Has a member of the opposite sex pretended to like U2 to get in your pants...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Well?

• Yes... And I loved every second of it.

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Yes... And it annoyed the shit out of me.

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • No... But I'd sure like it if someone tried.

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • No... And I hope no one ever does.

Votes: 22 24.7%

• Total voters
Yes...and it was annoying. Don't try to be someone you aren't to impress me...you'll just end up looking like a fool.

Hey lady :sexywink: I think Adam Clayton´s bassline in Gone is superb :sexywink: U wanna have sex ?

I think this one would do the trick, :wink:

( Or maybe not )

The response I got when I asked him what his favorite U2 song was something like this:

"I like that one really good one they had from that one really popular album."

:rolleyes:

U2democrat said:
no one has ever tried to get in my pants. :|

Aw c'mon now...never? :ohmy: I find that hard to believe! Perhaps the people who fancy you think that you 'go commando' and so give up on the notion of getting into your pants?

ok you found me out

i actually hate u2 but signed up here to get into headaches pants

:drool:

Okay I can't say he "pretended" to like U2, but he was really more into the Cult and the Cure and I can't say he tried to get into my pants 'cos before anything could even get started, I told him I just wanted to be "friends" and he was going to take me to see Rattle & Hum even though he wasn't a big fan but 'cos I liked them, he was willing to please me!! I could kick myself for letting that one go... :banghead:

hahah this is a funny thread....reminds me of many times I ask people about U2 when they say they like them and it turns out they dont have a clue about them they might be able to name one song and thats it....like Santana at the 2000 Grammys "Its a beautiful day"....but no nobody has tried to get in my pants because I like U2 but I think this poll is more pointed towards the girls.

-Hey, i find bono hot, but you're hotter.
-Did you hear a demo, first unreleased version of The Fly?
I loved it.
-Hey, i think that Edge rocks in Mission Impossible. Wanna have sex?
-I love Bono's voice in 4th of july. I wanna have sex.

Pero said:
Dear Penthouse Forum,

You WOULDN'T BELIEVE what just happened to me:

-Hey, i find bono hot, but you're hotter.
-Did you hear a demo, first unreleased version of The Fly?
I loved it.
-Hey, i think that Edge rocks in Mission Impossible. Wanna have sex?
-I love Bono's voice in 4th of july. I wanna have sex.
There, fixed that for you.
U2democrat said:
no one has ever tried to get in my pants. :|
Cute east-coast Democrat? I'd do you.

Last edited:
haha, let me count thy ways...

I was sitting with one guy on his couch and I noticed he had U2`s Greatest Hits (it was new-ish at the time) and I said "Wow, you have this new cd of theirs!" (He knew how much I loved them). He replied "Yes, I bought it the day it came out". Then his brother, whom Steve thought was too engrossed in the telly to hear, says "What the hell are you talking about Steve?That`s MY CD", haha, Steve turned a dark colour of red...

Then another guy I started seeing (and again, it was no secret how much I loved U2) started to tell me how much he loved U2 but when I went to his house I noticed he had loads of cd`s but not one single U2 cd. He tried to explain this away by saying something like "Oh, but I would keep all my U2 cd`s in my car and someone stole them"..Un-huh, they just stole his U2 cd`s and nothing else.

Men are funny! :laugh:

Yes... And I loved every second of it.

One of my first questions:

Me: Are you Irish?
Him: Yes

Me : Do you like U2
Him: Yeah, they're alright?

Me: Do you know U2?
Him : Yeah, I'll take you home and you can meet up with the big man there?

it worked as i ended up marying him nearly 13 years ago.. And now he definately loes U2

No.

But it's not as if I don't have 215 other interests I'd likely mention before U2 in a conversation...

ladywithspinninghead said:
I was sitting with one guy on his couch and I noticed he had U2`s Greatest Hits (it was new-ish at the time) and I said "Wow, you have this new cd of theirs!" (He knew how much I loved them). He replied "Yes, I bought it the day it came out". Then his brother, whom Steve thought was too engrossed in the telly to hear, says "What the hell are you talking about Steve?That`s MY CD", haha, Steve turned a dark colour of red...

:lmao:

The first time I went to my boyfriend's apartment, one of the first things I did was scan his CD rack...no U2! He pleaded a good case though, so I let it slide. :wink:

Funny thread.

It has sort of happened to me. My last serious relationship she told me and acted like she really liked U2. She actually did know some of the songs and she saw them on the Joshua Tree tour. So I thought cool, something in common. Uh, NO! :lol: Come to find out after about 5 months of dating that her friend dragged her to the JT show and she got so drunk she missed most of it and the songs she knew (With Or Without You and Streets) were the only ones she knew. Annoyed the shit out of me, but U2 isnt my only interest and at that point I thought I loved her. Man, was I wrong, I guess that should have been the first sign of things to come!! :lol:

Personally, I would NEVER pretend to like something. U2 is my favorite band. My favorite song by them is that Somebody Cried song, its great!!! ;)

ladywithspinninghead said:
haha, let me count thy ways...

Then another guy I started seeing (and again, it was no secret how much I loved U2) started to tell me how much he loved U2 but when I went to his house I noticed he had loads of cd`s but not one single U2 cd. He tried to explain this away by saying something like "Oh, but I would keep all my U2 cd`s in my car and someone stole them"..Un-huh, they just stole his U2 cd`s and nothing else.

Men are funny! :laugh:

:sad: i told you never to tell anyone of the time we met :sad:

I converted a girl into a U2 fanatic so that we could have a relationship. :wink:

No, that's bollocks. But I did convert my friend into a U2 fan and then she became my girlfriend, so it may appear that way to some!

Back
Top Bottom