Has anyone here read A Grand Madness?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~LadyLemon~

I Serve Larry's Stick
It's called A Grand Madness: 10 Years on the Road with U2. It's about a woman telling about her experiences following the band. I'm looking for some light reading and was curious to see it it's worth it or not...

------------------
Show a little faith
There's magic in the night

My $.02.......
I've borrowed this book twice now from the library. I haven't finished a chapter, let alone the book. It(to me), seems like this lady was very lucky to get her journal published and have it called a "book about U2". The writing is random, very much like reading a private journal.
I'd be interested to see what other people think of it.
I guess there's some good information in it, but I haven't found it yet.

Definately borrow it before buying though.

Mrs.Clayton

[This message has been edited by Mrs.Clayton (edited 02-28-2002).]

It was a tough read and not because it made you think. It just wasn't very interesting. I would recommend Walk On: The Spiritual Journey of U2 if you want a recent U2 publication to read.

I read it a couple of years ago. It was okay. Not violently interesting, but the cool thing for me was, it brought back lots of concert memories.

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

My opinion of it is exactly what Mirrorball
Girl said. It brought back some memories but that was about it.

ugh sorry lady who wrote it but it was amateurish and boring as hell.
i felt like i was readng a teeangers diary they keep locked with a key.
Don't bother, there are great U2 books out there. I gave up when she started telling the readers about things in her daily, yes I said daily, life that had nothing to do with U2, and had no relevance to this book. Bad, bad writing.

Mrs Clayton said.."seems like this lady was very lucky to get her journal published and have it called a "book about U2"."

Have u checked the spine?
Hawkmoon Publications
Methinks this was a home job.

Well....I posted on the "All I want is U2" section offering the book, (maybe for a trade or something). http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum2/HTML/000086.html

It's so-so. The book is more about her than U2. I really didn't like it that much. It's like her diary.

I think what turned me off about it is that she's like a 40 something year old woman who is obsessed, I mean OBSESSED with them so much that she writes about them in her diary. I don't even have a diary anymore!!!

I guess I'm no better, (I'm 26 and I'm psychotically obsessed with PLEBA).

Please email me, I'm looking to get rid of the book. My email is u2loopy@excite.com.

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

[This message has been edited by u2loopy (edited 03-01-2002).]

Originally posted by barlowdog:
It was a tough read and not because it made you think. It just wasn't very interesting. I would recommend Walk On: The Spiritual Journey of U2 if you want a recent U2 publication to read.

I totally agree with you barlowdog. It got very boring the more I got into it.

*bumping*

So, Lady Lemon, do you want the book????

------------------

The cool thing is meeting one of the ladies mentioned in the book in Las Vegas. However, I never did actually finish the book, but like others mentioned, it did bring back wonderful memories, and I as well, would also recommment 'Walk On, the Spiritual Journey of U2', before recommending this book.

Chris

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
u2loopy--why don't you burn it?? Release some aggressions, lol.

wink.gif

I actually feel like sending it back to the author to tell her how much I hate it!! It's ridiculous the way she goes on and on about the weather the day of the concert and what she ate, and how many times her and her friends used the loo, and etc etc. BOOOOOO, HISSSS.

------------------

Originally posted by u2loopy:

I actually feel like sending it back to the author to tell her how much I hate it!! It's ridiculous the way she goes on and on about the weather the day of the concert and what she ate, and how many times her and her friends used the loo, and etc etc. BOOOOOO, HISSSS.

Ya know...that's a good idea. Everyone here who has read that book should write a letter to the author, and mail all of them to her with the book.

Originally posted by u2loopy:
*bumping*

So, Lady Lemon, do you want the book????

I really appreciate the offer, but from what I've heard, I guess it's best not to read it!
But thank you very much anyway!!!

------------------
Show a little faith

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
I really appreciate the offer, but from what I've heard, I guess it's best not to read it!
But thank you very much anyway!!!

Allrighty! Just lookin out for ya!

*you've made a wise decision.* Do you see how desperately I'm trying to get rid of that piece of %9&@#%^&.

------------------

u2loopy--why don't you burn it?? Release some aggressions, lol.

wink.gif

------------------
Show a little faith

Back
Top Bottom