Gotta love this concert, definitely

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
Elevation Tour, Boston MA, June 9, 2001...also known as Boston Night 4...what an amazing concert that one was. I wish I were there. A completely different setlist, concerning new songs and also the order of the performances...with Pride and The Fly right in the beginning...the nice presence of Even Better Than the Real Thing, Out of Control and Party Girl...and a cover of my all time fave Beatles song, In My Life. Bono sounds awesome as well as all of them, lots of passion in the air, I can feel it. My new passion, LOL.

Anyone else? Any thoughts on that specific concert? ;)

PS.: One of the kindest persons of Interference community, our friend sulawesigirl4 sent me the CDs, all the way from the very north, Twin Cities US, to the very south, that?s Porto Alegre, Brazil. What a marvellous present, just wanted to say that Bethany. I know you?re not exactly frequent lately ;)...but you?re around. :)

Obrigada. :love:

ABSOLUTELY

I love that concert too!!! I wish there was a better recording of it!!
I love the end of Even Better, when Edge supposedly screws up and Bono is going for it too.
Being there and hearing the reactions fron the crowd after the hair-raising ending of Bullet the Blue would have been great!!
I also love the intro to Gone from this concert...sounds like the edge is firing up a jet engine!!

Makes you wonder why they released Boston Night 2 on the DVD instead, doesn't it? I mean, Bono's voice wasn't worth a shit during the 2nd Boston show. I don't know why we had to be submitted to the standard, boring setlist of Night 2, instead of the differentiation of Night 4.

But yeah, Night 4 is definately a great bootleg to listen to, and it is regularly rotated in my CD player.

I was at Boston4 and it was SUCH an awesome concert. My seats were the worst they'd been for most every concert I've been to so I was not looking forward to that but once I was there it didn't matter. And there were a lot of people around me sitting down but I was into it and so was the guy next to me so it didn't matter :) There were a lot of surprises and just a great overall party feel. Definitely the best U2 concert I've been to.

U2morrow said:
I was at Boston4 and it was SUCH an awesome concert. My seats were the worst they'd been for most every concert I've been to so I was not looking forward to that but once I was there it didn't matter. And there were a lot of people around me sitting down but I was into it and so was the guy next to me so it didn't matter :) There were a lot of surprises and just a great overall party feel. Definitely the best U2 concert I've been to.

This sounds like my friend and I during that concert. We were at the very last row on the top slightly back on Edge's side. There were all these people just sitting down during the concert! Connie and I couldn't believe it, but it did make it real easy for us to see. :) I think the people around us thought we were weird because we were singing to every song and we went totally crazy when they started Party Girl.

I read an interview with Willie Williams about that show. He said he was delighted that the band chose a setlist reminiscent of the ZOOTV days to open the show...

The_acrobat said:
Makes you wonder why they released Boston Night 2 on the DVD instead, doesn't it? I mean, Bono's voice wasn't worth a shit during the 2nd Boston show. I don't know why we had to be submitted to the standard, boring setlist of Night 2, instead of the differentiation of Night 4.

But yeah, Night 4 is definately a great bootleg to listen to, and it is regularly rotated in my CD player.

Its simple, because the film crew was there for night 1 and 2 only. They didnt do the full production filming for night 4. Thats why it wasnt released. Its the same thing with the Slane 1 versus 2 video promo. Everyone is saying why didnt they put out Slane 1? Because the extra production and film crew were only at Slane 2.

Every U2 show is filmed and recorded. But the standard filming does not have all the angles and quality necessary to release a commercial video or DVD.

Last edited:
That?s cool to know that some of you were actually there. I really like this boot very much, for all the reasons I pointed out and more...as for the DVD not being filmed during that night, well, I don?t complain. I see nothing wrong with Bono?s voice or the setlist, even though the one from Night 4 might be more interesting for people like you and me, maybe not for the general public, I don?t know... But I do miss One and Mysterious Ways.

Thanks for you comments and info.

:up:

Last edited:
I think he called somebody-'the big guy is made of steel' or someting at the end of Walk On..
I dunno.
Its all a haze now;)

DB9

diamond said:
I think he called somebody-'the big guy is made of steel' or someting at the end of Walk On..
I dunno.
Its all a haze now;)

DB9

I think I vaguely remember something about that as well ;)

Back
Top Bottom