Gloria Vs. Wake Up Dead Man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do you like more?

• Gloria

Votes: 44 50.6%
  • Wake Up Dead Man

Votes: 43 49.4%

• Total voters

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Oh Lord, if I had anything
Anything at all
I'd give it to you

Jesus, Jesus help me
I'm alone in this world
And a fucked up world it is too

:hmm:

Gloria. Live with the solos and into the final chord progression is pure sex, baby.

The fact that my vote broke a 13-13 tie is very sad...Gloria, and not close.

Gloria:

It's energetic and bouncy, whereas WUDM is slow, moody, and dragging (all in the good ways). Also, Gloria is more musically unique, while WUDM is just arpeggio'd chords in a pretty standard sequence (Em, D, Am, G) Plus, Latin rocks!:nerd: .

I like both songs, but I listen to Gloria a lot more.

I love Gloria to death, but Wake Up Dead Man is just so mysterious and desperate. If only it was played live, full band with extended solos....:drool:

Gloria is musically better, but WUDM has some of the best lyrics Bono has ever written and there is so much buried in that song, it's excellently made.

I can't decide.

we got a race.

ill go with GLORIA...the lyrics are superior and brilliant on Wake Up but love that guitar riff by Edge. I'll go GLORIA

WalkOnTheEdge said:

We're not asking you to split the atom, pick a song already. :eyebrow:

Wow, I didn't know it was a crime to consider two songs equally good.

I'm not voting this time. I can't decide...
Gloria is one of my favourite tracks from one of my favoutite albums, and it's an anthem, a great song live.
Wake up dead man moves me because of tis lyrics, and it's a huge song too, a great way to end Pop.

This is harder than I initially would have thought.

I have to go with Gloria. But Wake Up Dead Man is really, really super duper awesome, too.

Queen Bee said:
Wake Up Dead Man. I always discover new background sounds when I listen to that song on headphones :drool:

:up:

There are Zooropa-like voices swirling around if you listen really carefully. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom