hard to imagine a potential harrasement suit against bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
what do you think would happen if Bono were ever accused of sexual harrasment at a U2 concert?
I've wondered... watching the Milan dvd, the girl he pulls on-stage during All I Want is You looks pretty uncomfortable at times.
such an audience member might deem his gestures to be innapropriate acts. would he survive the damage of such an accusation? not only U2, but his symbol as a figure of good would suffer.
further to that, might the accusation be justified?

I'm not trying to stir anything up, I'm just curious...

Oh, come on...! Everyone knows its a performance. Not to mention the girls can say no.

*He's* more likely to be harassed...:wink:

I think he's much more likely to be harrassed than the girls that are often clawing their way to get up there. Pretty poor case they'd have, given all the video evidence. I've never seen a girl forced up on stage.

Have you not seen video of him trying to get girls off him, even running away? I think it's obvious he's not out to harrass anyone.

redkat said:
Have you not seen video of him trying to get girls off him, even running away? I think it's obvious he's not out to harrass anyone.

Like that girl during Yahweh in, I think, Vancouver! :lol:

I do agree that the girl on the Milan DVD looked fiarly uncomfortable. Plus, didn't Bono take a good look at her butt during one part of the song. I mean, her undies were riding way up around her hips though. :hmm:

Axver said:

Like that girl during Yahweh in, I think, Vancouver! :lol:

exactly.... and it surprised me how polite Bono still was to the girl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En6NtdzlA5A

I don't think that Bono would ever get a lawsuit against him, I haven't exactly met a woman who goes to U2 shows yet that would NOT want to dance with Bono.... some don't care for much, but still, you wouldn't exactly hate it no? :huh:

kimby said:
Oh, come on...! Everyone knows its a performance. Not to mention the girls can say no.

*He's* more likely to be harassed...:wink:

Exactly. I won't name any names, but I seriously thought that the girl at the concert I saw was going to go down on him. In fact, it seemed as though he tried to prevent this by squatting down for the remainder of the song.

redkat said:
I think he's much more likely to be harrassed than the girls that are often clawing their way to get up there. Pretty poor case they'd have, given all the video evidence. I've never seen a girl forced up on stage.

Totally agree :up:

OK THAT (Yahweh) cracks me up. Poor Bono. He actually misses a line of the song to remove her hands from his body, and then at the end, well, I'll give her this much, she's peristant! I liked how he was kind of polite to her, except for that he ALWAYS asks girls for their names and says "Bye Jane" or whatever, and this one he kind of dismisses with "Bye girl...bye girl with the rose in her hair."

Last edited:
cdisantis83 said:

Exactly. I won't name any names, but I seriously thought that the girl at the concert I saw was going to go down on him. In fact, it seemed as though he tried to prevent this by squatting down for the remainder of the song.

Date? Youtube link?

He is pretty savvy about dealing with all of this and still getting the song out.

See, he should just dance with me, I'll behave!

ahah!!that girl is incredible...
bono had a good behaviour...
but in the past he was very different..
did he have been denounced during the zoo tv?
maybe because he took an underage girl on the backstage and made her drunk...I don't know if it's true...:eyebrow:

babyu2lover said:
did he have been denounced during the zoo tv?
maybe because he took an underage girl on the backstage and made her drunk...I don't know if it's true...:eyebrow:

I don't know about that, but one of the theories as to why "Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World" wasn't included on the Zoo Sydney VHS/DVD is that she was underage and guzzling champagne onstage.

corianderstem said:

I don't know about that, but one of the theories as to why "Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World" wasn't included on the Zoo Sydney VHS/DVD is that she was underage and guzzling champagne onstage.

Does Australia even have a drinking age? I was wonder the impression that they didn't, I have a friend that lives there.

Makes me want to watch it now just to see for myself, if she was a real fan she wouldn't have cared.

...Anyone remember the chicago incident, that girl had guts! and he even look flustered about it more than usual :wink:

Have you not seen video of him trying to get girls off him, even running away? I think it's obvious he's not out to harrass anyone. [/B]
'

true... but I'm not talking so much about these cases as am I about a potential case.. say, of an unfilmed show. where's he's accused of forcing her to dance. maybe someone's out to make a quick dollar off him.

I figure our tabloid-crazy soicety would love to spin something like that around against him.

^ Which Chicago incident?

As to Bono having a harassment suit against him, I don't think that he would ever put himself in such a position like that. I do however think he is a pretty good judge in ages and acts appropriately on them. The girl in the Milan DVD no.1 has boobs flying all over the place, no. 2 you can see her underwear, no. 3 her pants were falling down! no. 4 she dressed that way for a reason. It looks like to me that Bono realized she might not be old enough for the cuddling and decided to swing her around which he does with the younger ladies like in their teens.

U2isthebest said:

Does Australia even have a drinking age? I was wonder the impression that they didn't, I have a friend that lives there.

Er, of course we do. It's 18.

Axver said:

Ahh..I thought my friend told me you didn't. That's mildly exciting; I'd be legal there.:shifty: Of course my friend is 14, so...perhaps that's why she neglected to mention that. LOL. I know most European countries don't have one, so I was assuming that Australia might not either.

Ahem, now my memory needs refreshing;
Only saw it on C4 - think it the vertigo tour In Chicago and they played Mysterious Ways and Bono brought a girl up

...He bit off more than he could chew with that one!! Loved it though :wink:

I don't think there are any truly unfilmed shows. If there isn't a taper there then there are thousands of cameras snapping pics. Plus John is always within arms reach, typically protecting him from girls.

See, this is why he needs to stop pulling up these young girls. He needs to go for the more mature women. We know what to do....:evil:

Axver said:

Christ, Axver, do you know anyone who actually waited till 18??? :huh:

:wink:

corianderstem said:

Hot :combust:

bono gave a bottle of champaign to an underage girl at a chicago concert this tour.

i guess he bolted before the police could get to him :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom