Hamilton's unconfirmed setlist (amazing!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton Brother

The Fly
Don't have a confirmed setlist, but the show was incredible!! The setlist as I
remember......feel free to correct me!

Elevation
Beautiful Day
Until the End of the World
New Years Day
Out of Control
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Kite (for Bono?s father)
Stuck in a Moment
Angel of Harlem (full band) ....into
People Get Ready (with a absolutely hilarious guy called up on stage who didn't know how to play the guitar, got lessons from Bono, still couldn't play, and sung and hugged everybody - unbelievably funny)
Staring at the Sun (accoustic)
Bad
Still Haven't Found (incredible crowd singing)
Where the Streets Have No Name

Bullet the Blue Sky
What's Going On
New York (changed lyrics)
Pride (can?t remember exactly where in the list)
With or Without You

One
Peace On Earth (intro)
Walk On

On the whole - the show was absolutely amazing. Bono seemed in awe of the crowd's energy - and they were as good as they've ever been. He let the crowd sing a lot! The highlight was that during the last set encore, they ran the names of all the passengers and crew who died in the airline terrorist attacks from each flight that went down. As they sang One, POE and Walk On, the names scrolled down the screen.....was very touching.....and lots of references to the obvious state of the world throughout the show.

Sure to be lots of news on this show, especially about this guy who got on stage, claiming to be able to play the guitar....who couldn't, Bono was SO patient....teaching him the cords (which he never hit), and saying he had "faith" in the guy. The guy pulled it out of the fire by singing a couple verses, following the boys on the catwalk and hugging his new best mates.....it was hilarious, in that "oh my god, I'm on stage with Rock Gods" kind of way....A sight to behold. A night I'll never forget.

Peace Out Y'all

Dalton

Along with other things I'll remember as the night goes....Bono sang "THE" extra verse to WOWY, just like from Notre Dame.....MY personal all-time U2 live highlight ever - Magic!

Dude thats my dream in life to play guitar with bono onstage! i might have to spend a few g's to get that opportunity too!
smile.gif

I was that hilarious guy..and I can play guitar...you try playign with 19,000 ppl watching..I was barely able to stand let alone focus.

Originally posted by Arun V:
I was that hilarious guy..and I can play guitar...you try playign with 19,000 ppl watching..I was barely able to stand let alone focus.

LOL I was wondering when and if we were going to hear from you. I can see why you would be nervous, but why did Bono have to reteach you the chords? lol, congrats dude I'm just pulling your leg.

But if you can tell us exactly what when on up there, we would love to hear it.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Wow, if you are "that guy", congradultions!! There is already a video bootleg from the show from someone over on the usenet. You might want to check it out. It doesn't say how much he wants for it though.

Bono didn't reteach me the chords..just the pattern....though in truth..I had forgotten how to play the chords when I got up there. Anyone who saw me on stage..knew how shaky I was. I just did my best ...was it crap yes....was it awesome for me..yes.

I was at the tip of the heart, I can vouch for Arun V, his hands were shaking he was so nervous. I thought that was one of the best parts of the show, very entertaining and very unique.
As for the setlist after staring at the sun, I believe it went, bad, streets, still haven't found what im looking for, then pride. Then encores.

Bono didn't reteach me the chords..just the pattern....though in truth..I had forgotten how to play the chords when I got up there. Anyone who saw me on stage..knew how shaky I was. I just did my best ...was it crap yes....was it awesome for me..yes.

Good job Arun V!
You can tell by the photos that Bono is very happy and comfortale w/you on stage.
You are now a member of The P.O.S.W.B.V.H.-club.
Congratulations.

Check out my story if you want -at bottom of pg. Were you able to sleep last night?

Your friend-
Diamond

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An "open letter"-re-Bos#4 to Bono from me-click here to view--- www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

Originally posted by diamondbruno9:

You can tell by the photos that Bono is very happy and comfortale w/you on stage.

What photos? I wanna see!!!

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Wow! It WAS an amazing show! Arun, I can't believe it was YOU up there! Congrats on achieving what the rest of us only dream of! ANd BTW, you're a great singer!

AS for WOWY--he DID sing SHine like Stars...I'm in love...

Congratulations Arun!!

Listen buddy - you were amazing!! Thanks for making it a special night. As for your composure, I'm sure you did MUCH better than most could ever dream of doing.

I'm sure if I was on stage in front of 18,000 screaming fans with the best band in the world, playing the guitar would have been the very least of my worries....It would probably take all the strength in the world just to keep from wetting myself.

Your performance is a highlight for the tour, and probably your musical life. Congratulations on making us all humble and for living out our dreams. To paraphrase David Bowie - "we could be heros, if just for one day"......Fifth member, not a bad handle, eh!

Peace Out
Dalton

Hey Arun V, that must have been the biggest rush of your life. i was at the tip of the heart and saw your hands shaking. even though you couldnt remember the chords (i wouldnt have even had the balls to get on stage), you still get and A+ for showmanship. the crowd went ape shit after the song was finished. me and my girlfriend were actually talking about it outside after the show and two seconds later you walked by. i was the guy that was like "hey, thats the guy", but i'm sure you were hearing that all night.

