Got Bono fatigue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coemgen

Rock n' Roll Doggie
This was a news slice from www.relevantmagazine.com. I don't have it, but I thought it was kind of funny.

"One burned-out U2 fan has created BonoFatigue.com, a message board community for people who are "suffering from Bono Fatigue as a result of an over-consumption of U2 music, Bono interviews, Africa-related relief ideas etc." It is a detox zone for people to "work through it and re-introduce U2 back to their lives" the site says with tongue firmly planted in cheek ..."

The site says it's a place for Bono Vox Detox. :giggle:

:sad: I miss not hearing his speeches and random nonsense babbling every day..... where is he now? I don't know, :scream: Noez! I'm suffering terrible withdrawals!

:lol:
reminds me of this

http://www.eliminatebono.com/index.html

metoony13.jpg

Seriously, though, I have seen several Product(RED) and One commercials--and he's not in them.

Bet that this is probably done to reduce "Bono Fatigue"?:wink:

Galeongirl said:
:sad: I miss not hearing his speeches and random nonsense babbling every day..... where is he now? I don't know, :scream: Noez! I'm suffering terrible withdrawals!

Same here!

i will get bono fatigue during a concert if he continues to preach for 5 minutes before one next tour! :huh:

i have my moments of Bono fatigue...actually in one now. Hate to say it, u2 are still my #1 band, i just don't want to hear about Bono, only if it is about THE MUSIC. and even then i'm like meh....hear all these damn quotes about the new record, it's all recycled bullshit he says every album. it gets annoying sometimes. The edge is on fire...oh wait, we might have to get rid of the rock altogether...

i never really get u2 fatigue. i had it a few months ago, i picked up U2:18 when it came out and it's all i had in my car u2-wise for a couple months. so after hearing all their hits which i've heard 10,000 time i got tired of u2 for a couple weeks. my favorite u2 songs have always been there less-known songs

Last edited:
I'm sick to death of Bono and I'm actually glad he seems to be keeping to himself lately. And this is from someone who used to be a frequent PLEBA poster!

Bono's shades said:
I'm sick to death of Bono and I'm actually glad he seems to be keeping to himself lately. And this is from someone who used to be a frequent PLEBA poster!

:love: Bono's good when he's singing, it's when he starts TALKING that it's a problem!!!

I saw Bono speak in Philadelphia at the start of the One campaign and he was superb. He’s a very eloquent speaker.

I am mostly sick of many people surrounding me these days, but I could never be tired of Bono. I just love to hear him sing, speak, whatever.

Obviously the people who go on that site aren’t really “burned out” from him; otherwise they wouldn’t be posting on it. Whenever I get tired of Bono I usually go onto other things and give the Bono a break, then back track later what I missed.

Who's Bono?

(Sorry, the usual suspects haven't done this yet... :D )

I think Bono is quite conscious of U2/Bono fatigue and over-exposure, after what happened in America with Rattle & Hum. In Bill Flanagan's book he mentioned that the little red light went on again towards the end of ZooTV and he listened to it that time.

silvrlvr said:
I'm glad for a little break. He'll pop up again -- the World Economic Forum is coming up soon and he usually shows up.

:wink: how did you guess
www.atu2.com
NEW @U2 BONO HEADS BACK TO DAVOS
January 19, 2007
posted by: LP
Bono will be heading to Switzerland next week to once again participate in The World Economic Forum at Davos. The WEF issued a statement yesterday announcing the theme for this year's meeting, which will be “Shaping the Global Agenda, The Shifting Power Equation.” The meeting attracts over 2,400 participants from 90 countries, including 24 heads of state or government, 85 cabinet ministers, and one very vocal rock star. (Actually two, if you count Peter Gabriel, who will also attend.) Key segments of the discussions will once again be offered via webcast at the WEF website, and will be available beginning January 24.

and just a fyi for those who took my last post seriously... my bad, I should have added the :happy: smiley...
aka I WAS JOKING!

Back
Top Bottom