Hall Of Fame All-Star Jam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Every year at the Rock Hall of Fame inductions, all of the inductees usually get on stage together at the end for an all-star jam where they all play a song, usually originally by the biggest of the artists/bands inducted. Since U2 will obviously be the biggest band inducted this year, I was just curious to know what you think the song will be for the all-star jam. I'm trying to think of a U2 song that would really allow a large group like that to just jam and I can't think of one. Anyway, any ideas?

Any U2 song would do. They usually use basic chord progressions that can easily be picked up by musicians with formal training.

Cheers,

J

U2 and BB King often had a good jam on When Love Comes To Town on the Lovetown tour. Doubt they'd choose that song, though.

Wouldn't they choose one of U2's more famous songs?

I dont know if I would want any of their stuff to be played by other people...I know when ive heard people cover U2 in the past it definatly loses something in translation.

Yahweh said:
I dont know if I would want any of their stuff to be played by other people...I know when ive heard people cover U2 in the past it definatly loses something in translation.

But U2 will be playing too. It's ALL of the year's inductees, and that includes U2.

The jam doesn't necessarily have to be a U2 song or an inductee's song. They perform their own songs after being inducted by the presenter and may have a guest performer for those performances. The all-star jam usually consists of everyone inducted and the presenters playing a song that is good for a group like that to sing and improv on. Sort of like at a G3 show, Satriani, Vai, and Malmsteen doing Hendrix's Voodoo Chile together. However, I don't recall during the Police and the AC/DC HOF year, any of those bands getting together at the end to do the all star jam.

I think my main interest is in what Edge will/ might do for an improvisational solo during the jam.

Last edited:
I'd imagine it'd be something like Where The Streets Have No Name, One, Sunday Bloody Sunday, or All I Want Is You.

I think 'One' would fit well with multiple artists. It is also a simpler song that has an easier pace. More complex and fast-paced songs wouldn't cut it in a group.

it's filmed for broadcast on VH1

and the "jam" isn't usually songs by one of the inductees, unless the inductee isn't there OR the song is a legendary song that's easy to play and great for sing along... i.e. Let It Be when Paul McCartney was inducted. other than that they usually just play classic rock songs. :shrug:

The Fly would be nice or Bullet or possibly they'll do something like desire

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it's filmed for broadcast on VH1

and the "jam" isn't usually songs by one of the inductees, unless the inductee isn't there OR the song is a legendary song that's easy to play and great for sing along... i.e. Let It Be when Paul McCartney was inducted. other than that they usually just play classic rock songs. :shrug:

Headache is correct... I cannot really see all the inductees doing a U2 song together... no offense

Back
Top Bottom