Going to The Airport Tomorrow to Try and Catch the Boys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmacphisto

Refugee
Wish me luck...I'll need it. I plan on walking there as its just a few miles away. Hope to meet up with some other fans.
I tried to catch them last time by walking around the airport late night/early morning, didnt work, they didnt leave till the next day. It was exausting and rather dangerous.
This time, there may be tons of security there and i dont know what my chances of molesting - er, i mean, getting to have a meaningful conversation with the band are.
biggrin.gif

But, i gotta try! Too bad my expensive camera was thrown out by some sick bastards, so i cant take pix, but hopefully the other fans will.
I dont even know if i can go to the concert on the 19th or in Vegas, due to serious financial problems. This has never stopped me before, but its much worse this time. At the very least, i plan on hanging out outside the venue on the 19th and at least try to get to attack - er...say hi to them!
wink.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 11-13-2001).]

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
Too bad my expensive camera was thrown out by some sick bastards, so i cant take pix, but hopefully the other fans will.
Wish me luck!!!!!!! Might be a long day..

buy a disposal. i'm sure there only $50 or so in a U.S. airport. oh wait that's with the canadian dollar, make that $20.

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

*Pictures herself sneaking on board the jet dressed as a stewardess...*
"Coffee? Peanuts???"
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
At the very least, i plan on hanging out outside the venue on the 19th and at least try to get to attack - er...say hi to them!
wink.gif

Cool!! I'm going to that concert, but I have seats, so my friend and I will just be hanging out and meeting people all day! Yessss, and hopefully I'll get to meet the boys!!!!!! *so excited*

I SAW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif

Its incredible! They took off at about 11:45 am, and it is a total MIRACLE that i caught them.
I left(on foot,mind you) at around 8:30 in the morning, i wandered around the airport for hours looking for the right street...couldnt find it. Asked people, they had never even heard of that street. I knew of it, but just wasnt sure where it was.
I had my pup with me, and we were both exhausted, but kept on going.
Finally, i stopped and asked the guy at a gas station and he said "No,I'm sorry..." and i turned and started to go. Then he shouted "Oh wait!" and said yeah, its through the tunnel, first light after it. It was a long ways off, but my intrepid pooch and i made it through and sure enough, there it was. Now i wasnt sure which way to turn,I remembered the air shows i attend every year at this airport, and figured it had to be close to the main part of the airport, so i turned left....Then Bingo! I found the 2nd street i was looking for. I looked to the left, couldnt find the aviation company where the planes hangar is at...started to walk a bit again, then stopped.
I had been looking skyward all day in the hopes of seeing it as it takes off, but all i'd seen was ordinary planes...I was beginning to think I had missed them,as it was already 11:45 or so. I didnt have much hope but i thought it possible they might not leave until afternoon which is what i think they did after their last concert in the So.Cal area. And i figured that even if i miss them, at least I'll know where the plane is kept so maybe i can catch em after the show in LA on the 19th.
Anyway, so now I know i've reached the right place,or close to it, i began to look for a place that i might get a look at the runway and hangars. Suddenly, i hear the roar of a jets engines. Expecting another false alarm , i glanced at the sky above the rooftops.
I Saw A Beautiful White Plane....With A Little Red Heart Suitcase on the tail!!!!!!!! My Jaw hit the ground and I Gasped and stared, and whispered Oh My God...
It roared right past me!!! I scooped up my pup and she stared after it too...We watched as it flew south, then banked to the right, made a smooth graceful turn and headed North, tipping its wings just a bit,a plume of grey smoke trailing behind it. AWESOME...

I already have an obsession with jets, and this one literally took my breath away. I watched it disappear, and realized what an absolute MIRACLE it was that i got there to see them off, just in the nick of time!
If I had been 5 seconds later, it wouldve been too late.
cool.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 11-14-2001).]

Thanks Martha! I'm gonna try again on the 19th. I just got home a little while ago, the entire trip took me 5 hours, walking all the way! I was soo thirsty, i deperately wanted to stop and get a drink. Thank God I didnt!!
wink.gif

------------------

That's awesome!
smile.gif

------------------
And I have no religion
And I don't know what's what

Thanks, NicaMom! Yeah, that plane is incredible! Almost as cute as the band itself!!
wink.gif

I will show up regardless on whether or not i have tix. I'm gonna get there early to try and catch the boys and some fans!
smile.gif

------------------

Back
Top Bottom