Right on, another Interferencer gets on stage! Arun V, congrats and what an amazing experience, to play guitar and sing with Bono!! That's just fantastic!

That is wonderful, Arun!!!!!!
smile.gif

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight..."

I was there..I was at the tip (i was wearing devil horns) and you were shaking very very much. Still I think you did a good job...I would probably have passed out...

sA38587.jpg

you can find other pics of your experience here (my friend took them and she came to see you after the show):

http://members4.clubphoto.com/hayley318995/531529/guest.phtml

------------------
She had heaven
And she held on so tight

http://community.webshots.com/user/leyloo20

That was amazing, Arun! BTW, that was also Arun's Amarican flag that Bono hugged earlier!
Naya, I remember your horns, I was right beside you, I was wearing a Tilley hat!

WOW!!!!!! Hey Arun, that is amazing, fair play to ya! How did you get up there? And I also woulda passed out, so congrats on keeping on your feet
biggrin.gif

And I bet you didn't say to Bono and the boys what you said to Miss Mac about Irish guys.....
tongue.gif

Congratulations Arun!!!!

If someone ask e which of my friends I prefer to get on stage with Bono, I would pick you all the time, WE the people that know you, and that know the kind of man you are, can't happier that you were able to get there and that the Bman grab you up.

Congratulations man.

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Awesome picture Naya! I am about to check out the other ones..
I met a bunch of interferencers at the show.. stefananny, naya, mrs edge, the_sweetest_thing, achtung lady, anitram, zoogirl, bloodied, unforgettable foxfire, kevm, and boomcha very briefly. I think that's all of them, although 3 of them I went to the show with so wasn't surprised to see them. All of you were very cool. It was the best U2 concert I've ever been to. I will have a review up probably tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 10-14-2001).]

Those pictures are so great I feel like I was there, I'm so jealous. I must say Edge doesn't look as pleased, lol, but Bono was having the time of his life, I love his facial expressions.

And congratulations for not fainting!!!!

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

hey skeek, i think i saw you there. i recognised you from nicamoms website. you were wearing an edge toque(sp?) and walking across the street with a guy wearing a bills football jersey (i think it was a bills jersey) right? i was sitting in line, freezing my ass off, watching crazy people. anyone see the guy with the torn trench coat walking the wrong way down the middle of the 4 lane, one way street? i know its kinda mean, but i got a kick out of it. he reminded me of the guy from the simpsons. "get out of bum town, you no good bum"

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I met a bunch of interferencers at the show.. stefananny, naya, mrs edge, the_sweetest_thing, achtung lady, anitram, zoogirl, bloodied, unforgettable foxfire, kevm, and boomcha very briefly. I think that's all of them, although 3 of them I went to the show with so wasn't surprised to see them. All of you were very cool. It was the best U2 concert I've ever been to. I will have a review up probably tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 10-14-2001).]

Yup, me and bloodied, kevm is your bro...

I take it stefannany is the beautiful chick who let us stash stuff in her car? lol

I know zoogirl was the one with the light green eyes who was behind us, that was in and out of the line all day.

anitram of course provided my ticket

beyond that I must have been too lazy to get up and go talk to people lol... not that I talk much around people I dont know very well... but nonetheless... I do make an ass out of myself often enough anyway! hahaha *sigh* lol

If and when there is a next one, Ill make sure to talk to people. As long as you dont all think im too psycho, maybe ill meet some more of ya hahaha
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by rafmed:
Congratulations Arun!!!!

If someone ask e which of my friends I prefer to get on stage with Bono, I would pick you all the time, WE the people that know you, and that know the kind of man you are, can't happier that you were able to get there and that the Bman grab you up.

Congratulations man.

Boy I couldn't have said it better..
BTW Arun..When you called Paul and I at home tonight, my son was mad that I didn't put him on the phone..He WANTS to go onstage with Bono!!!!!

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU, BUDDY!!!!!!

------------------
****Formerly known as Miss Bonovista..Now known as Mrs.Emeraldscorpio.****

Originally posted by bonovista:
Boy I couldn't have said it better..
BTW Arun..When you called Paul and I at home tonight, my son was mad that I didn't put him on the phone..He WANTS to go onstage with Bono!!!!!

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU, BUDDY!!!!!!

Ms.ScorpioVistaBonoLady-
Now pls go to my DiamondGlossary thread..
Thank You
Diamond

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An "open letter"-re-Bos#4 to Bono from me-click here to view--- www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

Originally posted by Dalton Brother:
Still Haven't Found (incredible crowd singing)
wow, this should piss off most of you
tongue.gif

btw Arun
very nice
biggrin.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

UFF, if you mean 'the chick who kept kicking people in the head because she could hardly climb over the railing' then that was me!
I had to laugh, I just got my pictures back, and in some of them I can see this red blurry thing in the corner. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was, then it hit me - Naya, it was one of your horns!!!! lol
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom