Go read the best review of a U2 concert ever written

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I posted this in PLEBA and everyone who's read it has the same reaction as me- just floored. it's amazing. She really captured the soul of a U2 concert.

Rose from u2literary.com - great site but her review, it will leave you speechless. The review of Slane1. I wanted to jump up and hollar and cry and my ears were straining to hear Elevation... go read it. but make sure you're sitting down
http://www.u2literary.com/U2TourDiary/Diary12Slane.html

(here's a little ditty of it...)
And then a roar. The attempts at singing abandoned. Adam Clayton must have walked on stage, with that smile of elegant and pleased English gentleman I've seen more than once. I couldn't see him. The sea of arms was tossing around without a break between the waves. I imagined Larry Mullen slipping on stage just behind him, sliding behind his drumkit trying not to be noticed, though he couldn't help being pleased. They must have all gotten goosebumps. The view of so many maniacal tens of thousands there for YOU must be an overwhelming sight. Young faces lighting up at your appearance on a stage, loving you for doing what you love. It must be an amazing feeling.

------------------
Take me to that twilight land

Go baby! -->* www.u2takemehigher.com *<--All New!

wow! i just read her review, or essay rather. it's looooong, but worth every minute it takes you to read it. this review really took me back to my own concert memories and now i'm dying for a recording of Slane 1 thanks to Rose. thanks for posting this olive!

One part i really liked:

"You know those really amazing moments in your life you know you'll never forget because they're so amazing. You'll always remember EXACTLY how you felt because they became tatooed to your *soul*. That was one of those moments. I swear, people were a step away from throwing themselves on their knees."

go read the rest!

unfuckinbelievable. (1) the performance; (2)her review. THAT is the review I've been waiting to read of Slane 1. Thanks, olive, for letting us in on it. God's gotta have big arms to hold a man like Bono, and He surely held him that night. amen...

Deb D

------------------
***Grace makes beauty out of ugly things***

Couldn't make it to show, darn school, but the review really carried me out there. Wow, whatta a night you guys had. I'm in the process of getting a recording.

Olive-
You're absolutely right.
This person Rose is a literary talent.
She was also kind enough to post my story re Bos 4 at the bottom of this pg-(open letter).
She was at that show next to the stage.
Thanks again Rose.

D
B

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

Wow, I finally got to reading this. I can only sum it up in one word: AMAZING!

------------------
-The Shitty Beatles? Are they any good?

-They suck!

-So it's not just a clever name...

Back
Top Bottom