God Part II A classic that needs to return

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
I was listening to it on the New Year's Eve concert and it made me realize how much I miss this song in the set.

Bono's voice yelling Love and the almost Stevie Ray Vaughan type sound coming from Edge's guitar.

That and they lyrics are great
Dont believe the Devil
Dont believe his book
Truth is not the same without the lies he made up

Dont believe in riches but you should see where I live.

Dont believe in the Uzi that just went off in my hand I I believe in love

I dunno if Bono could do this one again but that would be the surprise of the century for me if that one made a comeback it being such a great song that got taken out of the set too soon......in fact I think on the Zoo Tv tour it would have been a better number for the Mirrorball Man bit then Desire!

I think it's an amazing song.
I just don't think Bono can sing it that way any more.
His voice is too damaged.

Agreed, bring it back. You would think since they haven't played it live in many years, that they might want to rip into it on this tour....Open w/ Vertigo, ABOY, God II

Whose with me???!!!!

Damn right!!! :up: This song rocks and should be back!!!! Amazing screaming from Bono! I love it!!! :hyper: This song is full of awesome lines and an AMAZING drumbeat! And I love the solo Edge did live!!!! :up:

I would love it but unfortunately I dont think it will be done. Bono could sing it except for the final refrain, he would not be able to belt that out (he had trouble with it on Lovetown!), so he could sing it differently which would be cool. But it would lose some of its intensity. Although, his voice does sound like its in pretty good shape from what I have heard. There is no way he could belt it out every night though.

U2 have not worked on or thought about playing it though since Zoo. So its unlikely unfortunately. You never know I guess, I think they are going to throw a few curve balls at us like the last tour. But its not going to be anything drastic.

Back
Top Bottom