God Bless www.u2exit.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I Move in Mysterious Ways

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I'm in dumpy little airfield in Afghanistan for the forseeable future. . . and until last night, I had no idea what Vertigo sounded like! Thanks to u2exit.com for the video and live performances.

Unfortunately, it's going to take even longer for HTDAAB to get here . . .

Yeah, the band width's not bad considering the circumstances (i.e. we sometimes don't have running water, lol). When I get back to Kandahar, I definitely won't be able to downlod anything, so I guess that'd about the only advantage of being here!

So I downloaded the videos and put them on my computer. . . then proceeded to listen to the song for hours on end. . .

By the way -- the song's moving up the charts -- number 32!

Hey, MW,let me add to this last post. Stay safe, and God bless. I have read "The World's Most Dangerous Places" by Robert Young Pelton and know what a..um..interesting...place Afghanistan can be. Pelton has a FANTASTIC website too: Comebackalive.com. The Forums area of that site, the Black Flag Cafe, is full of stories from people like you. You ought to check it out if you want some interesting reading, and you have any doen time at all. and maybe they'd love to hear your tales. There are acouple Iraqi vets posting there. There are also a lot of media stories about global conflioct that are printed on the site that don't get any media attention. GREAT stuff. And Pelton himself is a celebrated journailist and danger junkie who is quite known by the CIA (ina good way.) Truly non-partisan too.

While the disaster (political, financial, and strategic) that is Iraq gets all the media attention, you guys are sweating your butts off in the RIGHT place, where it all began, doing the noble deed. Currently overlooked and publicly unthanked in the US by comparison., I might add. Where Osama Bin (explitive deleted) got his start, and where, if this Admninistration had any brains in any place other than its behind, we'd be devoting all our attention to.

If anybody really win the "war on terror" it will be you guys. I hope you'll be thanked for it.

Sorry if you have differing opinions on Iraq, but that's mine, and I hope you don't take offense. I just feel truly sorry for all those idealistic young troops in Iraq who have been duped, enduring a thankless task while these fat cats in Washington keep their sons out of the wars( not one single lawmaker)has a son on any front) and spout on about duty and patriotism. In olden times, leaders used to send their sons to war. it was considered the honorable thing to do, even if they had cushy jobs and got nowhere near battle. The point was, they were there in some capacity, thier normal lives were disrupted, and they were not living off the sweat and blood of others who were there for them.

Again..sorry about rant..I hope you'll respect my position at least...my best friend's brother in law is near the Fallujah zone and has become disillusioned. Maybe that has rubbed off on me, but I think Iraq was a mistake from the begiining. I think Binny's goal was to lure the US into a quagmire of a ground war just like the Soviets did, and we fell for it.... Funny, I remember a story dating from 1983 about a young private on a US battleship out in the Mediterranean who sent Bono a tortured letter asking how anyone could be a dedicated soldier and be a peace-loving, devoted u2 fan at the same time. (This was the "War" period, remember.) I'd love to have read Bono's reply! Which, I suspect, might be different than what he'd write today.

Again, sorry about sermon..stay safe...and God bless.

Anyway, we ought to get togther on here and send this guy a copy of the Special Edition of the CD..

Last edited:
Lancemc said:

I for one, think this is a fantastic idea. :)

MW

Can we send you mail? Like boots? I would be willing to burn a couple of shows if you are interested. Hit me back with a PM and let me know.

THANK YOU!

Hey MW, if you still have access to a computer when the album is released, let us know and we'll email the album to you or get you a site to download it from. And yeah, if you want boots or anything, let us know.

Back
Top Bottom