playing this one much lately, but that Edge solo is going on and on in my mind.

I agree with Roland. I've been listening to 11 Oclock Tick Tock from the New York club concert. I've also listened their cover of the Who in that concert and I'm really pumped for the single to come up.

i've been listening to their BBC show in 1978. as unlistenable as it's always been to me, i'm kind of digging it now.

Actually, there's always one or two U2 CD's in the player, but I've been re-discovering POP. It really is a phenomenal album regardless of what people say.

my u2 playlist has over 400 songs in it and is getting some heavy playtime lately - I just shuffle the mix to get all era's smashing nicely into one another- like zooorapa followed by stories for boys

nurse chrissi said:
my u2 playlist has over 400 songs in it and is getting some heavy playtime lately - I just shuffle the mix to get all era's smashing nicely into one another- like zooorapa followed by stories for boys

My biggest U2 playlist had over 4000 songs on it ... it got too much to deal with so now I have multiple playlists I alternate between. The new album hasn't influenced my listening patterns that greatly, though some days I go to my playlist of leaked clips and let it loop through.

At the moment, I'm watching a ZooTV DVD, which is quite shocking considering that I've mainly been listening to Lovetown concerts lately and I consider ZooTV to be the death of U2's setlists. Oh well, the setlist variety sucked but the music was great!

turbodog said:
Was not aware ZooTV was available on DVD. Any info anyone?

If you mean ZooTV Sydney, no, it's not officially available on DVD. But a bootleg DVD exists, and there are DVD bootlegs of other ZooTV concerts too. The one I referred to in my post was the incomplete audience-filmed DVD of 28 August 1993, Dublin.

I recently listened everything they ever recorded in order from beginning to neon lights, took about 2 weeks, a few hours every day all day on weekends (albums, b sides, solo stuff , remixes). My wife hated it! But it was fun!

Very good for uni studies..

Back
Top Bottom