grammy.com: Last nights rehersal & other stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jezebel

War Child
OK Kids, go to grammy.com, has a great write-up on last nights rehersal.....mystery of song & Kirk Franklin is solved!

The site may be posting some early winners this afternoon too, including some of U2's categories....

GO U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!! I can't wait till the show to see how "Walk On" sounds. I'm also really getting sick of "Lady Marmalade." Yuck.

One thing that really interests me was this article...

"Bird" Is The Word
?..With a professional career spanning only a short time, Best New Artist nominee Nelly Furtado has already established herself as one of the brightest and most creative stars in the contemporary pop galaxy. Rehearsing in Los Angeles for her performance at the 44th Annual GRAMMY Awards, Furtado once again exhibited an indomitable artistic spirit. The petite Canadian songbird will team with acclaimed rock guitarist Steve Vai for a stripped-down interpretation of the hit single "I'm Like A Bird" on Wednesday night's telecast.
?..The Furtado/Vai tandem may seem odd at first - after all, Vai is best known as a trailblazing rock guitarist who has played with heavy metal idols such as David Lee Roth and Whitesnake. But during rehearsals on Tuesday, Vai revealed the more expressive side of his musical nature, peeling off fluid R&B chords that recalled the late, great Jimi Hendrix. It proved the perfect accompaniment to Furtado's glistening voice and lonesome, truth-seeking lyrics.
?..Furtado is nominated for four GRAMMYs, including Song Of The Year and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for "I'm Like A Bird," and Best Pop Vocal Album for her debut disc, Whoa, Nelly! (BB, 2/26/02)

That is pretty cool duet/ combination. I'd be interested in that. I 'm surprised to see Vai in their with Furtado at all. Props to both.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

You aren't going to tell us what the mystery song is????

nevermind...looks like someone just did.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 02-27-2002).]

I am so excited about tonight!
biggrin.gif

And is it just me, or is that a really pretty funny Bono pic they put up on the Grammy site?

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Why are there no new pics of the boys? They have them of everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom