Got my U2 Communication!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Milan video upload? Anyone? PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASE!
Thanks!

I just got mine----AND a metal membership card!!

I signed up for the first time, so that's why I got it. I'm surprised, though, after 1) hearing how so many folks who'd signed up before didn't get one, and 2) I called Fanfire & they told me they wouldn't be sending them out anymore.... :huh:

Oh well---I'm happy! :happy:

Mailed from West Coast on 12/8/05 from my label: received on 12/12/05 in upstate NY

absolutely love that Bono asks the audience to sing the parts in Elevation so he can get the frog out of his throat.

...still haven't opened my DVD package...waiting til xmas!

Pop Artist said:

From the CD sleeve:

"Any U2.com member found copying or downloading this CD will be banned immediately with no refund."

Don't think anyone will be YSI'ing this one on the boards... :eyebrow:

But we can post our mails :wink:

Pop Artist said:
From the CD sleeve:

"Any U2.com member found copying or downloading this CD will be banned immediately with no refund."

Don't think anyone will be YSI'ing this one on the boards... :eyebrow:

The @U2 blog http://atu2.blogspot.com/ has the full picture with this message. It also shows another line that's worth mentioning:
"We appreciate your support in combatting piracy."

And we all know how much of a fan of the band we are to choose the moral high ground...

It's too bad they never sent me my damn keychain, or I'd consider subscribing again. :madspit:

We wont be allowing any links to these downloads here, sorry. We need to respect their specific wishes about this CD.

CRAP. My password for U2.com had a space in it, but the CD-ROM doesn't recognize spaces...so I can't access the CD-ROM......:mad:

Emailed U2.com & I'm on the phone with Fanfire right now, but they can't help at the moment...they're gonna try and change my password--which I've already done, but it still doesn't work....:banghead:

:scream:

Utoo said:
CRAP. My password for U2.com had a space in it, but the CD-ROM doesn't recognize spaces...so I can't access the CD-ROM......:mad:

Emailed U2.com & I'm on the phone with Fanfire right now, but they can't help at the moment...they're gonna try and change my password--which I've already done, but it still doesn't work....:banghead:

:scream:

Here's an idea...unsubscribe :wink:

Sicy said:
Just another reason why I wont throw my money away to that website. :huh:

I miss using the old Zootopia boards, but $40 is a bit steep (and a little ridiculous I think) at least for me. :reject:
I don't know too many people on here, I still like it here better :wave: Everyone's really fun.

u2_vertigo_milaan_screenshots.jpg

Who can wait now?

OpperGoeroe said:

Yeah, the Vertigo clip from the communication CD and probably also the last track on the new DVD :drool:
I think I'll definitely hold off getting ahold of Chicago and when Milan comes out, get that instead!!
:drool:

wow...I love the The End on the screens...lol

i saw the video, but some shots are a little, i dont cheessy, mostly a shot of Adam folowed by on of The Edge, cant describe it, but i think you know what i mean:wink:

OpperGoeroe said:
Yeah, the Vertigo clip from the communication CD and probably also the last track on the new DVD :drool:

"The End" gave it away, did it? :wink:

Sicy said:
Just another reason why I wont throw my money away to that website. :huh:

My REM fan friend just told me that he received his yearly Christmas package from the REM fan club. It contained a DVD with songs from their European tour during the summer. Do you know how much he paid for his subscription which provided him with this nice little DVD of live songs??? $10!!! and no threats of having his membership canceled if he decides to give it to someone as a gift...not that he would do that but still...

Thanks for answer!

Can't wait for Milan DVD, but when I actually think that it will be released not before november 2006 :sigh:... ehh do you think there is a chance it could be released earlier? :| Almost one year waiting is really too long...

U2dork said:

My REM fan friend just told me that he received his yearly Christmas package from the REM fan club. It contained a DVD with songs from their European tour during the summer. Do you know how much he paid for his subscription which provided him with this nice little DVD of live songs??? $10!!! and no threats of having his membership canceled if he decides to give it to someone as a gift...not that he would do that but still...

I like REM and I'm not meaning to put them down with this entry. But you have to factor in that their fan base and popularity worldwide is probably about 1/8th that of U2. Its easier for them to do stuff like that, because the cost isnt as great. They charge what their market will bear. Just like U2 does. I think REM to U2 is comparing apples to oranges. A better comparison would be an artist that is close to U2's caliber tour/stature wise. Like the Rolling Stones or Bruce, the Stones dont do jack for their fans. I think Bruce is decent to his, but not much more so than U2. :shrug:

U2dork said:

:ohmy: That's 1/10th of the price of a Rolling Stones membership!

Back
Top Bottom