Guess I?m getting delusional...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
Okay, warning...silly follower?s story ahead :D

I went walking this morning, its?spring, my fave season of the year and I?m taking a two weeks off work...soooooo good, LOL
The tape I chose (yes, a tape, I?m old fashioned...maybe I?m just old :p) was the B-sides from 80?s Best Of...now what a great collection of songs to go for a walk...okay, I?m rambling, LOL

There is this crossing over a large avenue here that I have to, you know, cross :D in order to get to the park. So, when I was up there I was listening to Sweetest Thing..."Baby's got blue skies up ahead"...exactly like today, a marvellous blue sky. Then this silly here saw some small clouds up there, they were more like smoke or steam...or whatever (I hope you get what I?m saying, what?s the damn word for that stuff? ;)). Well, believe me or not that stuff was shaped like the heart in...guess where? THE SWEETEST THING VIDEO! Up ahead. I swear I saw that, LOL.

As a result I stopped humming and started laughing, like an idiot in the middle of the crossing...what a scene, LOL

Ain?t that the sweetest story? :D Thanks for reading. If you have another silly one to match with mine please feel free to go ahead. :)

Once I was driving around trying to find someone's house. I was playing The Joshua Tree in my car but I was only half listening to it because I was fretting about not being able to find the address I was looking for. Then I suddenly realized the song being played at that moment was "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For." :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a manager at the Gap, and I found out the other day that I was getting transferred to a different store. I had FINALLY found my place in the management team after more than a year, I have become really close with most of the staff, and I was really looking forward to the upcoming holiday season at MY store with MY staff so naturally the news was very upsetting. I came home and turned on WinAmp on my computer as all my good CD's live in my car, and Electrical Storm was the first song came on. It was very comforting to hear Bono crooning, "Baby, don't cry..." and "Compromise, that's nothing new to you." Gotta love the random acts of U2 in life. :yes:

Schmeg said:
Gotta love the random acts of U2 in life. :yes:

Yes, definitely. :) Nice story Schmeg. U2 Bono?s shades ;)

My walking tape for today was UF plus Wide Awake. Another great morning, some free time, lots of lazyness and spring...smell the flowers while you can...you know. :heart:

No silly story today though. Maybe tomorrow. That?s Pop day. ;)

:wave:

Lovely story follower baby :)
hmm...

the other day the gifted yr 6 class at my school were asked who their heroes are and why..
one of the boys chose bono apparently
his teacher asked him if it was because he was a cool rockstar and he said "no, its mainly because of all the things he does for the people of the world."

kid's teacher came and told me that at lunch. it made me teary :sad:

the mmon , the stars, the clouds....

...it's all around, and sometimes reveals itself just when we need it. And at other times it is just random acts of U2 kindness.
I listen through head phones indoors, so my visions are more internal, but equally enjoyed.
take care follower:wave:

PS: I saw part of The Sweetest Thing clip on DVD big TV yesterday for the first time. That was special and made me feel...........getting silly now too Just a few more stitches.....

Okay, can you handle another one? I promise you it?s the last one for my short vacations are almost done :(

Couldn?t go for a walk last Saturday, it was a rainy day. Good for the trees, not that good for me :D So Pop are still waiting, cause this Tuesday morning was 80?s Best of turn :)

So...I was listening to The Unforgettable Fire when I got to this place, it?s an avenue in the park, more like and alley, with these big trees both sides, its popular name here is paineira (in case you?re interested in botanics ;)). The tree produces a weird stuff, it?s something like cotton flakes wrapped around its seeds, all of that surrounded by beautiful pink flowers. This morning was kinda windy so when I entered the alley those cotton flakes were blowing by the wind all around. I have always felt The Unforgettable Fire as a "winter song"...so to cut all this sillyness short, I was there walking, wearing my black AB t-shirt, listening to TUF, at 22 degrees (celsius, of course), with my very own fall of snow :D (have never seen the real thing). How about that? Cool. Crazy. And funny. :laugh:

Last edited:
Here's mine, which I'm sure MANY can relate to! :wink:

When I was younger I never totally understood the phrase "I Can't Live With or Without You".

When I got older and was dating someone and we loved each other but just couldn't get along so broke up, I was driving along listening to the Joshua Tree. WOWY came on, and it all made so much sense and was very comforting. :)

Boring, I know, but I wanted to contribute something. :wink: :shrug:

One day, I had one of those really crappy days where nothing could go right and towards the afternoon, Beautiful Day was playing. was crazy, but it made me feel better.

When I saw this thread, it reminded me of a post I made a while back on PLEBA...So I figure I'd put it here

http://forum2.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64859

Okay lately I've been feeling kinda blah.....about many things.... one of which being U2...almost wanna say tired of listening to them. Their new song and video are :drool: but the "magic" was gone. I had even stopped reading alot of the U2-ey threads here, just had no desire (*zing*) to.

Anyway, when I'm on my way to work, I usually listen to the radio and then put on Beautiful Day (it gives me that boost to have a good day at work). But this morning I decided to put in the Joshua Tree. The strangest thing happened.....it was like everything around me was in tune to the music....I could feel WTSHNN in the open fields, as the sun was slowly rising and the dew and fog were burning off. I could see ISHFWILF in the faces of children waiting for the bus. I could almost hear some of the older houses sing Red Hill Mining Town. I could feel the road beneath me breath with those songs. You could have taken a camera and filmed my drive with JT playing in the background and they were perfectly in sync with each other.

My route to work is the same everyday and I never really noticed it before. However, when I listened, actually listened to the music I was able to see beyond the same old road and signs and cars. I could see the gracefulness of the birds, the gentle rustling of the corn fields, the joy of a rising sun. And in turn I actually felt the music for what it really was again. I remembered what initally got me hooked on them.....how even 15 years after it's release the Joshua Tree is still as new today as it was then.

I actually had goosebumps and chills for the entire drive. Everytime the song changed, the scenary changed a little.... it is something that I won't soon forget....how a once routine half hour drive got it's voice.

Daisybean, that's a great one too! I had a U2 blahs experience too, and then "In A Little While" was on the Gap CD and the other 2 Bono girls and I would sing the line about "a little girl / with Spanish eyes" to each other and fight about who would marry Bono if he and Ali ever broke up. :wink:

And thanks for the support about my transfer everyone!! "What you don't have you don't need it now" has been my mantra this week! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom