hard to imagine a potential harrasement suit against bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:
bono gave a bottle of champaign to an underage girl at a chicago concert this tour.

i guess he bolted before the police could get to him :tsk:

It's only a matter of time before John Walsh and the long arm of "America's Most Wanted" get their hands on him. :tsk:

Galeongirl said:

exactly.... and it surprised me how polite Bono still was to the girl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En6NtdzlA5A

I don't think that Bono would ever get a lawsuit against him, I haven't exactly met a woman who goes to U2 shows yet that would NOT want to dance with Bono.... some don't care for much, but still, you wouldn't exactly hate it no? :huh:

Yikes!

and still I found her performance less cringe worthy than Bono's adlibbing, 'Take this girl, with a flower in her hair, take this girl and let her dance.' :barf:

One of the funny things about the Yahweh performance is that he goes, "Yahweh, no, no, Yahweh's got a sense of humor." I think referring to the girl he'd gotten himself stuck with!

The girl from Chicago is lovely, and I disagree that her dancing was agressive. I thought she was just perfect, and one of the few if not only performance I don't mind being on a u2 official DVD release.

^ Oh I loved her dancing. By aggressive I didn't mean to be negative - some girls get up there and if Bono isn't directly giving them cues, stand there awkwardly. She siezed the moment, had fun with it, and looks great doing it! It's no wonder she's been up multiple times.

^she was cool wasn't she..not sure I could have been. Positive I couldn't dance like her.

The girl in the Milan video...well, I did get a chuckle when her pants were falling down and Bono decides to twirl her around...it was nerve wracking...lol

Just to clarify, when talking about "underage" are we talking Lolita nymphette underage, or under the legal drinking age (ie 21 in the US)? :huh:

Caroni said:
I really think she (chicago girl) was very rude, and she was an underage? OMG :shocked:

The one in the youtube link I posted? How so? And she doesn't look underage. Where are you getting this from? Or have you seen some other Chicago girl?

blueeyedgirl said:
See, this is why he needs to stop pulling up these young girls. He needs to go for the more mature women. We know what to do....:evil:

Christ, Axver, do you know anyone who actually waited till 18??? :huh:

:wink:

Shoot, I waited until I was 25 (have made up for it since then:D --why I'm almost 46 and I had my 1st drink 'till you :barf: binge last week:eek: )

Varitek said:

The one in the youtube link I posted? How so? And she doesn't look underage. Where are you getting this from? Or have you seen some other Chicago girl?

Sorry I messed up the links, I was talking about the girl with the flower she HAS to be underage :eyebrow:

I think Chicago girl rocks :wink:

U2isthebest said:
I know most European countries don't have one, so I was assuming that Australia might not either.

Actually, the European countries do. I'm not aware of any Western country without a minimum age under which you cannot purchase alcohol. It's just some European countries are very lenient compared to the US or Australia. If I remember correctly, a number are 14-16, though for harder drinks it may not be until 18.

I don't think anywhere in the Western world is going to let a 9 year old buy a six pack of beer.

blueeyedgirl said:
Christ, Axver, do you know anyone who actually waited till 18??? :huh:

:wink:

Actually, I know some guys who are nearly 20 who haven't touched a drop of drink and don't intend to start any time soon.

Personally? I grew up with a wine connossieur for a father. I've been drinking wine for as long as I can remember. And before I turned 18, I found some vineyards were quite happy to serve me a small glass anyway, especially in rural New Zealand.

Having seen several "dancing" videos, I'd say if anything sometimes Bono has a case for harrasment.

People like to rag on the Milan girl but I preferred watching that dance over the other officially released. And certainly any dance post champagne drinking, pervy camera shooting of Zoo TV.

Also, it's not his fault if some hogs want to dance several times.

Galeongirl said:

exactly.... and it surprised me how polite Bono still was to the girl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En6NtdzlA5A

I don't think that Bono would ever get a lawsuit against him, I haven't exactly met a woman who goes to U2 shows yet that would NOT want to dance with Bono.... some don't care for much, but still, you wouldn't exactly hate it no? :huh:

to be fair, if i was dancing on stage with bono during a song about God, i'd try to grab his ass, too.

it's just so dreamy :flirt:

Axver said:

Actually, the European countries do. I'm not aware of any Western country without a minimum age under which you cannot purchase alcohol. It's just some European countries are very lenient compared to the US or Australia. If I remember correctly, a number are 14-16, though for harder drinks it may not be until 18.

I don't think anywhere in the Western world is going to let a 9 year old buy a six pack of beer.
You're right.... I think all EU countries are 18, EXCEPT from Holland (*Coughmycountry*)
You can buy drinks with low alcohol (<20%) at the age of16 here, and above 20% at the age of 18...

And Blueeyedgirl, I think it are alcohol rules we're discussing :)

:wink: the one you mean is 16 in Holland aswell...

Austria's 16. Italy, France, Belgium are. Germany, Greece, Spain, Norway, Netherlands and Switzerland are 16 for low alcohol, 18 for higher. I think Poland's 16. The rest are 18, though I may have missed a few.

/offtopic

Galeongirl said:

You're right.... I think all EU countries are 18, EXCEPT from Holland (*Coughmycountry*)
You can buy drinks with low alcohol (<20%) at the age of16 here, and above 20% at the age of 18...

And Blueeyedgirl, I think it are alcohol rules we're discussing :)

:wink: the one you mean is 16 in Holland aswell...

Rules, schmules.... :D

I have to say that particular live version of Mysterious Ways is very sexy, edge has got this funky riff going on - kinda reminds you of Hendrix.

.....that Yahweh sounds a bit iffy, I'll end up cringing to death!:reject:

U2isthebest said:

Ahh..I thought my friend told me you didn't. That's mildly exciting; I'd be legal there.:shifty: Of course my friend is 14, so...perhaps that's why she neglected to mention that. LOL. I know most European countries don't have one, so I was assuming that Australia might not either.

LOL buddy don't know where you are getting your info, OF COURSE every European state has a minimum drinking age. :laugh: In most it's 18, in a few it's 16 but no lower than that.

cdisantis83 said:

Exactly. I won't name any names, but I seriously thought that the girl at the concert I saw was going to go down on him. In fact, it seemed as though he tried to prevent this by squatting down for the remainder of the song.

:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom