HarleyFest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellystefanie

The Fly
There is a rumor here in Milwaukee, Wisconsin---U2 will be the surprise band at the 100th anniversary party scheduled for this Sunday..August 31st......does ANYONE think this is truely possible??

The only reason i'd think they MAY--is because I KNOW bono calls the Milwaukee Harley office direct to order his parts for his bike. The other rumor is that Elton John is the surprise concert--which is also so 'bizarre'...WHAT would he do with a bunch of harley guys and biker babes?? i'm just soo nervous that i'd miss U2--scalpers are getting 150-400 for these harleyfest tickets--it's HUGE

Maybe a possiblity that Larry Mullen Jr will be in the crowd :shifty: , but not possible that the band U2 would be playing.

kellystefanie said:
The only reason i'd think they MAY--is because I KNOW bono calls the Milwaukee Harley office direct to order his parts for his bike. The other rumor is that Elton John is the surprise concert--which is also so 'bizarre'...WHAT would he do with a bunch of harley guys and biker babes?? i'm just soo nervous that i'd miss U2--scalpers are getting 150-400 for these harleyfest tickets--it's HUGE

I really doubt that U2's live return to the States would be HarleyFest. For now, you should chalk it up to zero possiblility. If Bono or U2 didn't join the RollingStones at SARSFest in Toronto, they won't play HarleyFest either.

:tsk: Not gonna happen. U2 is not a band the people at the Harley thing in Milwaukee are going to want to see. It'll be some old 80s metal band, or more likely, some old 70s metal band.

And it sure as shit won't be Elton John.

WOW!

the rumor sure travels fast! i live in GB and have been hearing this rumor for about a month now.

i think the same that it's false, yet i'm kind of suprised how much talk there is about this rumor in Wisconsin.

Yes---i didn't plan on attending the 'bash' thinking that the band would be zz top--but now that it seems to be a band of higher caliber---I'M THERE!!--so--i'll let you all know if bono is on that stage or not

it seems a bit far fetched...but i would hate to NOT be there and hear they WERE!...so yes--i'll be fighting the harley guys for a spot up front as it's general admission---there is a HUGE stage being set up today...radio stations are also assuming U2 or Elton John....don't know 'who' started the rumors..but it's been cut from 4 possiblities to these 2...

I still doubt that U2 or Elton John would ever play to a Harley crowd. U2 would never make their live return to the States at a Harleyfest.. the rumor is extremely far-fetched. Extremely.

Also being that Bono is currently vacationing in France with his family.

And, U2 isn't a band that yer average Harley riders want to hear; even those who are just weekend riders want to appear too tough for U2. As for EJ with a Harley crowd, puh-leeze. It's going to be some lame pop-metal band, or worse, some ultra-lame neo-country crap.

HelloAngel said:
I still doubt that U2 or Elton John would ever play to a Harley crowd. U2 would never make their live return to the States at a Harleyfest.. the rumor is extremely far-fetched. Extremely.
yep, U2 wouldn't make their live return playing a Harley crowd and Elton John wouldn't return alive playing a Harley crowd

I saw on CNN that REO Speedwagon and other "classic rock" acts have been slated to play HarleyFest. So.. hopefully the rather silly rumor about U2 can be put to rest.

REO, Styx and other bands are already slated to play thurs-sat on the summerfest grounds. the gig on sunday is a HUGE mystery band. Harley put out MILLIONS to bring this mystery band over. they are saying that THEY put up the stage/sound system IN ADDITION to paying this 'band' huge bucks. Stones were asked to play--but they are on the european tour and said 'if harley can get the set-up together--we'll consider it'....so they are also rumored to play. Harley is going to great lengths on this anniversary---so i'm certain it is a BIG name--especially since the retro rcok bands are ALREADY slated to perform. i'm sure it's not some rinkydink crap band. you guys just don't know 'who' harley is here in milwaukee. this is a huge deal. ---i'm not sure i believe the U2 appearance--but i'm sure it will be big.

I think quite a few people here get how big Harley is in Milwaukee.. but I think what we are telling you is that there is no way U2 would perform at this gig. Bono is vacationing in France, and the Harley crowd, like Martha said, would not want to see U2.

correct---i was referring the the '38 special' or the 'ratt' comments. as far as harley 'wanting' to see U2---i think they would!...bono HAS been here for one of the harley parties already--not performing..but joining in with the exes in the party. i CERTAINLY don't believe a harley crowd would want to SEE elton!--that one blows me away! but stones, the who, springsteen, zz top, eagles----those would be appreciated. we'll see---as i said--i'll be among the harley guys waiting to see who comes out on that stage....and that stage is big...

kellystefanie said:
...bono HAS been here for one of the harley parties already--not performing..but joining in with the exes in the party.

Was this before or after his vacation in France? :rolleyes:

The CNN website mentions Peter Frampton and REO Speedwagon, among other nostalgia acts, as performing.

....bono was here for the 95th harley reunion..5 years ago..i was just stating that 'he' does have an interest in harley. there is a long list of performers...the summerfest grounds has about 6 main stages in addition to the amphitheater---these will be used for frampton, styx, reo, ted nugent, and others...the entire weekend is really filled with a ton of music. i work 3 blocks from the grounds and the bikes have already roaring by non-stop since 9 am! really fun actually. big bikes with sidecars..holding dogs!! too funny!! mexcan, german, italian, irish flags on backs of bikes---it really is cool. people are getting 2500-5000 dollars for renting out thier homes for the weekend

I don't think anyone is doubting Bono's support of Harley.. although it has always been Larry espousing his love of Harley, and not Bono...

That said.. when you said Bono "had been to Harley parties already," it made it seem like he had been to the 100th anniversary parties this week, and not 5 years ago.

I guess our only point is that U2 is not/was not playing the gig - and that we don't doubt how big this event is.

right.....i guess my mind works faster than my fingers---i should have added '95th reunion' to the party comment.

i also am not 'expecting' U2 to be on that stage....but it will be exciting to see who is! .....i'm doubting elton..there is now a ramp leading up to the stage..so i'm wondering if the 'band' will enter on harleys..

Back
Top Bottom