Golden Globes tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharky

New Yorker
just a reminder that you all need to check the show out tonight. U2 is nominated for best song from a movie. I believe at least some part of the band will be there. should be interesting.

Actually my guess is it will be towards the beginning. They seem to save the bigger awards (best movie, best actor/actress etc) til the end so people have to stay up and watch it. I think this is a relatively small award in their eyes so I bet it will be up early in the show.

Now my question - don't think I've ever actually watched this award show (above theory was based on Oscars and Grammys). Do they perform the nominated songs like at the Oscars?

I just turned on the TV as Bono was talking! Did they win or was he announcing something about GONY?

Did anyone see Bono on the red carpet before the show? He's way too funny! He and Edge were being interviewed, and were asked if they liked coming to these kinds of award shows. Edge gave a couple obligatory answers, and Bono pipes in, out of the blue with a deadpan expression, and says, "Aerosmith are playing, aren't they?" LMAO!! That guy seriously cracks me up.

bonoman said:
i loved it when he said this is fucking great!!! And they didnt beep it out...SWEET

That's twice now that he's dropped an F-bomb on an awards show and the censors missed it. You'd think they would have learned their lesson.

Congrats to our Boys!!

I had to tape the show and I finally was able to see it! I didn't know Bono and Edge would be there!

I loved Bono's intro to Gangs of New York! He is such a talented writer in that regard!

Bono was really shocked when they won! He mouthed 'Oh my God!' when the camera was on them!

Yeah, Bono has a problem swearing on American TV. I laughed so hard! He's great!!

Again, Congrats to U2 on their Golden Globe win!

I didn't even pick up on his little "fucking great" thing there till I watched the replay of it on u2exit.com. Good thing to, 'cause my 2 year old nephew was in the room with me at the time, and the little bugger tends to repeat everything he hears lol. Whew, dodged a bullet with that one. "Why is Ben saying fuck!?!?!" "Um... it's Bono's fault."

Colin Farrell also let a shit go right by the censors durring the red carpet show... ahh live shows are great. If only Daniel Day-Lewis woulda won and let a four letter word of his own go, we coulda had the Irishman's Dirty Word Hat Trick. Oh well... perhaps at the Oscars.

Yay! And I was glad that Martin (I'm not even going to TRY to spell his last name!) won for Best Director. Yay! Well-deserved! Too bad they didn't get Best Picture too. :shrug: Ah, well...Maybe the Oscars...

Yay! And I was glad that Martin (I'm not even going to TRY to spell his last name!) won for Best Director. Yay! Well-deserved! Too bad they didn't get Best Picture too. Ah, well...Maybe the Oscars...

do you think Scorsese should have won for best director?

;)

Headache in a Suitcase said:
How can we have a Gene Hackman highlight reel without showing any clips from Hoosiers? Come on now

There was one clip from Hoosiers, though it was brief.....

I really liked that Hackman piece.....

Did anyone catch Matt Lauer's interview this morning with Bono and Edge on Good Morning America? It was great, Bono was telling Matt how this came about 10 years ago with him and Martin Scorcese talking about the project. Edge piped in and said "conversations with Bono sometimes last 10 years", they were really funny.:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom