Halle, Halle, Hallejuah vs Still Running(RTSS outros)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First off, this song is fantastic! All of the live versions are really good and I love them all. Zoo TV versions of this song are probably my favorite and the outro has a huge part in that decision. I cannot separate U2 and spirituality when it comes to most of their songs. A big factor in my attraction to their music in general. The story of Running to Stand Still is one of bitter-sweet desperation. How this evolved to the outro of hallelujahs being added on the live version is brilliant. In my mind, it seemed perfectly natural to make that spiritual connection with the hallelujahs closing out the song. Maybe out of this desperation one can still be forgiven. The death of a broken body can still give birth to a clean spirit. I think this song has a lot to say about us regardless of different addictions we may have.

I enjoy them both. Teeny bitty edge to the Still Running's because it seemed more fitted for the softness of the song and crowd participation is nice, where as the Hallelujahs I found to be overly dramatic, like the needle and grunts and most of the ZooTV performance. Plus, I really can't take Bono in that outfit seriously. :huh: I guess the whole show of the ZooTV tour kinda turns me off to most of the songs there because I think a track like RTSS speaks for itself without having to literally jam a syringe in your arm. I think the Hallelujahs are alot better for Walk On, they're a really nice touch.

neutral said:
The Hallelujahs for me, so beautiful and haunting, definitely not a happy sound though. :| I love both the Zoo and the Vertigo outros, this is one of my favorites of RTSS right now.

http://download.you sendit.com/4B95BBA21B087B1F

Neutral where is this version performed at? vertigo tour I'm sure but I don't know where. Thanks for posting this, the quality is amazing!

Both versions are excellent, but I actually much prefer the Hallelujas.

I could listen to Bono and Edge sing that alone for three or four minutes itself.

Outstanding transition.

^ I love the Amazing Grace ending too. :drool:
Hallucination said:

Neutral where is this version performed at? vertigo tour I'm sure but I don't know where. Thanks for posting this, the quality is amazing!

Woops sorry I should have mentioned that. That's from Twickenham, 2005-06-18. It was a radio broadcast. :)

Here is the whole broadcast.
http://www.save file.com/projects.php?pid=435898

cool-runnings-DVDcover.jpg
Cool Runnings > both
:rockon:

neutral said:
^ I love the Amazing Grace ending too. :drool:

Woops sorry I should have mentioned that. That's from Twickenham, 2005-06-18. It was a radio broadcast. :)

Here is the whole broadcast.
http://www.save file.com/projects.php?pid=435898

Kick ass Neutral, thank you so much!!! You wouldn't happen to havea s etlist in order for that show would you? maybe I'll check the tour sections. Cheers!!!

Back
Top Bottom