Hall Of Fame is a JOKE!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjhbonovox

Refugee
How the fu#k can anyone say that Robbie Fat Dancer Williams deserves a place in the UK Hall of fame? He is in the Hall Of Fame ahead of artists like Jimi Hendrix, Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, Abba, Elton John and the list goes on. It has made a joke of the whole thing. He should never have been nominated and to get voted in is an absolute joke. I new this would happen and it lessens the credit of the whole thing. No wonder Bono said he hated the idea of U2 being in the hall of fame. The other artists are pretty much deserved -
U2
The Beatles
Elvis Presley
Bob Marley
Madonna
Queen
Cliff Richard
Michael Jackson
Rolling Stones

but does Robbie Fat Boy Williams belong on this list. Mmmmmm me thinks not!!!!!! Why not go the whole hog and induct The Wombles while your at it!!!!! assholes!:mad:

Hallellugh! I knew he would win the 1990s has the great british public voted for him. What a stupid bloody nation we are. I also debate the inclusion of Cliff Richard (wanker) and Bob Marley. It seems when they were selecting the automatic inductees they had to choose the big two Elvis and The Beatles and then went for an artist that appealed to the ethnic population (Marley), The female population (Madonna) and a modern act who they knew would be all over the media come November (U2). Maybe i'm being a bit cynical but is all seems ridiculous to me and the American way of doing it makes much more sense.

Bob Marley deserves to be in any music hof. BTW, since you think, "the American was of doing it makes more sense", you should know that Bob Marley is in the hof in the US. Bono was the one who gave his induction speech as a matter of fact.

Robbie "shite" Williams....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I would also question Queen's inclusion ahead of the likes of Led Zeppelin, The Ramones etc, what an awful, crappy band

I was incredibly pissed off about it. I still am. Oh well, whatever. People will look back though and think 'what the hell were we doing putting THAT thing in as our representation of 90s music'

Sleep Over Jack said:
Robbie "shite" Williams....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

True, too bloody true.............

I would also question Queen's inclusion ahead of the likes of Led Zeppelin, The Ramones etc, what an awful, crappy band

Queen are fuckin amazing

Oh, and I was also really upset that Johnny Cash didn't get the nomination for the artist from the 50s.

Last edited:
Personally I'd take Little Richard (and Cash) over Elvis anyday..I just find him too cheesy and annoying, even if he did kick-start rock and roll..

Cliff Richards inclusion for the 50's I suppose is a bit questionable as I can't stand him either but Robbie Williams is without doubt the biggest talentless twat to ever make it big by just being "a bit of a lad with a cheeky grin". What is up with people in this country, do they appreciate what real music, musicians are? If it hadn't been for a talented songwriter in Guy Chambers this fat dancer would have disappeared when he left Take That. And then to cap it all he gets inducted in the Music Hall Of Fame, it demeans the inclusion of Great and Deserving acts that are being inducted like U2, The Beatles and Elvis Presley. These acts get where they are by BEING TALENTED not by winning an audition to be in a boyband for Christ's sake!

mkjc said:
Bob Marley deserves to be in any music hof. BTW, since you think, "the American was of doing it makes more sense", you should know that Bob Marley is in the hof in the US. Bono was the one who gave his induction speech as a matter of fact.

I'n not saying Marley doesn't derserve to be in a rock and roll hall of fame but no way does he deserve to be one of the 5 automatic inductees.

Daveone said:

I'n not saying Marley doesn't derserve to be in a rock and roll hall of fame but no way does he deserve to be one of the 5 automatic inductees.

I agree with this, if they wanted to induct a black legend then they should have chosen Jimi Hendrix he did more for music than Bob Marley any day.

rjhbonovox said:

I agree with this, if they wanted to induct a black legend then they should have chosen Jimi Hendrix he did more for music than Bob Marley any day.

Here here. Marley wasn't exactly the most inventive or creative of regaee stars merely the most high profile and someone who's morals many people idolised, and so he became a "legend". He is good but he's not worthy of a top 5 instant pass.

Did I just read someone insult Queen? Wow. Never thought I'd see the day.

