Has anyone here seen Travis live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Henne

The Fly
I saw them this year in Hamburg and I'm going to see them in Bremen next month. Great live band! They're really having fun on stage and Fran's stories are quite funny.

Travis is awesome! They are sooooo good..............

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

Thanks everyone, I'm getting more pumped for the show. I'm driving from San Antonio Edgevox. I'll be wearing a brown jacket with a bright orange long-sleaved shirt, maybe we can have a beer and talk some U2. Later.

yaaaaaaaay! I'm gonna see them Saturday in Phoenix. Travis and Remy Zero are 2 of my favorite bands, so it should be great! I'm really excited!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by baker6621:
Where is their tour schedule?

travisonline.com

-ME

------------------
I didn't take no shortcuts
I spent the money that I saved up
Oh, Momma running out of luck
Like my sister, don't give a fuck

I saw them on the The Man WHo tour and they were incredible!
Watch out for the guitarist and his little moves, too funny

Fran is a great entertainer, you'll have a ball!

I'm going to Austin tonight to see them. I've enjoyed their albums very much and I'm looking foward to seeing them, but I was wondering what people think of them live. Thanks.

I saw them open for Oasis. They put on a great show. Very entertaining. They sound good live. I would definetly like to see them again. Enjoy the show!

-ME

------------------
I didn't take no shortcuts
I spent the money that I saved up
Oh, Momma running out of luck
Like my sister, don't give a fuck

I saw Travis last year. I also have tickets to see them this month in LA. I love them.
I think they are great live.

Have a good time!

oktobergirl

Hey Zoopop!!
I'll see you there, General Admission at Stubbs then next Tuesday I'm going to see the Strokes at the same place......see you there....btw it's going to get cold so..come prepared

Originally posted by salome269:
Travis and Remy Zero are 2 of my favorite bands, so it should be great!

The only song I have heard from Remy Zero is that Save me song. I really like it. The singer sounds a ton like Bono. How long have they been around. Are their albums any good?

Originally posted by Sperber:
I?ll see them on November the 15th! I?m sure they?ll put on a good show...

BREMEN!!!! I'll be there as well! It's going to be a great week - DMB on the 13th and Travis two days later!

Ahhhh, nice to hear I?m not the only Interferer there! But ... DMB ... I?m afarid I hace prejudices against them, I can?t figure them out
frown.gif

------------------
beLIEve

You should check them out. It's going to be a great opening night of the Rolling Stone Roadshow in Hamburg: 35 DM, three bands (DMB, Smash Mouth and Embrace).

I?ll see them on November the 15th! I?m sure they?ll put on a good show...

------------------
beLIEve

Hey, Henne, sad news from Rolling-stone.de:
It said that Smash Mouth cancelled the Road show! As it was reported they now search vor a substitute
frown.gif

------------------
beLIEve

Thanks for the info!
I can live with that. I like DMB and Embrace but i'm not too interested in Smash Mouth.

AWwwwwwwwwww I should have gotten tickets to see them in Austin too...grr..but i'm saving up for the U2 concert so it's a sacrifice i'm willing to make...although i"ve heard they're a great band live..

I'm from San Antonio too
smile.gif

When was the concert anyway?

I saw them twice. Once opening for Oasis in Indianapolis and the other in a Q101 rock festival in Chicago. Indianaplolis was great and they were great. One of the better live performances I've heard/ seen and might have even exceeded Oasis. However, the Chciago show was awful. There sound was awful and off on the first part of the set. People started throwing a couple of things at the guitarist (water bottle, etc., good thing they were a little far out), though he seemed too occupied in his movements to notice. I felt bad. They redeemed themselves and started sounding and playing better in the second half of the set. That performance showed me how bad it can be if you're touring as a somewhat unknown band trying to build a fanbase. Also some people can be "pricks" and it necessarily isn't the band being the pricks.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Back
Top Bottom