Golden Globes tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dipster said:
Did anyone catch Matt Lauer's interview this morning with Bono and Edge on Good Morning America? It was great, Bono was telling Matt how this came about 10 years ago with him and Martin Scorcese talking about the project. Edge piped in and said "conversations with Bono sometimes last 10 years", they were really funny.:lol:

:eyebrow: If it was Matt Lauer, it was probably the Today Show, right? Damn! And I didn't watch it! :hmm: Maybe my mom did...

One of my roommates was angry that Peter Jackson didn't win for best director...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wertsie said:

:eyebrow: If it was Matt Lauer, it was probably the Today Show, right? Damn! And I didn't watch it! :hmm: Maybe my mom did...

One of my roommates was angry that Peter Jackson didn't win for best director...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE

Yes, it was on the Today show, and it was on almost at the end of the show. I normally don't watch it that late in the morning (9:45 am), but I was off from work because of the Martin Luther King holiday. Matt also talked to Martin Scorsece right after Bono and Edge.

that was totally cool (yeah I know I'm 2 days late) but I TOTALLY DIDNT EXPECT Bono AND The Edge to be there AND for Bono to read the intro to Gangs Of New York and of course, they won! Awesome I'm sure this increases their chances for an Oscar nomination and possible win!

U2LA said:
that was totally cool (yeah I know I'm 2 days late) but I TOTALLY DIDNT EXPECT Bono AND The Edge to be there AND for Bono to read the intro to Gangs Of New York and of course, they won! Awesome I'm sure this increases their chances for an Oscar nomination and possible win!
Hey Camilo! So I take it you didn't catch up with either Edge or Bono in Beverly Hills? If only you knew about it!

Michael Griffiths said:

Hey Camilo! So I take it you didn't catch up with either Edge or Bono in Beverly Hills? If only you knew about it!

you know, I think my U2 stalking days are over. Ive met them, been in their presence as fly on a wall, had my photo with Bono, had things autpgraphed twice. If Bono said lets have a drink or The Edge wanted me to listen to him play some chords for the new album, that would be the next plain. And I just dont think thats gonna happen!!!

P.S. hey Michael sorry we didnt get to meet when you were here, hope you had a good time somehow! At least we talked on the phone...

U2LA said:

you know, I think my U2 stalking days are over. Ive met them, been in their presence as fly on a wall, had my photo with Bono, had things autpgraphed twice. If Bono said lets have a drink or The Edge wanted me to listen to him play some chords for the new album, that would be the next plain. And I just dont think thats gonna happen!!!

It's good to know someone feels that way, after seeing how most people who meet them and get pics go right back again the next day. How nice to see someone grateful for what they got and knowing how lucky they are. Don't wear them out before I get to them!;)

U2LA said:

P.S. hey Michael sorry we didnt get to meet when you were here, hope you had a good time somehow! At least we talked on the phone...
haha, well, it was quite the experience, that much I can say! It is too bad that we didn't get to meet, but those are the breaks. It was fun trying to meet though! haha You guys certainly have the best winter weather. Where I am right now, we just got a fresh dump of snow (which I don't mind but still...). I should take advantage and go snowboarding. I'd still rather be surfing down in LA though!

Back
Top Bottom