Great POP tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I've been listening to this on my IPod a lot recently:

Mofo
Discotheque
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
If God Will Send His Angels(single version)
Do You Feel Loved
Staring At The Sun
Last Night On Earth(single version)
Gone
Please(single version)
Playboy Mansion

The three single versions are all superior to their album counterparts, and Mofo is a kickass opener. I close it with Playboy Mansion because I like the idea of "Then will there be no time for sorrow/then will there be no time for shame" being the final lyrics of the record.

The_Edge89 said:
And Wake Up Dead Man is where....?:eyebrow:

It's a great song, I really do love it, but I haven't felt a place in this tracklist where it should go yet. I've been thinking about it though.

Where is Wake Up Dead Man?
-----
I agree about LNOE single version... but I like album versions of IGWSHA (longer, better) and Please (great drums' sound, Bono sounds better IMO) more than their single versions...
A huge + for not including any of Mike Hedges mixes..:wink:

bathiu said:
Where is Wake Up Dead Man?
-----
I agree about LNOE single version... but I like album versions of IGWSHA (longer, better) and Please (great drums' sound, Bono sounds better IMO) more than their single versions...
A huge + for not including any of Mike Hedges mixes..:wink:

See the above post about WUDM.

IGWSHA single version is better because Edge's backing vocals are more defined, the 'where do we go' reprise at the end repeats more times, and I like the re-ordering of the verses, it gives the song a more spontanious feel.

Please single version is better because it has the guitar solo that makes the heart and soul of the song at the end, and 'love is big/bigger than us/but love is not/what you're thinking of' sounds better here too.

Ok, I found the right place for WUDM, here is the playlist now:

Mofo
Discotheque
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
If God Will Send His Angels(single version)
Do You Feel Loved
Staring At The Sun
Last Night On Earth(single version)
Gone
Wake Up Dead Man
Please(single version)
Playboy Mansion

Everything about the single version of "If God Will Send His Angels" is better than the album version except the shortened outro.

Yeah where the fuc# is Miami, A GREAT track. I tell you what a great track line-up for Pop is and that is the one thats on the album.

God, you people with Miami. Here's the "bonus disc" that comes with this edition of Pop then:

1. "Miami"
2. "Miami"
3. "Miami"
4. "Miami"
5. "Miami"
6. "Miami"
7. "Miami"
8. "Miami"
9. "Miami"
10. "Miami"
11. "Miami"
12. "Miami"
BONUS TRACK ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE UK AND JAPAN JUST TO PISS OFF AMERICANS: "Miami"

Back
Top Bottom