Got my Hawaii poster framed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
was going to post this over on the other forum, but it looks like it's been closed for awhile.

Anyway, I wanted to show this off here... turned out pretty nice, I think:

U2PJPoster001.jpg

U2PJPoster002.jpg

Hi to all the folks I haven't chatted with in awhile. Hope your summer's going fine.

I can barely read what that thing says!

(But yes, I know what it says, so please don't reply and tell me what it says.)

corianderstem said:

(But yes, I know what it says, so please don't reply and tell me what it says.)

The framer told me not to go with a mat because the design was so busy. I wasn't sure about it, but I took his advice and I think it was the right call. The thing is pretty big and a mat would have just made it too big, imho.

I tried to find a frame material that reminded me of the natural woods on the island. My first choice would have been wood from a surfboard, but I coudn't find any.

corianderstem said:

I agree, poor design on that part, but the rest is nice...

I know these types of posters aren't commisioned by the band, are they commisioned by the venues, does anyone know?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I agree, poor design on that part, but the rest is nice...

I know these types of posters aren't commisioned by the band, are they commisioned by the venues, does anyone know?

This is technically a Pearl Jam poster designed by Brad Klausen who does a lot of their posters.

It's definitely an acquired taste, but I couldn't pass up getting it having been at the show.

Dusty Bottoms said:
it says U2 and Pearl Jam

You failed to quote the rest of my comment, where I said I did know what it says.

: gives Dusty Bottoms a low grade for reading comprehension :

:wink:

It's not mean! That's why there's a winky! But I'm sorry you thought it was mean.

All I was trying to say is that the font of that poster drives me bonkers.

Last edited:
u2wedge said:

This is technically a Pearl Jam poster designed by Brad Klausen who does a lot of their posters.

It's definitely an acquired taste, but I couldn't pass up getting it having been at the show.

Don't get me wrong, I like it, just not the "font"...

It reminds a lot of this poster:

po-88.jpg

Which was designed by Bob Masse, which was a one off design, if I'm not mistaken. So I assumed it wasn't comissioned by the band...

So does PJ comission Brad to do designs for each show or just certain shows?

But that's my thing, man! I live to be a raging bitch all the livelong day.

*sigh*

But if I must stop, I will. It IS the internet and all.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

po-88.jpg

Which was designed by Bob Masse, which was a one off design, if I'm not mistaken. So I assumed it wasn't comissioned by the band...

I have to believe that these are commissioned by PJ as they have a custom poster for every show. Klausen doesn't do every one, but there only seem to be one (maybe 2?) for each show, so it has to be an organized system for getting these posters out for each show. I know they become collectible as they are limited runs and sometimes they are signed and numbered. It'd be cool if U2 adopted this sort of thing for their shows as there is such a cool visual philosophy associated with the band's 'vibe'.

Lila64 said:
Very nice u2wedge! :up:
Hope you are doing well :hug:

BTW, how & when did you get the poster :hmm: :scratch:

LILA! How's it going? How are the ankles doing? Hope you're pain free these days.

Got the poster off of eBay the week we got back... a little pricey, indeed, but the good news is I paid less than most did. But it wasn't $35 like they were at the show. We missed the boat on getting in on one cheap!

u2wedge said:

LILA! How's it going? How are the ankles doing? Hope you're pain free these days.

Got the poster off of eBay the week we got back... a little pricey, indeed, but the good news is I paid less than most did. But it wasn't $35 like they were at the show. We missed the boat on getting in on one cheap!

:cool:

I'll PM you :flirt:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

po-88.jpg

where is that poster from? wut era? and did anyone else see that in Knocked Up?
*a*

achtunganton said:

where is that poster from? wut era? and did anyone else see that in Knocked Up?
*a*

Dallas, Texas on April 3rd, 2001

Yeah, there was a post or a thread about it showing up in Knocked Up somewhere...

theyre selling that same poster at a small venue near me.

hi U2wedge :wave:
nice poster
AWESOME concert

That's really cool, I wish I'd got one :( I'm still baffled as to why they didn't sell ANY merchandise during the day, with thousands of fans in line and nothing better to blow money on...

Back
Top Bottom