Has Anyone Heard The Joshua Tree Outtake, 'My Time Hasn't Come'??? Amazing Song...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just head it recently, for the first time. I LOVE the chorus, and even though it is very unpolished (to say the least), it is so raw and beautiful. Very Joshua Tree, and very organic. I love the delay Edge uses -- it kind of illuminates the emotive atmosphere of the vocal delivery, if that makes any sense. Has anyone heard it? I really hope we one day get to hear this on a box set or something.

I found it on WinMX and got all but 400 KB of it before my crappy ISP decided to disconnect me. Haven't listened to it yet.

It is actually taken from the soundcheck at the 4-25-87 San Francisco Cow Palace show. It was done by a taper who had access inside the building during soundcheck. They also played a song called "Moving Out" during that soundcheck. The whole thing is readily available on serveral bootlegs.

I highly doubdt you will ever see it on any box set or any other release from U2. It was more of an improvisation done during soundcheck.

Last edited:
This slav gives it a 2 thumbs up, keep up the good work Mick :)

times like these i like the net & motion picture group layer three's

bye

Well my dear friends,

I got it off Audiogalaxy (even though it has been a pain for the past few weeks) a while ago and it is quite pleasing to the ear. A song that I wish they would've recorded officially and released it. It could've made a great b-side or even a great tune for Rattle and Hum and perhaps (if reinvented enough) could make it well on to Achtung Baby. You can really hear the experimental move near the end of the song. I recommend the download to any fan especially the Joshua Tree era fans.

- The Zoocifer -

I remember hearing those songs on the 4-25-87 bootleg. I got really excited when I realized they were playing stuff I hadn't heard before. Anyway, yes, very cool.

i just heard this after zooshadow sent it to me.

Oh my goodness
its just beautiful!
i dont know why it wasnt reworked and recorded!
i guess musically its alot like other JT songs, the opening bars are practically MOTD but the melody and lyrics,
*sigh*
just gorgeous!
those lines "my time hasnt come" over and over sent me into a trance.

thanks Michael and ZooShadow for putting me onto this. ive just listened to it about 10 times in a row. :bono:

I've never heard of it- this sounds great.

Is there anyway someone could put this online? or email it to me? I cannot do kazaa or any of those things anymore since they have given me too many viruses! But if someone could hook me up that would be really terrific.

Thanks!
~Olive

Back
Top Bottom