goosebumps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
what part of any u2 video/dvd gives you goosebumps everytime you watch it?

i just watched the intro of Slane 01, and it was crazy the way the fans light up for elevation. brings me right back to that feeling when u2 walks out!

other thoughts?

I think you are on to something about the recalling your own personal live experiences of U2. U2 didn't bring Elevation to Australia so I have never heard the song live.

Rattle and Hum is my favourite as I saw U2 during the Lovetown tour. :drool:

rtss/streets on the sydney video :drool:
please/streets on the mexico video
intro for popmart

part of a video?

SydneyZoo TV=Dirty Day/Bullet/RTSS/Streets

more specifically the segue between the gorgeous version of RTSS and Streets. I believe it's the single greatest thing U2 have ever done, live or on album.

best thing that I have seen live?

I would say I saw them POPmart St Louis in Oct or Nov 1997, the band had a dry spell of about 10 days right before hand, Bono was spectacular. The band was flawless, honestly.

But the goosebump moment had to have been:

there is this dude down in front with a Macphisto outfit, the full deal. He looked cool as hell. Well anyways, Bono is doing his umbrella rant/rap/sing waltz during Bullet, and he pulls the dude up to the stage.

Well it wasn't enough to see the dude and Bono side by side. They switched jackets, and Bono put on the DEVIL HORNS!!!

:goosebumps!!!

hey i was at that st louis show

it was my first u2 concert, and its what made me the lunatic fan i am today

going in, i had no idea that giant wall was actually a giant tv screen, i was blown away

and then for the intro when they came in from the back, with the whole boxing entourage thing, that was the coolest thing ever

and i agree, the Dirty Day/Bullet/RTSS/Streets stretch on the sydney video may be the greatest 4 song stretch from any band, at any concert, ever

but obviously im a little biased :wink:

Chizip were you close up to see the Macphisto thing?
I was way at the back of the arena, but it was still cool.
I forgot to mention they had a stand-off on the stage before switching jackets and headgear. Staring each other down, Macphisto dude starts doing the flailing arm motion.

I don't know that's the best U2 gig I have seen, I had to choose one moment. I also saw Elevation in Dallas April 2001. Awesome show, can't choose one moment.

Another goosebump moment.

The red screen 'Streets' intro on Rattle and Hum. I saw R&H before I ever saw Streets performed live anywhere in person or on video. Man that is almost tear-inducing the first time you see it.

- "Fuck the revolution!" from Rattle and Hum
- The end of Bullet the Blue Sky on Boston Elevation, when Bono mimes shooting himself in the head
- Streets/Running to Stand Still on Zoo TV Sydney
- The way the carousel turns into the mushroom cloud on the Unforgettable Fire video

When Bono does that long roar at the start of streets on the Boston DVD, the camera makes it looks like he is sliding through the audience.

All of Slane because I was there.

I don't get goosebumps with any others. :der:

Hmmm - 'Unchained Melody' and 'Cant help falling in love' from ZooTV.

Larry's chat about Elvis, when 'Heartland' kicks in....:drool:

Bono's speech before 'I still havent found...' on Popmart Mexico. "If it keeps us interested, then it's not gonna be bullshit for you alright?"

And on the U2 Live and Rare dvd, the performence of 'Happy Xmas (War is over)' That always gets me. I love it.

Yeah if I am being completely honest I would agree with a previous comment that the RTSS/Streets segue is the greatest moment ever created. Musically, in concert, on television.. you name it, nothing tops that almost four minute period from the last 'still' from Bono to when the drums kick in in full swing during the beginning of Streets.

Aardie, any chance you could share that version of Happy Xmas? I love that song and had no idea U2 had covered it! :drool:

Palace_Hero said:
Aardie, any chance you could share that version of Happy Xmas? I love that song and had no idea U2 had covered it! :drool:

Aardie?! I LOVE that!!:rockon: :wink:

I don't have the footage, but if u give me ur email I can send u the audio no problem!:up:

ElectricalVoice said:
Goosebumps: Intro on Streets on the Slane DVD.

:drool:

:yes:

i also love the part where the entire band fades out on 'All I Want Is You'.. and all you hear is Bono just shouting 'all i want is you, all i need is you... yyyyyooouu' and then the beginning intro to streets comes in.. :drool: :drool:

The tranistion between All I Want is You and Streets on the Slane DVD. The entire intro to Streets, a week after his father's death, it just reaches out to you. It will give even the smallest U2 fan a goosebump or two.

SMB

"goosebumps" When Edge slams on the pitch shifter at the beginning of Mofo.

anybody got an audio of the Runnign to stand still-> streets segue everyone is talking about????

Thanks in advance

and by now you have all probably given us about 500 pounds each so thank you..
Im out of control
Im out of control
IM out of COOOOONNNNNTROOOLLLLLL
Monday morning

croud goes wild
damn i have the chills right now!!

Back
Top Bottom