Golden Circle or GA - which is the better choice....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackleberry

War Child
If you are not able to stand in line at the but crack of dawn the day of the show? Can someone help me decide. I work until 5:30pm and I will not be able to get in line earlier enough to get inside the heart or for that matter anywhere near it.

I just want to know if Golden Circles are just as good.

Please help.

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

We got to the Chicago GA line just before 5 am on Monday, and there were about 55 people ahead of us. By about 11:30 am the line was about halfway around the block. If you had gotten there any later you would have been quite far back. I had GC's on the first leg 5th row from the side of the stage which were fantastic, the GC's definitely offer a different view form the GA's. They're higher, so you get basically a great view of the whole set up. So they kinda both have their advantages...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

I have done both GC and GA, so I feel I can give you a solid opinion.

GC: Propaganda provided outstanding GC tickets to the Hartford show I attended last June. The tickets were SO good that I felt I was out on the floor. Bono was "right there" as he walked by my seats on the ramp. Therefore, with good GC seats, the advantage is a great view possibly very close to the stage/ramp and you don't have to wait outside all day. You have an assigned seat, so if you need to leave for any reason, you won't lose your spot.

The disadvantage though is clearly the cost. The GC ticket is about 3x that of the GA (face values only). Also, you may get a bad GC ticket that puts you at the back of the GA area. Suddenly that's not such a great view. Therefore, before you buy any GC ticket, check where it is in the arena (most arenas are listed on the web, so you can identify the area).

GA: The GA ticket obviously allows you potential access inside the heart. This close proximity to the band is the appeal of the GA ticket.

Bono only pulls people with GA tickets onto the ramp, so again, this is a wonderful bonus for the fans with these tickets. If you get a spot at the tip of the heart (either inside or outside) you will literally be a few feet away from the band members as they perform. It's one thing to see them perform from a distance - it's another to see them perform literally right in front of you.

The disadvantage is that these are "hot" tickets. Therefore, your chances of getting one for the face value price of $45 is pretty slim (if you don't already have one). Be prepared to spend more on that GA ticket than you might if you just bought a GC ticket at face value. Also, to get the prime spots in the heart (right at the stage) or outside the heart (right at the tip) you need to wait outside in the GA line - sometimes all night. As you wrote, you don't have that type of time, so perhaps a GA ticket isn't the best choice for you. If you get in line at 5 p.m. you might still make the heart, but you won't get a good spot along the rail or be anywhere near the tip or the stage. Of course, you'll still be ridiculously close, but not the ideal spots fans like to be. Furthermore, as I wrote, if you don't have your GA ticket already, you may wind up paying a lot more than face value for it.

Another disadvantage is that without an assigned seat, even if you have a great spot, you can lose it if you have to leave the area (bathroom or drink breaks). The GC is great if you bought souvenirs and want to put them down on your seat as you enjoy the show - but with GA, you'll have to hold all souvenirs you may have bought before the concert.

Bottom line: GA provides the opportunity to be VERY close to the band and even pulled up on stage. But the price to pay is time (in the GA line) and now $$ (to the ticket broker for this "hot" ticket). GC provides the opportunity to have a great seat that's almost as good as a GA spot (and can be MUCH better) without having to wait in line all day. However, you won't be pulled up on stage with the GC ticket, and they are more expensive.

What do I recommend? Well, since you can't get there early, I say go for GOOD GC tickets. Considering how late you will arrive in the GA line, I'm guessing that you'll just get a spot outside the heart - not quite as special as you might have hoped. However, if you think you still have a chance of getting into the heart, even though you can't get into line until late, then get the GA.

Have you considered calling in sick? Getting GAs and being in the front is a lifetime op!
biggrin.gif

my advice?
call in sick, and line up for your spot in the GA line. either that, or get someone to stand in line for you. if you are not allowed to call in sick, and cant find someone to hold a spot in line for you...

then do what we would ALL do. QUIT your job!!!

after all, it would be for a great cause... =P

------------------
"Thou shalt think of U2 in thy daily prayers. Such is the first tenet of Bonotheism."

I had an $85 ticket for Phoenix, and I sat right behind Joe and the mixing board, but up. I've never heard a concert that sounded so good! I heard what Joe heard. I was also directly across from the tip of the heart with no one in front of me. Even the cheaper seats can be good.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

Actually DrWho, Bono did indeed pick someone from outside G.A. just last week in Montreal. He motioned for a woman sitting in G.C. to come up to the catwalk (which she did for the remainder of Bad...in Bono's arms....*sigh*...), ah, but I digress...

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

Actually DrWho, Bono did indeed pick someone from outside G.A. just last week in Montreal. He motioned for a woman sitting in G.C. to come up to the catwalk (which she did for the remainder of Bad...in Bono's arms....*sigh*...), ah, but I digress...

Aaaah, I was caught by the ol' "never say never" or "always" trap. O.K., there's an exception.
wink.gif
But I think it's safe to say 99% of the time, he does not pull up a GC person. Of course, considering how much those tickets cost, he should piss on all GA people and treat the GC people like royalty.
wink.gif

Originally posted by doctorwho:

Of course, considering how much those tickets cost, he should piss on all GA people and treat the GC people like royalty.
wink.gif

Then he'd have to do it every night, or people would complain that he only pisses on people SOME nights!

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

Originally posted by doctorwho:

Aaaah, I was caught by the ol' "never say never" or "always" trap. O.K., there's an exception.
wink.gif
But I think it's safe to say 99% of the time, he does not pull up a GC person. Of course, considering how much those tickets cost, he should piss on all GA people and treat the GC people like royalty.
wink.gif

Aaaah but you also have to remember what people close to the stage with GA went through to get there.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom