HAHAHAHA--CBC rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scatteroflight

Refugee
My parents, who think my taste in music is ok but don't know a heck of a lot about it (besides the major ones like U2 and Sting) are starting to get more with it. My dad called me to the TV a sec ago and sure enough, the comedy program on CBC (I think it was This Hour has 22 Minutes) was having a skit about Jean Chretien (the Canadian prime minister, for all you ignoramuses out there
wink.gif
) and Bono meeting for a conversation, which they did when U2 played Hamilton. Bono hung out at Chretien's house. My dad was like "Is that supposed to be a member of U2?" Yay Dad! "Bono" had the leather jacket and the purplish goggles he affects these days. He actually did look Bono-ish but "Chretien" looked nothing like Chretien. I missed half the skit, and I think it was pretty short, but the main thing I caught was Chretien telling Bono he had to go now because Mick Jagger was coming by to discuss foreign policy, or something like that.

------------------
Love is the heartbeat of the universe

haha! that's too funny!

I love that show! (although I must profess I never thought I'd see the word "CBC" and "rocks" in the same sentence! lol!)

(By the way, Bono met Chretien whilst in Montreal, not Hamilton...)

I heard about this.. It was on Royal Canadian Air Farce. I will try and catch the repeat next wednesday.

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

(By the way, Bono met Chretien whilst in Montreal, not Hamilton...)

Oops...so much for my remark about ignoramuses
rolleyes.gif
I was thinking Hamilton was closer to Ottawa and it was there, but whatever...actually I have no idea how close Hamilton is to Ottawa or to Montreal...the geography of my own country can be a little shaky in my head
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I heard about this.. It was on Royal Canadian Air Farce. I will try and catch the repeat next wednesday.

Man, I am not very knowlegeable about this stuff.
biggrin.gif
I just assumed it was 22 Minutes. I can't say I watch either of them as a rule...but I watch no TV as a rule...

I think it will be replayed Wednesday @ 8. I know Air Farce is on then, and I think it's a repeat of the firday episode rather than a new one.

Oh yes of course Michael - I should have clarified...I meant Bono met Chretien the day of the Montreal show and not the day of the Hamilton show. He told us all about it later that night!!lol!

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

Oh yes of course Michael - I should have clarified...I meant Bono met Chretien the day of the Montreal show and not the day of the Hamilton show. He told us all about it later that night!!lol!

So I was sort of right, kind of, at least I meant to be right!
biggrin.gif

------------------

Bono will make a U2 fan out of good old Jean yet! This is why I like Liberal governments: they make an effort to understand the mind behind the act Bono put up (that whole rock star thing
wink.gif
), and are willing to see beyond it (reminds me of the time Bush senior used U2 as a way of putting down Clinton, during the campain against Clinton, by saying "Clinton is taking advice from the rock "grop"...ah, rock group, U2...well then I'll consult with my aids, and I'll let him consult with Boy George..." Shows you just how intellectual and open miinded he was!! The poor soul).

------------------
The Tempest

you listen to sting wow.the police were alright but sting.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
Oops...so much for my remark about ignoramuses
rolleyes.gif
I was thinking Hamilton was closer to Ottawa and it was there, but whatever...actually I have no idea how close Hamilton is to Ottawa or to Montreal...the geography of my own country can be a little shaky in my head
biggrin.gif

Ottawa-Hamilton drive--5 hours
Ottawa- Montreal drive--2 hours

trust me: i go to school in ottawa, my parents live in Burlington which is about 10 minutes away from Hamilton, and I visit Montreal a lot, like last week for U2!

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

Back
Top Bottom