God Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultraviolet92

War Child
i saw a version of god part 2 in sydney on youtube and it was awesome
there is also a snippet of the clip in the zoo tv easter egg

does anyone know where i can get the full clip on dvd?

um im not sure how to get to it but its a hidden egg and its a video of all of u2's clips from 1980 onwards and there is a snippet of god part 2 live which is f***ing amazing and i want to know where i can get it on dvd or video

he's talking about the "history mix" for the eighty's period of the band. there's a snippet of Gp2, but they used the live footage for the song from the "Lovetown in Sydney" special.

edit: wait i'm wrong. the video clip is from some other gig on the lovetown tour.

You can download it and burn it on dvd I guess... I got it but it's way too big to upload... so you need a torrent, I'm sure it's widely available :) just search Lovetown documentary sydney and you'll find it!

Are you talking about the one where Bono is "stripping" in the beginning of the song? That one and 5 others from that show along with a lot of other good stuff are part of a pretty widely available bootleg DVD called Angels in Devils Shoes. It's a pretty decent quality version. Look for it from where you can buy U2 bootleg dvd's.

Actually probably not ebay now that I think of it, it's probably not allowed. I can send you a link to where you can buy the bootleg tho if you like.

Last edited:
bonocomet said:
Are you talking about the one where Bono is "stripping" in the beginning of the song? That one and 5 others from that show along with a lot of other good stuff are part of a pretty widely available bootleg DVD called Angels in Devils Shoes. It's a pretty decent quality version. Look for it from where you can buy U2 bootleg dvd's.

Actually probably not ebay now that I think of it, it's probably not allowed. I can send you a link to where you can buy the bootleg tho if you like.

Buy? No no. Just download it, don't support bootleg sellers.

Well I only mention that because some people can't download big files, and might like the large dvd sets you can buy :shrug: Someone could also burn a copy to send to him for free. I would if I had the disc space on my computer but I don't right now. If I can free up enough space at some point I'd be happy to do it, but I don't know when that will be.

ok thanks for ya help guys and bonocomet thats too much to ask for someone to send me a free copy of the dvd but if anyone did i would pay them thanks a lot for the offer bonocomet would be cool if someone can burn it ..
btw its this version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHXkv0A5IaE

thanks again and if anyone one knows any more info please psost

That is the same performance. If I can, I'll see if I can get it on a dvd for you. (Can't do it on my computer but maybe my daughter can :hmm: ) She might be able to get just that song or a few more on to a dvd. (It may not play on your dvd player if you use PAL but it would work in a computer) And if I can do it, no worries or need to pay. I owe a lot of my collection to others who have traded and shared with me too, so I'm happy to share :)
She will give it a try tomorrow and I'll let you know. Keeping my fingers crossed!

if u really want to go into that much trouble ok:wink:

but im sure i can get it on dvd or just the clip on dvd on good quality i bet they will release it some time

Well either way my daughter wants to try out a program she has on her computer so she wants to test it on this to see if she can do it so we're going to try anyways :wink:

The show is from Nov. 18th, 1989 Sydney Entertainment Center I believe.

just out of curiosity and this goes for everyone, what is the best version of god part 2 live? ive got the 26th december version and that is awesum but is there any others that are better

also has anyone bought the deluxe u2 set on itunes??? with all the songs?

I have the itunes set. It includes 3 versions of God Part II. Besides the R&H version it has God Part 2 Live at Point Depot, Dublin, 31 Dec '89 which is excellent, and God Part 2 (The Hard Metal Dance Mix)

Oct. 20, 1989 Sydney is also very good but 12-31-89 Dublin is probably my favorite. I think it's amazing. I'm not sure if I have heard the 26th.

I'd like to know more of anyone else's favorites as well.

Must be the version from the Lovetown Rocumentary, if you think that God Part 2 from that show sounds good, wait til you here Desire and Hawkmoon 269 from the same show, they will blow you away!

thanks for the email

that would be aswesome if you could put it up on mega upload and thank you so much for all the trouble you have put in for this
i would like it in mpeg4/avi
or whatever one works on ipod video/windows media player
thank you so much and can u please upload the others thanks

No problems, they are big files, still uploading to the download site. I can send you the one that is done now and I'll send the links to each as they finish. Watch your email :)

Last edited:
thanks so much bonocomet!!
ive got all along the watchtower, god part 2, hawkmoon 269 and all i want is you on the email thanks so much

You're welcome :) My daughter just told me that mega upload just quit on her so that's it for tonight. We'll try again on Thursday. Goin to Hollywood tomorrow to Amoeba Records to browse around :drool: and to see U23D again so we won't be able to do it tomorrow. I hope you are able to get those files ok!

Back
Top Bottom