Give us our band back!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U1

The Fly
France, precisely Dijon for mustard lovers
Hey, America! All listen to me,
Now is the time to give us our band back!
I know you love them as much as we do,
But they belong to us, they were born here,
Here, on the ground of our old continent,
On an island, on the furthest island away,
As if they were trying to reach out for you.
And like old parents trying to hold back their kids
We finally let go of them because we had to,
Because, you know, it's better out there,
It's more spectacular, it's more, always more,
With all your blinding lights, your 'bigness',
You stole them from us, attracting like fire.
Sometimes they come back, you know, for Xmas,
For holidays, lying in the sun of the Riviera,
But like a boomerang, they fly away again,
Right back in your hand, as steady as firm,
Seems like they forget about us, one memory at a time,
All replaced by your new memories together,
Your love affair, romantic nights and concerts,
We feel like we're history and you're future,
Why do you have to keep them now?
We won't be living any much longer,
We need them, you had your share of it,
Time has come to give us our band back!

And to the rest of the world I say, soon you too will have them.

Sorry, I don't know what happened there. :blahblah:

I'm just kiddin, of course, but can't wait for 9 of July in France! :wink:

PS: I don't really know if my post thematically belongs in this forum, sorry, if it doesn't.

I said I didn't know if I was in the right place here, apparently I'm not.
Also, it was a big joke (not obvious enough!) between America and EUROPE. Europe, you know, all those small countries all around France!
The joke was that Europe let the band go to America like parents let their kids go to college.
Anyway, never mind...
:eyebrow:

*voice in outrageous accent* No, you may not have your band back you French swine, I fart in your general direction!

Now go away, or I'll taunt you again!

PS- in case it isn't obvious, this is a lame attempt to re-create a Monty Python bit, not to be taken seriously.

yeah, you got the "lame" part right

Anyway, I just thought I too would register my disgust at the length of time being spent in the US by U2...and I need to laugh at U1 because we Brits/Irish see them first. :)

CARDIFF 29TH JUNE. WHO'S WITH ME?!

Give you your band back!?!? You're in France. I'm confused. If you're talking as a European, Ireland isn't even a part of the EU if I'm not mistaken. :) I know you're kidding though...Have fun at the show!

Teski said:
Give you your band back!?!? You're in France. I'm confused. If you're talking as a European, Ireland isn't even a part of the EU if I'm not mistaken. :)

well, they are part of the EU... and BTW you don't have to be in EU to be European
;)

bathiu said:

well, they are part of the EU... and BTW you don't have to be in EU to be European
;)

Sorry, my bad on the EU stuff. I know you don't have to be part of the EU to be European, but I was curious if Ireland considers themselves as Eurpoean. I know many in England don't.

OnFire said:
*voice in outrageous accent* No, you may not have your band back you French swine, I fart in your general direction!

Now go away, or I'll taunt you again!

PS- in case it isn't obvious, this is a lame attempt to re-create a Monty Python bit, not to be taken seriously.

HAHAHAHA! Go Holy Grail! Where are the flying cows? *coconut noise*

While we're on the subject of who belongs to whom and all that, general question: I've been wondering when our boys have a week off between gigs like they have this past week, do they fly home for the week? Hang out in the US somewhere? Just curious.:scratch:

Ireland is not known only for Paddy boy and U2.
Homer Simpson said:"MMMMMM, BEEEEER!!"
I'M TALKING ABOUT GUINESS!!!

Woah, this thread looks like what happens when I mix alcohol with more alcohol and then try and write songs :eyebrow:

BEVERLY56 said:
While we're on the subject of who belongs to whom and all that, general question: I've been wondering when our boys have a week off between gigs like they have this past week, do they fly home for the week? Hang out in the US somewhere? Just curious.:scratch:

They come visit me and we knit sweaters together.

BEVERLY56 said:

You know whats a great Simpsons episode the one with U2, and how homer sneaks in, I must watch it again.

Back
Top Bottom