Good evening Interferencers!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
enajh2 said:
If you want my opinion, the shots from John Entwistle's "frett cam" during his extended bass solo on the Albert Hall DVD takes some beating :applaud:
Of course :yes: John! Now I feel bad :( I never even mentioned him... did I mention Pete? Geeze... Well... now they are mentioned! Pete :drool: John :drool: :drool: Guh, they all get drools! Sexy beasts!

Hey Edge!

Kickin' new single, hope the album is just as awesome! Can't wait to see you guys on tour for the first time in Atlanta!

Just one question, not that you'll actually read to the 8th page, we've probably scared you away:

Ask Bono what the hell is up with the catorce thing!;) :lol: Really, you'd be amazed by how many people have gotten all up in arms over whether this is the 14th album and it has some significance in that way, and whether the EP's or Best Of's count, etc, etc...

Me, I still think y'all were just drunk, but hey, what do I know?;)

Hope you'll continue to post every once in a while, 'til then, adios!

Hi! And bye as well. Oh! Thanks for posting.

Love Vertigo by the way. :up: (It's like I've hit a mind block and can't think of anything worthwhile to write.)
If you do actually make it to this post, I applaud you. 8 pages is much.

And I thought it was cool that Jewel Staite (and others) posted on fireflyfans! (I wonder if that sentence means anything to anyone, other than me.) :huh:

Last edited:
Hey Edge!!! Thanks for stopping by again, you have no idea what that means to the fans!!!

just wondering, is the rest of the album pretty kickin' like vertigo??

Also, could you pick a favorite song yet from 'How to dismantle an Atomic Bomb,' or is it too early just yet!!!

Can't wait to hear Vertigo live on October 15th, best of luck!!

Cheers!!!!

ps: The day Vertigo was released, I spent my night at a local pub, 'london arms,' and the band played 10 u2 songs in a row to start their show..it was AWESOME...but not as good as the real thing, lol!!!!

Wow, so are The Who really doing a new album? They've been saying they will for so long that I've kind of given up, but if they really are, that's fantastic! Pete is one of my musical idols, and I would love to see another Who show!

And thanks for posting!!

A delight to have your peruse our posts, some are our best moments, some not!!!

Vertigo is great and light-hearted, you guys keep on getting better and better, thanks for taking us along this great musical journey. We're with you no matter how far you swing to each end of the spectrum, it's all about the band and us and thanks for always keeping it that way.

I've been listening since 83 and I hope to be listening for 10+ more years or however long you guys decide to go, each year from here on out is gravy!!

Good luck through the promotion of HTDAAB, the release and the tour, hope to see you guys many times next year, hopefully in Charlotte, NC and Atlanta, GA!!!

Maybe U2 could cover Glow Girl. One of my all time favourite Who tracks (on The Who sell Out)

"Separates and lingerie, seven pairs of shoes. Lots of Woolworths makeup, a pair of Black Watch trews,..........The wing of the aeroplane has just caught on fire. I sing without reservation that we ain't getting no higher!"

It's got this great chugga-chugga style rhythm and lots of "scrapy" guitar noises and feedback at the end :cool:

[EDIT]

Or failing that a cover of The Jam's 'Thick As Thieves' :up: :yes:

Last edited:
Y'know, I am absolutely loving how we even hijack a band member's own thread!

Interferencers rule! :heart:

And now Edge is one of us.

:huh: Oh no. So much for any new records now that Edge has dicovered the Blue Crack. The first ones always free. :crack:

Good evening to U2, Mr. Edge! Apologies for any misspellings or grammatical mistakes as I've caught Vertigo! Can't sleep, can't walk a straight line, can't eat......it's a crazy tune, man and I love it! I've listened hundreds of times and cannot WAIT for the album release.

PLEASEEE PLEASE please come to San Diego CALIF when you tour....I've not seen U2 live (YET!) but the music makes me feel 47 years YOUNG, not old!

Say hey to the band, from Ocean Beach in San Diego!

Keep on Rockin!

Karen

DR. EDGE,
I would like to thank you for inspiring me to become a better guitar player...you're guitar playing cannot be described in words...so I am forced to make one up that fits...the word is non other than "scrumpt-cha-lesent."

Patrick DiGiovanni
MD USA
ptdg6@comcast.net

P.S. Can't wait to hear the rest of the LP
P.S.S. Tell Bono that I signed up for my University's group that pushes for legislation to help with the AIDS crisis and that I would appreciate anything he has to say on that matter - or on any other matter, up to and including what he thinks about watching more television. :wink:
P.S.S.S. Check out some of my own tunes sometime: http://www.angelfire.com/band2/slipperyturkey/page2.html
(Criticism is always appreciated) :wink:

Last edited:
I knew U2 knew of Interference, but I never even dreamed that one of them would actually post here... of course, U2 has always had a great connection with the fans, and this just proves it...wish I would have seen this (or the good morning thread) earlier!

Dunno if you'll read this, but Edge - thanks so much for being my guitar god since I first heard "Discotheque" at age nine. Yes, you do have some younger fans (I'm 16), and I'm sure Vertigo will earn you more. It's a seriously rockin' song and I totally dig the riff!! The whole band sounds great, but you...you OWN the song!! I can't wait to hear the rest of the album and see you guys live again (saw you on Bono's birthday in 2001 at the Conseco Fieldhouse...great show!). Please come back to Indianapolis and other surrounding cities! And I agree with everyone else that it would be great fun if you showed Bono, Adam, and Larry how to post here... but just having you here is more than I could ever ask for. Thanks so much for caring, and welcome to Interference. :wave: :edge: Tell the others I love 'em too, especially Bono :wink:

:wave: :hug: Hi and sweet dreams Edge! And I'm jealous that you know Pete. I've been a fan of his longer than I have been of yours. ;)

Edge, if you're out there, please say something to me so I have some claim to fame 60 years down the road ('cus I suck at just about everything but posting here)! You can even say something mean. if you need to.....

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Edge, if you're out there, please say something to me so I have some claim to fame 60 years down the road ('cus I suck at just about everything but posting here)! You can even say something mean. if you need to.....

Well your posting aint too flash either, I'd say you suck at absolutely everything. :wink:

Thank you again for coming by, Edge. This is such an amazing time here at Interference, and particularly because you're so busy right now, we really appreciate your generosity with your time. :)

Don't be a stranger! :wave:

The Edge said:
You've all alot to say. Dealing with the crowd I am surrounded by....this is of minimal impact!

I've read a number of your thoughts and I both agree and disagreee.
There will be remasters and remixes of previous material in the future.....just no time for that now!:wink:

In closing, I would say to one of you, the Who rock! Pete and Roger are mates of mine and I think you will be impressed with what they offer you next year!

Hour is getting late......I'll answer some questions as soon as time allows. I will set up something up with Mr. Elvis.

BE LUCKY!!!!
Cool! I don't know if you remember our time in Az but my daughter was born 7-8! Band is doing well...I heard the new material very cool..you have been breaking out that old viny now haven't you...best of luck on the new endevours..cheers mate!
Jim
(download.com/brokenromeo)

Why do I always come here too late?
But yippie about:

There will be remasters and remixes of previous material in the future.....just no time for that now!

I guess I'll have to keep listening to my scratched Boy album with Bono singing "Twi-li-li-li-li-li-ight" for a while longer.

Thank you for stopping by, Edge :).

Your work is truly remarkable, and it's a testimony to how good U2 is that everything blends together so well.

The Edge said:

Haha, AussieU2fanman, you're so funny and cool. Say, me and the band are coming to Adelaide and we need a place to stay, can we come to your place? We'll be ever so thankful! You can also play guitar with me on stage of you like during the tour and we can all have a pint down at the local pub! And we are planning on doing another album on the tour and we need a producer, we can only pay you $50,000 a week, but it's better than nothing. See you soon AussieU2fanman!

Why thanks Edge! You and the band can stay here! Although, you'll have to sleep in the basement on a pile of old rags, but I don't mind. As for producing your next album, the pays pretty lousy, but what the hell! What else am I gonna do? Seeya Edge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom