has anyone actually sniffed a newborn baby's head?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
just curious...
I dunno if I can say this is a terrible lyric without having the experience.

I have. Not before they cleaned him off but definitely while he was still considered a newborn. I still do every time I hold him. :sad:

I still sniff 'em! She's 4 and he's 2. :wink:

He still "has it," but she doesn't. :sad:

Oh well, could always make another one and I know the wife is waiting to for me to say okay.

apparently they smell nice according to my mum and my granny who had 7 babies.

my son is 2 months old. When I kiss his head, I can't help but smell his head. it's a wonderful scent that I'll never forget.

I don't have any babies, but I've sniffed a few of their heads in my day, and it's a lovely scent, unlike anything else. A vividly sensual, evocative image!:heart:

Se7en said:
i think it is an intimate lyric that people who haven't experienced won't really "get."

Exactly. I thought it was a bit of a silly lyric until I read this thread.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
obviously what bono is trying to convey here is that freedom smells like a mixture of poop, milk and cheerios... i'd have to agree.

Some one didn't get enough baths?:wink:

Actually, now that you mention it, you have to watch out sometimes when you smell a baby's head in case you get that pukey-rotten milk smell from a wet burp that finds its way in their hair. That still makes me gag.

sq-fat-bastard-goldmember-newl.jpg

OHHHHH this freedom smells like a beh-bey...

Today I tried smelling a newborn baby's head....the mother called the police on me....menatl note: Smell baby's head of someone you KNOW

starsgoblue said:
:tsk:

It's 'ascent'....not 'a scent'....silly people.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but it is the "scent."

Personally, to me it is a great line, as baby heads do smell delicious. The line is also very poignant since smell is the sense that burns into our memories the best. From now on I will think of freedom when I smell baby heads.:|

I thought everybody understood this lyric. I love smelling babies heads (especially my litte nephews), they smell so pure and calming. I don't know how to describe it, but it smells like the opposite of shit :D

starsgoblue said:
:tsk:

It's 'ascent'....not 'a scent'....silly people.

Are people on this forum going deaf? Firstly "you hate all your friends," then Edge doesn't sing in Miracle Drug, and now "freedom has ascent"? That doesn't even make sense. It's "freedom has a scent." Just look at the posting on this thread - it is a wonderful and apt piece of imagery. 'Ascent', however, doesn't work either by the rules of grammar or in reality.

Main reason I don't work in pediatircs (I wounldn't get any work done) - I sometimes volunteer as a baby rocker at the hospital - a newborn's head smells like nothing else in the world (I probably get more out of it than the babies)

AussieU2fanman said:
I thought everybody understood this lyric. I love smelling babies heads (especially my litte nephews), they smell so pure and calming. I don't know how to describe it, but it smells like the opposite of shit :D

YES. This is a great way of describing it.

Attention: If you haven't smelled a baby's head, do so. Life is not complete without sniffing a baby head. If you want to get away from all the poop in life, just smell that little head and everything's gonna be ok.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom