Golden Globes tonight - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2003, 01:06 AM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:55 AM
YAYAYAY! for the boys, Great job!!!!!!!

<~~ cant forget about those 2 over there!!!

Old 01-20-2003, 01:56 AM   #22
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonoman
i loved it when he said this is fucking great!!! And they didnt beep it out...SWEET
That's twice now that he's dropped an F-bomb on an awards show and the censors missed it. You'd think they would have learned their lesson.

Old 01-20-2003, 02:06 AM   #23
Refugee

Local Time: 05:55 AM
Congrats to our Boys!!

I had to tape the show and I finally was able to see it! I didn't know Bono and Edge would be there!

I loved Bono's intro to Gangs of New York! He is such a talented writer in that regard!

Bono was really shocked when they won! He mouthed 'Oh my God!' when the camera was on them!

Yeah, Bono has a problem swearing on American TV. I laughed so hard! He's great!!

Again, Congrats to U2 on their Golden Globe win!
Old 01-20-2003, 05:51 AM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:55 AM
I didn't even pick up on his little "fucking great" thing there till I watched the replay of it on u2exit.com. Good thing to, 'cause my 2 year old nephew was in the room with me at the time, and the little bugger tends to repeat everything he hears lol. Whew, dodged a bullet with that one. "Why is Ben saying fuck!?!?!" "Um... it's Bono's fault."

Colin Farrell also let a shit go right by the censors durring the red carpet show... ahh live shows are great. If only Daniel Day-Lewis woulda won and let a four letter word of his own go, we coulda had the Irishman's Dirty Word Hat Trick. Oh well... perhaps at the Oscars.
Old 01-20-2003, 09:00 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Yay! And I was glad that Martin (I'm not even going to TRY to spell his last name!) won for Best Director. Yay! Well-deserved! Too bad they didn't get Best Picture too. Ah, well...Maybe the Oscars...
Old 01-20-2003, 01:48 PM   #26
Refugee

Yay! And I was glad that Martin (I'm not even going to TRY to spell his last name!) won for Best Director. Yay! Well-deserved! Too bad they didn't get Best Picture too. Ah, well...Maybe the Oscars...

do you think Scorsese should have won for best director?

Old 01-20-2003, 02:00 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
How can we have a Gene Hackman highlight reel without showing any clips from Hoosiers? Come on now

There was one clip from Hoosiers, though it was brief.....

I really liked that Hackman piece.....
Old 01-20-2003, 02:19 PM   #28
Refugee

Local Time: 02:55 AM
On the West Coast broadcast, they bleeped him saying it. Oh well, it wasn't like I didn't know what he said!!!!!
Old 01-20-2003, 02:43 PM   #29
Acrobat

Did anyone catch Matt Lauer's interview this morning with Bono and Edge on Good Morning America? It was great, Bono was telling Matt how this came about 10 years ago with him and Martin Scorcese talking about the project. Edge piped in and said "conversations with Bono sometimes last 10 years", they were really funny.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:53 PM   #30
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

No, dang it! Didn't even think about watching it

Funny Edge
Old 01-20-2003, 08:20 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by dipster
Did anyone catch Matt Lauer's interview this morning with Bono and Edge on Good Morning America? It was great, Bono was telling Matt how this came about 10 years ago with him and Martin Scorcese talking about the project. Edge piped in and said "conversations with Bono sometimes last 10 years", they were really funny.
If it was Matt Lauer, it was probably the Today Show, right? Damn! And I didn't watch it! Maybe my mom did...

One of my roommates was angry that Peter Jackson didn't win for best director...
Old 01-21-2003, 06:25 AM   #32
Acrobat

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wertsie

If it was Matt Lauer, it was probably the Today Show, right? Damn! And I didn't watch it! Maybe my mom did...

One of my roommates was angry that Peter Jackson didn't win for best director...
[/QUOTE

Yes, it was on the Today show, and it was on almost at the end of the show. I normally don't watch it that late in the morning (9:45 am), but I was off from work because of the Martin Luther King holiday. Matt also talked to Martin Scorsece right after Bono and Edge.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:00 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
For anyone that missed it, the Bravo Channel is going to reair the show Sat at 7pm Eastern.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:17 PM   #34
War Child

that was totally cool (yeah I know I'm 2 days late) but I TOTALLY DIDNT EXPECT Bono AND The Edge to be there AND for Bono to read the intro to Gangs Of New York and of course, they won! Awesome I'm sure this increases their chances for an Oscar nomination and possible win!
Old 01-21-2003, 11:36 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by U2LA
that was totally cool (yeah I know I'm 2 days late) but I TOTALLY DIDNT EXPECT Bono AND The Edge to be there AND for Bono to read the intro to Gangs Of New York and of course, they won! Awesome I'm sure this increases their chances for an Oscar nomination and possible win!
Hey Camilo! So I take it you didn't catch up with either Edge or Bono in Beverly Hills? If only you knew about it!
Old 01-22-2003, 10:15 AM   #36
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths

Hey Camilo! So I take it you didn't catch up with either Edge or Bono in Beverly Hills? If only you knew about it!
you know, I think my U2 stalking days are over. Ive met them, been in their presence as fly on a wall, had my photo with Bono, had things autpgraphed twice. If Bono said lets have a drink or The Edge wanted me to listen to him play some chords for the new album, that would be the next plain. And I just dont think thats gonna happen!!!

P.S. hey Michael sorry we didnt get to meet when you were here, hope you had a good time somehow! At least we talked on the phone...
Old 01-22-2003, 01:12 PM   #37
Refugee

Location: living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wrong with that?
Quote:

you know, I think my U2 stalking days are over. Ive met them, been in their presence as fly on a wall, had my photo with Bono, had things autpgraphed twice. If Bono said lets have a drink or The Edge wanted me to listen to him play some chords for the new album, that would be the next plain. And I just dont think thats gonna happen!!!

It's good to know someone feels that way, after seeing how most people who meet them and get pics go right back again the next day. How nice to see someone grateful for what they got and knowing how lucky they are. Don't wear them out before I get to them!

Brandon Boyd

-Incubus
Old 01-22-2003, 01:26 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by wertsie

What? Two Towers was a great movie. It would have been no injustice had he ended up at the podium.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:48 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

P.S. hey Michael sorry we didnt get to meet when you were here, hope you had a good time somehow! At least we talked on the phone...
haha, well, it was quite the experience, that much I can say! It is too bad that we didn't get to meet, but those are the breaks. It was fun trying to meet though! haha You guys certainly have the best winter weather. Where I am right now, we just got a fresh dump of snow (which I don't mind but still...). I should take advantage and go snowboarding. I'd still rather be surfing down in LA though!