GOYB snippets? (Do Not post Download Links!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seriously fucking excited. I haven't felt this way in years. Oh, U2. :love:

As a drummer, I don't really understand why everyone is enamored by the thought of electronic drums. I really can't stand playing them, and although it has been said that Larry used e-drums so to not deafen the rest of the guys, I cannot belive that he would use them on the record. In fact, from what I can hear they sound real, albeit processed, but verrrry Bohnam esque.

i think the stripped down sound has to do with adam not being heard very well.........plus its crap quality

If GibsonGirl is excited it must be good right ;)

I am really liking it thats for sure....I think Eno added lots to these sessions just hearing it.

Confirmed ladies and gentlemen! That is what I heard Monday. Clip 2 is the Bonham/Massive Attack bridge that I described but you can't really tell from the poor audio quality.

yes! that reminds me of what it actually does remind me of -- something like when "born slippy" goes crazy around 4:00 and they keep singing "mega mega white thing / mega mega white thing."

i do agree, then, with the analysis that it sounds like this song is an achievement of what they were looking for (and couldn't make happen) on Pop -- using the inherent transcendental nature of good techno music as part of a rock song.

Since we are only hearing seconds of it my opinion may change... but I am liking this one more than vertigo right out the door. But having vertigo come first may have paved the way for that.

What are the odds that this site ends up hating this song? Right now though, :love:

The beat kinda reminds me of Elvis Costello's Pump It Up

I emailed Shawn (guy who posted the clips) about how we wanted the whole song even if it's crap quality (and told him Interference was the largest online U2 fan community ;) and here is his reply. Of course I replied and said we still want to hear it! I also directed him to here if he wants to join ;)

Hi

First of all, I want to be a member of the largest U2 online fan community : )

I did record the whole song, but honestly those two clips are the only usable audio.

Every thing else was totally inaudible.

In U2 we trust,

Shawn

Wont listen to it until I got the whole song, but a question to you who have listend to it: This isnt HTDAAB 2 or?

It has that U2 90's vibe to me. I guess with the album art, track names, this is something really different from the last 2 albums. The riff is pretty heavy too.

Wont listen to it until I got the whole song, but a question to you who have listend to it: This isnt HTDAAB 2 or?

It's beach clip 3 with a slower groovier sound. The guitar is a little more like the Fez Morocco video from the Lanois documentary. The drums are tinny because of the poor sound quality but it's a little like Led Zeppelin. Bono's vocals sound more sexy in style and lots of poppy soul. I'm feeling much better now than yesterday.

And the lyrics in Clip 2, if I heard them correctly earlier this week are "Let me hear the sound".

But see! Now do you guys understand how hard it was to take in all that noise and commit it to memory?!?!?! I'm psyched that you're all so positive on this. WTFU2!

I emailed Shawn (guy who posted the clips) about how we wanted the whole song even if it's crap quality (and told him Interference was the largest online U2 fan community ;) and here is his reply. Of course I replied and said we still want to hear it! I also directed him to here if he wants to join ;)

Hi

I did record the whole song, but honestly those two clips are the only usable audio.

In U2 we trust,

Shawn

:up:

And the lyrics in Clip 2, if I heard them correctly earlier this week are "Let me hear the sound".

But see! Now do you guys understand how hard it was to take in all that noise and commit it to memory?!?!?! I'm psyched that you're all so positive on this. WTFU2!

skott100 is Edges riff that prominent in the song. Sounds awesome but I do want it to be loud.

Yeah well yesterday scared the shit out of the "adverturous U2 fans" thinking The Ground Beneath her feet was robbed for No line on the horizon.

Hi

In U2 we trust,

Shawn

Does he KNOW what the beach clips sounded like?

:up: Thanks for the lyric. Yeah, there's definitely a lot of stuff going on in the song. Can't wait to hear the full version. :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom