Haha - DMB Board has "The Official F*** U2 Thread" - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2002, 10:18 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by gherman:
If some of you were more open minded and would realy listen to DMB you might realize just how realy exelent they are.
I've heard all the arguments about DMB being such wonderful musicians and whatnot...and I've listened to a LOT of their stuff over a long period of time, and I've tried to like it, but y'know what? In my ears it is annoying and whiney garbage. Not to mention boring as hell. They just don't cut it for me.

Old 02-28-2002, 10:19 AM   #22
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:32 AM
Thats cool As long as you listend to it and made an informed decision about thier music.

Old 02-28-2002, 10:23 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by gherman:
Thats cool As long as you listend to it and made an informed decision about thier music.
I actually feel bad that I don't like them. lol. I will give them their props for being good musicians tho. I think it's Dave's voice that just rubs me the wrong way and prevents me from enjoying them at all.
Old 02-28-2002, 10:29 AM   #24
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:32 AM
I felt the same way. I didn't become a fan until 99 because I HATED his voice. My roomate would listen to him all the time and I finaly bought a CD of his and fell in love with his music. Although I realy don't like his new one. I just just don't like it when people say DMB sucks when you know they don't. They wouldn't have gotten as far as they have if they sucked. I think you have the right not to like them but saying they suck is just ignorant. Same goes for the people at nancies.com saying all that shit about U2.
Old 02-28-2002, 10:36 AM   #25
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:32 PM
This just shows how mature us U2 fans are. I dont think any of us would ever spew crap like that about a decent band.. DMB, even though I dont care for them. How can anyone say that ATYCLB sucks.. an album that has won countless grammys?? They're just bitter.

There seems to be soo many immature people out there on other boards that dont know what the hell they're talking about and just spit whatever comes out of their mouth without listening to any reasoning whatsoever.

Old 02-28-2002, 11:10 AM   #26
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy:
This just shows how mature us U2 fans are. I dont think any of us would ever spew crap like that about a decent band.. DMB, even though I dont care for them. How can anyone say that ATYCLB sucks.. an album that has won countless grammys?? They're just bitter.

There seems to be soo many immature people out there on other boards that dont know what the hell they're talking about and just spit whatever comes out of their mouth without listening to any reasoning whatsoever.

LOL!

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC
Old 02-28-2002, 11:12 AM   #27
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:32 AM
I don't consider myself a DMB fan...I own no albums, and I've only heard their singles. I don't hate them though...I am kind of indifferent. I do respect their talent though and can understand why people enjoy them...it just doesn't do it for me.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."
Old 02-28-2002, 11:12 AM   #28
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:32 AM
Quote:

LMAO

You're kidding, right?

Old 02-28-2002, 11:55 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Let's make them sound even more intelligent:

Jus t click on dialectize after you hit the link!

I know this has been done in PLEBA and It's Official, I just thought it would be funny to see a DMB board with Jive!

[This message has been edited by zonelistener (edited 02-28-2002).]
Old 02-28-2002, 12:03 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener:
Let's make them sound even more intelligent:

Jus t click on dialectize after you hit the link!

I know this has been done in PLEBA and It's Official, I just thought it would be funny to see a DMB board with Jive!

[This message has been edited by zonelistener (edited 02-28-2002).]
Slap Mah Fro!!!!!!!!! Thez duz sound smarter

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

Bonobono is a gentle boy
Old 02-28-2002, 01:33 PM   #31
I serve MacPhisto

DMB is a very good band, considering the crap out there. Just like U2 was a very good band in the 80s when there was a lot of crap out there. U2 has continued to be great, DMB has started out, and theyre good, not exceptional, but I hold nothing against them. U2 is still my favorite band, based on variety, content of music, Edge's guitar playing, and so on... These DMB fans are ignorant and immature. But I mean show some respect, comments about bono being a fag, laughing at his nickname - which is all it is, a nickname, not his real name like some of them seem to think... Bono is highly religious AND married, but of course hes a fag because hed cheat on ali with lots of other men, that makes SOOOO much sense *thumbs up*... Thats all I have to say, theres so much bullshit there that I would pretty much have to write a fucking 500 page manuscript to respond to the widespread idiocy... It can best be concluded by saying 2 simple words, Grow Up. Nothing better than a bunch of 14-20 year old fans, hormones raging, grown up in a time where rap is the popular form of music. Hell, Id be pro DMB if I didnt have U2 and I had to put up with songs about money, sex, and guns 24/7.

<~~ Has just wasted 10 minutes of my life justifying my opinion for no particular reason

<~~ Sure as hell doesnt have to explain myself to ignorant morons

<~~ Ignorant morons does not mean fellow interferencers
Old 02-28-2002, 06:46 PM   #32
Babyface

Local Time: 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Flying FuManchu:

OH MY GOD!!! This is the funniest post! Have you not been reading this U2 board? LOL! There is the same venom throughout this board for other artists outside the U2 spectrum of things.

OH MY GOD! Since mine is the funniest post, this is the second most funniest post. Duh! LOL! Must you state the obvious? (Three times no less with nary a reply...until me.)

Old 03-01-2002, 02:05 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by MSU2mike:
LMAO

You're kidding, right?

I was thinking the exact same thing as you, Mike.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.
Old 03-01-2002, 02:34 AM   #34
Refugee

Location: living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wrong with that?
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I actually feel bad that I don't like them. lol. I will give them their props for being good musicians tho. I think it's Dave's voice that just rubs me the wrong way and prevents me from enjoying them at all.
That is EXACTLY how I feel about them! Couldn't have said it better myself.

D'oh and he looks like a gimp.

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 02-28-2002).]
Old 03-01-2002, 07:59 AM   #35
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by thingstomake:
OH MY GOD! Since mine is the funniest post, this is the second most funniest post. Duh! LOL! Must you state the obvious? (Three times no less with nary a reply...until me.)

"Am I bugging you? Didn't mean to bug ya. OK Edge, play the blues..."

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC