great KC tickets are still availible!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tkramer

War Child
you can get tickets right next to the stage for 85.00 as I type this! The show ain't selling too quick in the reserved sections!
(GA was gone at 10:03 however...)

C'mon folks...the show is great even if you're not in GA!! We need a rockin' crowd in KC!! C'mon!!! Do it for little raincloud!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Midnight is where the day begins..."

ok folks...Bump...

...and ya'll who were complaining about U2 not coming to the Midwest, this is why!

If you're not buying tix because you can't get GA like you wanted, shame on you! There are still hundreds of good tix left and I'm ashamed. I'm afraid that those on this planet who didn't get anything are going to start ridiculing us.
mad.gif

*OK, I'll get off of my soap box
biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by raincloud (edited 11-10-2001).]

Awww, but I wanted to stare at Bono's butt like I did in Chicago!!!

*Azalea steps out of fit-throwing mode out of a sense of kindness, and also because she had a bad allergic reaction to a flu shot yesterday and had to go to the ER. She is still sorta tired and weak from this. A tantrum might do her in...
frown.gif

I had no luck getting GA's for KC, but seem to have found a GC ticket that is fairly close in and at a good angle to the stage. In some ways, this is better than getting GA's from a scalper, as this option costs about half as much and also allows me to go back and forth from Kemper during the day. The GA line is a great deal of fun, but I got sick after the concert in Chicago. Ear infections are not fun! With a reserved seat, I can just relax and enjoy the show!

------------------
*gasp* My spoon!

Adam -- The Simpsons

Wow! Sacramento and KC are not fairing well. There are ALOT of good reserved seats in all price ranges for both of those shows and I doubdt they are selling rear stage tickets to either.

St. Louis is not selling rear stage tickets and it is down to side stage so that will sellout.

Phoenix is at rear stage upper deck seats so that will be a sellout as well.

Dallas is at rear stage upper deck seats so it will most likely sellout.

Atlanta is kind of a surprise, there are still side stage upper deck seats available for that show.

I would have to call alot of these sales sluggish at this point. KC, if you dont sellout I wouldnt blame U2 if they never returned. All this complaining and you cant sellout an arena show?? An arena show with no rear stage tickets?? That is pathetic. Maybe sales will pick up but there is not alot of time. Sacramento is going to be a problem as there is NO time for sales there.

Well, its still early, but there is not a lot of time for any of these shows to sell. I think what is obvious is that U2 still does not have that instant sellout capability in the small towns of this country like they did with ZOO TV! Then again, these ticket prices while acceptable and in line with Demand for places like New York City, might be to steep for the corn fields of Kansas. Looks like will have a few shows that will perform like Lexington did.
I really wonder how Tampa will do next week. Tampa was the lowest seller next to Jacksonville on POPMART.

From what I have figured out, there were almost no radio or print ads for the upcoming U2 show so that does not help. Not even the Pitch printed an ad and they are KC's main entertainment info guide. Even a search on the Convention Center homepage doesn't list a U2 show when you enter into their search category. There is a "rolling" upcoming events schedule on the homepage that lists U2 coming on the 27th but that is it. I would guess 96.5 would promote this show more than any of the other radio stations, so maybe they will start running ads. It should be interesting to see what happens. U2 is already on thin ice with Kansas City because of the great 1997 "interstate-closing/make a cheesy video" debacle. It's all good though. See you guys there.

[This message has been edited by ultraviolet_j (edited 11-10-2001).]

Originally posted by STING2:
Well, its still early, but there is not a lot of time for any of these shows to sell. I think what is obvious is that U2 still does not have that instant sellout capability in the small towns of this country like they did with ZOO TV! Then again, these ticket prices while acceptable and in line with Demand for places like New York City, might be to steep for the corn fields of Kansas. Looks like will have a few shows that will perform like Lexington did.
I really wonder how Tampa will do next week. Tampa was the lowest seller next to Jacksonville on POPMART.

We grow wheat in KS...they grow corn in Iowa!

Don't jump to conclusions about low sales... This tour so far has sold out rapidly on every date no matter where, so if these dates prove different, the most logical reason is the lack of advertising. Most people don't have a clue about these extra dates. This was announced & put on sale so quickly, there was no time for hype.

------------------
just as I am I awoke with a tear on my tongue

"Our Bono is indeed a mighty force. He walks into a room and all the air gets sucked right out. He is completely magnetic." -Shirley Manson

oops! Wheat in Kansas, Corn in Iowa. I don't think U2 will try Iowa this time, but back in 1992 on ZOO, they sold 50,000 tickets at the show in Iowa City!

Hey, I would have been happy to purchase some KC tix had I not spent my life savings on two Chicago shows last month believing U2 were not coming to Missouri. So instead of going to KC and St. Louis, I'll just be attending the St. Louis show.

Originally posted by STING2:

I think that it's lack of advertising and lead time not a matter of $$...the Stones sold out here '98 and their tix were $250 a piece for the floor, $130 for the lower level and $85 for the upper deck. We are a rich market if given the advertising and lead time...
smile.gif

------------------

Hey I wasnt trying to be imflammatory or anything. Alot of fans (not all) have been complaining because they didnt go to KC and how easily they would sellout the Kemper Arena there. I had several arguments on this board & elsewhere about this and I indicated that KC is not a strong U2 market and because of sluggish sales there on Popmart. I was told I was wrong because U2's popularity is bigger now and they would sell out easily there. Then they would go on about how U2 were screwing the midwest.

Well the ticket sales so far kind of prove my point. They may very well sellout or it may be close. But I think you can see why U2 were hesitant to play there for marketing reasons. KC and Sacramento may go down as the only non sellouts of the tour and I think that is rather embarrassing.

STING2 I was thinking the same thing about Tampa. That may be a slow seller also.

I just posted this somewhere else but it makes more sense here:

I was just on TM and pulled up pairs of tickets for all of the 8 (?) shows just added. It kind of annoyed me that these shows aren't sold out yet. I hope they will be. I don't know why it bothers me. I mean so many people were so excited to get these shows added in parts of the country where U2 sort of passed over before (and yes I am happy for people who finally get to go) yet it seems a lot of tickets went unsold. I don't know if it's because everyone wanted GA's and refused to get anything else or what. Or maybe I'm being hasty anyway, tickets only went on sale yesterday, there is still time to sell all the remaining tickets I guess. I don't know why this bothered me and I'm sorry if I sounded as if I am mad U2 anounced shows in these cities, that was not my intention, I just want all those tickets to go because i know there are so many of us out there who would love to be there. If I had ANY money for plane tickets I'd be there too Anyway, there are still decent tickets left for all those shows so go get 'em if you haven't yet!

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

Quick clarification on KC show, they ARE selling tix behind the stage for that show, they just aren't called behind stage seats. They are called things like 46.00 100 level seating and things like that. Oddly enough, the seats that were 46.00 behind the stage seemed to be gone in only 20 minutes or so. The floor seemed to be sold out within the first 3 minutes of going on sell. It seems strange these would go so quickly and then everything else stall out. Then again, maybe people don't want to pay 131.00 for a ticket in the second deck. My sister was at a hen house that had 50 people in line an hour before the onsale, but when the onsale came everyone only wanted GA...and many left when they found out the pricy tix were the only ones left.

I find it hard to believe that artists like Tool and Janet Jackson (Who sold very few shows out on her tour) could sell out Kemper, but not U2...

They also sold out of the $46 upper level seats in the rafters. I saw the Kansas City Star ran a small blurb on Friday about ticket sales, but that is pretty much it as far as promotion went. Everyone is saying the same thing---the ticket sales for this show turned into a complete disaster.

Hey ultraviolet_j, where are you @ for the show? I am in section 108, right next to the stage, how about you? (I couldn't get GA tix this time...)

I have decided that since ticket sales are so poor in Kansas City, I am going to make an open invite to anyone traveling from over 300 miles away stay at my place if they are willing to come to our poor little town. I don't care if 50 of you show up, I'll find you a pillow...

Originally posted by tkramer:
Hey ultraviolet_j, where are you @ for the show? I am in section 108, right next to the stage, how about you? (I couldn't get GA tix this time...)

I am in section 108 too, row T. These seats are the best deal next to GA. We should have a great view. No worries about the ticket sales either---KC will turn out for this show.

You guys may have hit on the problem. KC is not the biggest U2 market out there but with alot of good promotion it would probebly sellout. It sounds like the promotion down there has been terrible. I really hope it sells out as a U2 fan that wants the band to succeed and to be able to claim that every show on the tour soldout. I'am keeping my fingers crossed about it.

Sadly though as pointed out above, KC is not the only worry. Sacramento and I think Tampa are going to be worries as far as selling out as well. The good thing though is that the shows will be great anyway and some fans that deserve to have U2 play their town will get to see them.

Blue Room, I'm almost convinced that promotion is the problem. No one I know was aware of the onsale, really how could they be with only four days and no ads? The next seven days will be more telling, as radio, print, and word of mouth get the word out. If U2 can sell 24,000 seats on the not as successful Popmart tour at Arrowhead, surely they can sell 18,000 at Kemper for elevation...

Back
Top Bottom