And Robbie Williams is a talentless hack who should have been given a one-way ticket to the sun rather than an induction into a hall of fame.

rjhbonovox said:
How the fu#k can anyone say that Robbie Fat Dancer Williams deserves a place in the UK Hall of fame? He is in the Hall Of Fame ahead of artists like Jimi Hendrix, Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, Abba, Elton John and the list goes on. It has made a joke of the whole thing. He should never have been nominated and to get voted in is an absolute joke. I new this would happen and it lessens the credit of the whole thing. No wonder Bono said he hated the idea of U2 being in the hall of fame. The other artists are pretty much deserved -
U2
The Beatles
Elvis Presley
Bob Marley
Madonna
Queen
Cliff Richard
Michael Jackson
Rolling Stones

but does Robbie Fat Boy Williams belong on this list. Mmmmmm me thinks not!!!!!! Why not go the whole hog and induct The Wombles while your at it!!!!! assholes!:mad:

Well said.

Daveone said:
Hallellugh! I knew he would win the 1990s has the great british public voted for him. What a stupid bloody nation we are. I also debate the inclusion of Cliff Richard (wanker) and Bob Marley. It seems when they were selecting the automatic inductees they had to choose the big two Elvis and The Beatles and then went for an artist that appealed to the ethnic population (Marley), The female population (Madonna) and a modern act who they knew would be all over the media come November (U2). Maybe i'm being a bit cynical but is all seems ridiculous to me and the American way of doing it makes much more sense.

how about the US's UN ways :wink:.. that way they could veto all the votes for the non-american artists:laugh:

The UK vote for Robbie Williams, the US vote for Bush.. it's depressing but life goes on eh?

The UK vote for Robbie Williams, the US vote for Bush.. it's depressing but life goes on eh?

Jesus, all you hippies still can't over the Bush topic... Jim, get over it, go 'Fox hunting' or something... or demonstrate its ban... Iraq was a fucking piece of shit dictatorship country, who gives a fuck what the Americans did over there, unless you were a Saddam fanatic - which, given the amount of fuss you fools are making over Bush, it's amazing you don't care that Europe is a sucker, bleeding heart for Islamic Terrorists. Hey, if you want to have tea with the types who deliberately kill children and innocents, go right ahead - but stop pretending 'Bush' is the number one problem in the world. Everyone who holds this point of view, such as Michael Moore, is the real danger - narrow minded, trendy, political-fashion followers. Oh, the Dixie Chicks are on TV - everyone go run and learn your politics! Hurry...! Oh you missed it!... Damn... Wait, Green Day is saying something about U.S. politics!... hurry, up... blah, etc.

- Nicholas

zoou2@hotmail.com

nobody said Bush 'is' the demon, although he's workin on it!

fuck this politics shit - bring on the album and enjoy

'Lally JNR'

whats fucked about this is the fact that U2 have been voted honarary members, the public did not vote them in - "WANKERS"

disco2blue said:

Jesus, all you hippies still can't over the Bush topic... Jim, get over it, go 'Fox hunting' or something... or demonstrate its ban... Iraq was a fucking piece of shit dictatorship country, who gives a fuck what the Americans did over there, unless you were a Saddam fanatic - which, given the amount of fuss you fools are making over Bush, it's amazing you don't care that Europe is a sucker, bleeding heart for Islamic Terrorists. Hey, if you want to have tea with the types who deliberately kill children and innocents, go right ahead - but stop pretending 'Bush' is the number one problem in the world. Everyone who holds this point of view, such as Michael Moore, is the real danger - narrow minded, trendy, political-fashion followers. Oh, the Dixie Chicks are on TV - everyone go run and learn your politics! Hurry...! Oh you missed it!... Damn... Wait, Green Day is saying something about U.S. politics!... hurry, up... blah, etc.

- Nicholas

zoou2@hotmail.com

As I said, The UK vote for Robbie Williams, the US vote for Bush.. it's depressing but life goes on eh.

Let's not get our knickers in a twist.

Last edited:
HEY! DON'T FECKING SLAG OFF THE WOMBLES!

altogether now! ! remember your a womble! remember your a womble! remember your a womble!remember your a womble!remember your a womble!remember your a womble!remember your a womble!remember your a womble!remember your a womble!

and so on and so forth! :huh:

Axver said:
Did I just read someone insult Queen? Wow. Never thought I'd see the day.

And Robbie Williams is a talentless hack who should have been given a one-way ticket to the sun rather than an induction into a hall of fame.

Point 1: Yes, yes you did. Queen are a turgid, horrible bloated band..Freddy Mercury IMO was the only member of the band with something about him.

Point 2: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jim said:

As I said, The UK vote for Robbie Williams, the US vote for Bush.. it's depressing but life goes on eh.

Let's not get our knickers in a twist.

Hows about they swap jobs for a year or so - Robbie for President and Dubya singing about Angels.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom