Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the announcer just say this band was nominated for best new artist? I hope they don't win :| not really my style. besides, I think Arcade Fire and Bloc Party are nominated in that category...:heart:

All Time Grammy's [excluding tonight]

George Solti 31
Quincy Jones 27
Pierre Boulez 25
Vladimir Horowitz 25
Stevie Wonder 22
Henry Mancini 20

U2 17

Ray Charles 17
Alison Krauss 17
Leonard Bernstein 16
Eric Clapton 16
Aretha Franklin 16
Vince Gill 16
Pat Metheny 16
Robert Shaw 16
Paul Simon/Art Garfunkel 16
Sting/Police 16
Yo-Yo Ma 15
Itzhak Perlman15
Al Schmitt 15
Chet Atkins 14
David Foster 14
James Mallinson 14
Jimmy Sturr 14

Chris Martin has HAIR now?! When did that happen? He looks a LOT better! I don't think he's ugly anymore. But where did it come from, I thought he was bald? Oh well it doesn't matter. He looks good and I don't care how it happened.

AtomicBono said:
Did the announcer just say this band was nominated for best new artist? I hope they don't win :| not really my style. besides, I think Arcade Fire and Bloc Party are nominated in that category...:heart:

they aren't sadly

to make room for Fall Out Boy and Ciara

thelaj said:
U2 are miles away from the record lol

Not really, U2 now have 19 Grammy awards and the record is 31. One or two more Grammy awards shows and they will have it!

Alright U2 are on, VERTIGO!

They are playing a duet with Mary J blige too, that's why they played a shortened version.

The Grammy voters love U2, but who cares it's all subjective. It's all about great music.

STING2 said:

Not really, U2 now have 19 Grammy awards and the record is 31. One or two more Grammy awards shows and they will have it!

Alright U2 are on, VERTIGO!

Don't know if I agree with that. I doubt they will win 10 for their next two albums. but if they do - excellence

One thing is for sure - this version of vertigo is now unique (?) and therefore must be had in our collections lol.

This is at least the third time she has sang this live. As Bono says, she is bringin this song to church. I love it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom