Gloria Vs. Wake Up Dead Man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do you like more?

• Gloria

Votes: 44 50.6%
  • Wake Up Dead Man

Votes: 43 49.4%

• Total voters
Bass solo, Edge soaring guitar, Bono's voice, and Larry's great all around on the October album.

Gloria.

I tend to skip Wakeup, or rather, stop the CD after "Please."

3.gif

Tough very tough.
Gloria:drool:
Wake Up dead Man :drool:

I guess I must be getting old, world weary and cynical but Wake Up Dead Man wins it for me

Wake Up Dead Man-- one of the best things they've done.

(Tho'i really really like Gloria)

oh its difficult.

Aygo said:
I'm not voting this time. I can't decide...

I think it's hilarious that more than one person actually took the time to respond but were SO torn that they actually couldn't pick one or the other. Are you kidding? It'll be ok, you won't hurt the feelings of the song you don't choose.

voted WUDM, but it's not like you're comparing apples to apples here.

Tough one :huh:
I'd have to go with WUDM though. I agree with 2233, more relevant lyrics. Both have great melodies.

In case you didn't know, Bono mentioned in the Rolling Stone Interview that Gloria was a "Byzantine attempt to sing your way into the kingdom of heaven." :| ... whatever that means

I voted Gloria. Such exuberance, so uninhibited and energetic. It changes my mood, listening to it.

WAKE UP DEAD MAN all the way. It is the furthest Bono has ever ventured away from the graces of Popes and politicians.:wink:

Wow... this is close. WUDM EDGES out Gloria 4 me, but that's probably based on what mood I've been in....

I think Wake Up Dead Man (ghastly title really) is one of the best songs on Pop
Gloria = Gloria though and definitely my favourite out of the 2

Back
Top Bottom