Grammy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gery

Babyface
I'm an spanish fan of U2. I would to know some questions about the grammys.

First at all. What's the most important grammy now The Album Or The Year of The Record Of The Year?

I've visited the official webpage of the grammys:
I've searched by U2, but I've seen a mistake, the search of U2 returns 16 grammys for the band, but the two gramys only for vertigo, one is for the short video and the other Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal, but it doesn't appear Best Rock Song. So U2 I think must be 17 Grammys.

Finally, where I can get a list of the artist and bands with more Grammys, maybe Stevie Wonder with 18 Grammys is the only artist beating U2?

Cheers
Gery

Sorry:
What's the most important grammy now, The Album Of The Year or The Record Of The Year?

Cheers
Gery

I don't undertand other question, Achtung Baby won Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal, but this award now is only for songs and not for albums. But in 1993 when U2 won the Grammy this category didn't exist. Joshua Tree alson won Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal.

Was the same Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal in 1993 like Rock Album Of the Year now. We can consider that u2 have won three Rock Albums?
- Joshua Tree
- Achtung Baby
- ATYCLB

And one Album Of The Year?
- Joshua Tree

Cheers
Gery

Now I'm reading a list of the awards of Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal and sometimes are albums like: Achtung Baby or Synchronicity and other are songs awared like: Desire or In My Place. I don't understand this award.

Cheers
Gery

Back
Top Bottom