Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nube Gris said:
would be an honor for the grammys if U2 does play such a masterpiece as 'One
Should have been played at the 93'awards, but the band didn't show up

It 'would be an honour' but MJB is rumoured to be appearing with them :madspit:

If the 4 lads stripped down ONE and played it like they did on the ZOO tours with no political intro then :drool:

Bono can save his politics for their winners speech ;)

They always perform Vertigo at full throttle, but I'd prefer to see COBL in that setting.

(what? a U2 fan complaining? never?)

97301550_68f89103eb_o.jpg

Its possible because they start giving out awards prior to the start of the show on TV, but I have not heard anything about U2 winning an award yet, so I am wondering where this information is coming from.

STING2 said:
Its possible because they start giving out awards prior to the start of the show on TV, but I have not heard anything about U2 winning an award yet, so I am wondering where this information is coming from.

is this the thread where East Coasters will give us the heads up for when to tape U2 appearances on the West Coast feed?

or will it be in the tours forum?

MTV is doing a scroll on the bottom of the screen of awards won already. U2 won Best Rock Song for COBL. Sometimes won Best Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal, or something like that.

The Emancipation of Mimi on Album of the Year is in bold type. Follow the link maxpouliot posted...it said the winner would be highlighted, and that album's info is in bold type. That scared me, then I saw that the winners are highlighted in orange type. :reject:

It's not in red like the other winners so I don't think that's official.

And I think they present that one live anyway...

By the way, I think they're going to show U2 on Extra because at the opening credits they showed Bono saying "I don't think we're going to win anything tonight" (or something to that effect)

Diane L said:
Bad news, folks.

Unless it's a mistake, The Emancipation of Mimi won Album of the Year. Follow the link maxpouliot posted...it said the winner would be highlighted, and that album's info is in bold type.

I think its a mistake. Winners are highlighted in orange color. The catagories are in bold type and someone just made a mistake and continued in the bold type down the page.

The awards U2 won were actually handed out to the band. Album of the year is usually the last award to be handed out and no one knows until the envolope is opened. Of course if Mariah were to win, people will be wondering if the word some out got out early, but according to the accounting firm, thats impossible.

.....everyone, ie: Kanye and Mariah have won in their respective categories so far....except for Maria's 'Mine Again' I think.......

...obviously U2 have as well.......but this is gonna be tight....... :ohmy:

Kanye Wins: Headline "Kanye is a Grammy Gold Digger"

Mariah Wins: Headline "Mariah Ruins Music"

U2 Wins: Headline "Veterans scoop awards"

They didn't win Album of the Year with ATYCLB either and 4-5 songs won grammys of that album, it lost to O Brother Where Art Thou, there is no logic in awards shows, it's all subjective.

Madonna looks fabulous, BTW.

Vox02 said:
So, U2 have won seven times Best Rock Performance by a Duo Or Group With Vocal!

By now, 2/2 for U2

Vox

Plus Lillywhite won a producer award for HTDAAB, so in a way, thats 3 :)

man I didn't even know the grammys were today! i thought they were usually on the weekend... just happened to catch the start by a fluke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom