GRAMMYS-POST ALL COMMENTS, ETC. HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I noticed that too, full moon!

K, I'm gonna throw some shit....TRAIN?????

WTF?????
mad.gif

I knew they were prolly going to cancel each other out with the two songs, but still...Walk On is so much more superior to "chicken fried fingers" or what not. [/rant]

My sister just called me and told me ..... "put the broom away!" I think if Elevation was not nominated then Walk On would have won .........

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

How many nomination U2 have??? 8 or 9??? And what did they win yet and what did they lose at the moment.

Thank you
I'm a bit confused
Tonio

Originally posted by Hitman:
My sister just called me and told me ..... "put the broom away!" I think if Elevation was not nominated then Walk On would have won .........

I agree. I think that split the vote, but Best Rock Song is a 2nd tier category at the Grammies. I just hope U2 can win Record and Song of the Year, along with Album of the Year...the 3 most "important" categories if you will.

U2 had 8 nominations, but 2 were in the same category (which they lost).

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I am glad u2 has won two...I was afraid of the so called 'color purple' syndrome...you remember when the Color Purple was nominated for 11 Oscars and didn't get any...

I can breathe now
smile.gif

12 grammies sounds nice...so far
smile.gif

I honestly didn't think they would get best rock song...no surprises there for me...

dream wanderer

Originally posted by baker6621:
We can still win 3 more!

Isn't it four more?

They have won 2, lost 1, and the max they could have won was 7.

So 4 more awards, right?

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

WOW! Bono sounded fantastic! U2 sounded fantastic! What a way to open the Grammys!!

For all those worries I had about Bono's voice for the Super Bowl - he stunned me with an OUTSTANDING performance of "Walk On!" GO BONO!

And a WIN for "Stuck.."! I actually predicted the Backstreet Boys to win - UNLESS, it turned into a "U2 night." Will it truly be a "U2 night?" We'll see.

So... they won already for "Rock Album?" That's a rather big award - are you sure that this is the victory? I thought this award was shown on TV...

Also, the "Best Rock Song" going to Train was not a surprise. In my "predictions" I stated that this song was overplayed which might help it win. Also, I mentioned that U2 being nominated twice in the same category was BAD because it would split the vote between the two U2 songs - in other words, they'd cancel each other out thus allowing another (Train) to win.

Still, who cares about these awards - it's the ALBUM OF THE YEAR I wanna see.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 02-27-2002).]

Originally posted by doctorwho:
So... they won already for "Rock Album?" That's a rather big award - are you sure that this is the victory?

Positive.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Hitman:
Isn't it four more?

They have won 2, lost 1, and the max they could have won was 7.

So 4 more awards, right?

I think Bono lost in the Best rock vocal performance cathegory too, so they have lost two.

Did you guys see their wives?? I've seen Ali and Morleigh and my friend saw Ann.... woohoo! hope we get some pics! wonder if Adam has anyone??
smile.gif

Yep, even Bono mentioned they had won that award earlier. Rock Album got pushed to the earlier non-broadcasted awards part. So they have won 2 and lost 1. Unfortunately, I don't think there was anyway they could win with the vote being split between two songs. Same thing happened for the Prom theme at my highschool. All I Want Is You and With Or With Out You were both top 5 nominees. They split the U2 vote at school and Eric Claptons, Some Kind Of Wonderful became the theme!ARGH
U2 still has four awards to go, and 3 of them are the biggest of the night! GO U2!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom