Good Morning friends!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Edge said:
I hope we can have some fun with this set up from time to time in the future!!

You are a great bunch!! I cant wait to see you ALL!!!

:edge:
:shocked: m...m...my...my greatest ....in...spi...ration....posted at the.....s...a...m..e forum....as...li...tt..le ME?:shocked:
:shocked::shocked:
Sorry if I didn't make any sense....
Edge I really admire your and U2's work, I really have taken a lot of inspration from you, and I'll hope that'll lead me to the path of Rock n roll....just like you guys

:bow: :bow: :applaud:

Welcome Dave!

How "can I dismantle an atomic bomb" if yesterday night I wasn't even able to dismantle that "dangerous molotov cocktail" named Vertigo???

Please edge, give us what we want and you won't get hurt!!!!!!!

:hug:

Edge.....

YOU THE MAN! Thanks for having the time to post here! im gobsmacked to be honest! :D I have followed your band's career since 1985 and you along with 3 other great guys have made some of the most inspirational music I have ever heard! And thats no mean thing cos Im deaf since birth so I use my hearing aid in my right ear in order to listen to the music! Somehow your music have touched me so many with some extraordinary tunes esp your guitar sounds! :D

So for that THE EDGE, I bow to you mate!

And look forward to seeing you here in UK next year esp in London when I will be at the very front! :D

Keep up the good work guys!

Chris aka dougal55

***puts her cyber toe in the water and wonders if her cyber leg will get pulled?**

THE Edge...Mr THE Edge This Edge :edge:
our Edge...well u know THAT Edge?
:hmm:
yeah we have been known to have some fun here from time to time
Welcome. Good luck

:eyebrow: :confused: :hmm:

:yikes: :faint: :bow: :up:

PS: U rock...an awful lot...imho

Hello Edge! You ROCK some major ARSE on Vertigo!!!!! Just awesome! :tongue:

Thanks for the killer riffs... my bootie needed a good tune to shake to! :sexywink:

Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

Hey Edge, been listening to your songs since I was very, very young... if it's really you, I must say two things:

1. COME TO ZAGREB, SUMMER 2005! WE LOVE YOU HERE
2. PLAY ACROBAT ON THE NEXT TOUR!

Thanks man, appreciate it.

Hi Edge!! Thanks for all the years producing the best rock music of the entire universe! i feel kinda strage that i am replying to a topic comin from You, the one and only Edge, so i take this opportunity to ask directly to you to come to Portugal. Unfortunately you guys come here for 3 times already, but i was too young to go to concerts, so sadly i missed all of them. And nowadays, when a guy like me hears a simply beatiful rock music called "VERTIGO" i feel a bit sad for missing the opportunity to see you guys play live, so i'm waiting for a chance to see my dreams come true...well most of them, because as ALL we fans feel around the world, our ultimate dream is to meet you guys personally.
Sorry for the big reply, thanks for all the inspirational music and all the great thins you guys have been doing from 1976 till today. I Love you guys, you are MY RELIGION!!
I send a big hug to You, Bono, Larry, and Adam, Please don't forget and come to Portugal on the Next tour!!!
We portuguese fans are waitin patiently....
Have a great time rehearsing, i'm anxious to hear the new album

Long Live U2,

Bruno, from Portugal

i think it would be cool if edge had a journal like my beautiful one on the left?

Last edited:
Nice work Edge- If Vertigo is representative of the rest of HTDAAB, then it sounds like you are going to have quite a workout on the next tour!
Thanks for keeping music relevant and fun-
see you in boston, and everywhere else

hey Edge, great to see that you guys are aware of this place. I can't wait for the new album to come out, Vertigo was awesome because of all the musical/lyrical references that I felt were there to the band's past (the radio DJ's over here in Toronto love you guys! all 3 major stations were playing it every hour for the first day that it came on radio). And the short clip of "All Because of You" that has been floating around the net really sounds great.

PS: are we ever going to see Popmart on DVD? I've always felt it was the best U2 performance ever

PS #2: Have you heard any of the newer DVD Audio music thats coming out? I picked up the 5.1 version of REM's In Time: Best of 1988-2003 and the audio quality is just so much more than you can get with stereo, I hope you guys consider remixing some of the albums for 5.1 in the future :)

Last edited:
I love the scratchy guitar in Vertigo!!!

(Hi, I'm pax, I'm a super mod, and I'm unemployed, but I have an English degree and my grades were really good...can I come and work for you?) ;)

I can´t believe, it´s really Edge!!!!!:shocked: :shocked: :bow: :bow:
I don´t know what to say..... Thank you everything, your music really helped me through some rough times in my life!!!! The song is breathtaking and I want to say that I´m learning how to play guitar because of YOU!!! Thank you so much.......
:hyper: :applaud: :hug: :hug:
PLEASE COME TO CROATIA NEXT SUMMER!!!
PLEASE COME TO CROATIA NEXT SUMMER!!!

Last edited:
Edge - First off - vertigo - amazing - It has its own playlist on the ipod and has been on a constant loop since I downloaded it - all of U2 rocks on that single - can't wait for the album and tour

Thank you for everything - u2 has been part of my life since I first heard Achtung Baby - keep up the excellent work

and yes, I'm feeling slightly shamed for starting a thread entitled "God bless leather pants" over in PLEBA (it might be a good idea to stay away from that area:))

love and hugs
Chrissi

Mr :edge: when you are touring Europe next and you've been to Zurich and Rome, Copenhagen and London, Madrid and Munich etc. etc. followed by fans wherever you go, getting a little desperate for some peace why don't you drop by and do a gig here on the island of Cyprus.

Come for a couple of days break with your families - you won't get followed around too much and play a football stadium.

Love Vertigo which is good cos its got to last us two months till the album!

This doesn't feel real.

Well, I don't know what to say to my greatest inspiration in playing "the instrument of all instruments"... You got me started, and You keep me going on :wink:

I think you've made the best thing possible with this new single/album!
Can't wait to see you live for the first time, so, see you in Croatia, right?!

The Edge said:

Hi Edge! :wave:

Oh wow... I don't know quite what to say, other than that just gave me goosebumps! :wink: It feels extremely surreal to be posting a message in a thread started by one of my biggest idols. Talk about dreaming out loud!

What can I say? I love you guys, and I can't wait to see you on the next tour. Thank you for all of the fantastic music, and all the effort you put in for the fans. Oh, and "Vertigo" rocks! The wait until November is going to be excruciating...

Hehehe, by the way, check it out:

meversusedge.jpg

I'm known as "Edge Girl" around school, heh.

P.S. I notice your avatar is the same as Dalkey Beach's avatar. There was much speculation here as to whether Dalkey Beach was the real thing or not... You might be able to sort that out once and for all. :wink:

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:
PLEBA (it might be a good idea to stay away from that area:))

The PLEBA-warning! :lol:

:shifty:

Last edited:
My first post here. I've been reading the boards for a while now, but I've never posted before.

But this really moved me to actually post something. Amazing that a fan-run site like Interference.com can be so big. First the U2-interview, now this. You're all extraordinary ppl.

@ Edge: Vertigo is a great song. Truly, one of The Libertines' best. (Hmm, guess I shouldn't put a really crappy joke in my first post here).

Can't wait to jump to it in concert!

:wave: Enjoy what's around Mr. Edge, have a good time, and good luck with rehearsals/touring.

All I can say is "Wow!" :wave: Good Morning, Welcome and I hope you have enough fun to stick around! :D

I've had my seat belt fastened - and so far I'm LOVING this ride! How can it get better? (What a cool feeling when somehow I know it's gonna!)

:eek:

I don't even know what to say because it's not everyday you wake up and read a personal message from the man that's been responsible for 99% of the sounds of guitar for the last 20 years.

The Edge said:

:wave:

Wow, I woke up this morning bummed because another hurricane is headed our way, but then I see that The Edge posted on Interference! :hyper: :hyper: And he's using smiley's too :lol:

Seriously, I absolutely love the new single :bow: Thanks for being so great to all of us the Edge :hug:

:shocked: :shifty:

Welcome to Interference!
It would be awesome if you would do an online diary and post a note after concerts on the tour. :heart:

:bow: also could you bring Electric Co back for a few surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom