Happy Birthday Zooropa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Today its 11 years old........now I feel old. Thanks to the band for Lemon, Stay, and Dirty Day. Great Tunes from a ballsy album.

Uncertainty sure was a guiding light for Zooropa, and it gave us such an awesome album. It's also got the 'honour' of being the one U2 album that has this said about it: "whatever you do, don't introduce someone to U2 with Zooropa!"

Zooropa is still my favorite U2 album. I think it was so ahead of its time. Gonna have to give it a listen now!

Happy birthday, Zooropa! :hug:

My second fav behind AB.

Such an incredible album with such a beautiful, artistic feel to it. I don't feel like I'm on planet earth when I put this record on.

I love it.

Dorian Gray said:
11 years... wow :|

still sounds pretty fresh :yes:

So true. That's a record that could be released today and it would sound pretty original and modern. That shows how U2 was ahead of their time with both Zooropa and Pop. :yes:

Ah, the album that hooked me on U2.

I'd love for them to make another "Zooropa"-type album.

I can still remember my first listen.. it was like nothing my young ears had heard before. My first reaction was something like "what the hell?!!" and not in a good way.. but I've since learned that is the usual reaction I have to the albums I most cherish in the long-run. Like U2's best work, it's layered, complex and takes more than one listen to digest. Here it is 11 years later and it's in my CD changer right now. Contrast that to All That You Can't Leave Behind, which was a great listen at first, but just seems dull to me now.

Last edited:
It is the album, along with Achtung Baby that introduced me to u2 and music in general (outside of a few "pop" songs). I agree that zooropa is ahead of its time but I beleive in a certain extent that all u2 music is slightly ahead of where mainstream music is.
In 1993 I was 15 and very much in love with all of the boys - 2004 a wee bit older and still in love with the boys

I LOVE ZOOROPA!

Lemon, Stay(Faraway, So Close), The First Time, even Numb - GREAT SONGS and GREAT COSTUMES! :wink:

Thanks for remembering one of U2's most underrated albums. :yes:

FOR THE FIRST TIME I FEEL LOVE....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;) :hug:

Back
Top Bottom