Give me a Break!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pmickey

The Fly
With Bush re-elected, idealistic people concerned about social injustice can't weep empty homilies. Now more than ever what we need is War. Now, more than ever, what we need is an artist willing to say this:

They ain’t gon’ stop us - they can't
We're stronger now, more then ever
They tell us "No", we say "Yeah"
They tell us "Stop", we say "Go"
Rebel with a rebel yell
Raise hell - we gon’ let em know
Stomp, push, shove, mush..
Fuck Bush
Until they bring our troops home

Of course, the artist who sang that also sang this:

Don't put out, i'll put you out, won't get out, i'll push you out
Puss blew out, poppin' shit, wouldn't piss on fire to put you out

- - - - - - - - -

Come on! Listen here bitter defeated Liberal, how you can put the lyric of Eminem above anything that Bono has ever written is so far out of bounds it makes me want to scream. Marshall Mathers does nothing more than rap about wanton sex, murdering his own wife and living a life of belitting women, violence and social upheaval.

One reason I like U2 is because they resemble MY Values. I listen to their music and I feel uplifted, never downtrodden and angry. We do not need War in a time like this...we already have it. And I'm terribly sorry you hate the political climate we are in, but it's about time that a moral minority in America stood up and made a stand. The only thing that is bad about a Bush victory is now I have to listen to actors, musicians and fat-ass film makers whine about it for four more years!

So, as far as U2 and politics go, let's you and I agree to disagree.

The only other message I have to leave you with is two-fold.

1) Loved the album (I wrote a "newbie" review a few pages back) and, in fact, the more I listen to it the more I like it!

2)"Take these hands, teach them what to carry. Take these hands, don't make a fist. Take this mouth, so quick to criticize. Take this mouth, give it a kiss.":(With Bush re-elected, idealistic people concerned about social injustice can't weep empty homilies. Now more than ever what we need is War. Now, more than ever, what we need is an artist willing to say this:

the great thing about America is that these actors and artists you're talking about have the right to their opinion and the right to free speech.

And I'm terribly sorry you hate the political climate we are in, but it's about time that a moral minority in America stood up and made a stand. The only thing that is bad about a Bush victory is now I have to listen to actors, musicians and fat-ass film makers whine about it for four more years!

[/I] [/B][/QUOTE]

Tsc tsc...

i'm not an Eminem fan by any means, but i don't see what's so bad about those lyrics.

if i had a thread started about me everytime i said "fuck Bush", you'd have to make a whole new forum here at interference.:wink:

LOL!!!!

The sad thing is Im about 70 percent sure he sang that because the anti Bush way was the big trend for artists,actors etc

Im still a bit annoyed over the last election but oh well. But as Eminem even though he's a great writer in his own way he really needs to fuck off....(Pardon the language folks)

Eminems lyrics

I am the biggest hater of emminem you might ever meet EI Look at some of my previouse posts about that guy!

BUT i am also a big BUSH hater and i am very disapointed he was elected again but this is not a political forum so i will leave it at athat.

That siad,

The new album rocks my ears off its that good!

"freedom has a scent.... like the top of a newborn baby's head"

Thats my favorite lyrics for now

The one thing missing from HTDAAB is some political commentary, especially considering the current state of the world and Bush's single-minded, simple minded plan to throw insults or bullets at anyone who doesn't agree with him. I think that ignoring these issues on HTDAAB is safe for the band, but is also the difference between a great album and a great U2 album.

Does Eminem even know why he is telling Bush to *uck off? I'm sure its a way just to sell another million records. I sware all he can ever "sing" about is himself and how he is back or talk bad about others. And because of this everyone (mainstream, critics) thinks he is the greatest rapper of all time. If Eminem gets killled within the next few months the media would force everyone to buy all his records and get a tatoo to remember his greatness. I'm mean songs like "The Way I Am", "I'm Back", "The Real Slim Shady", "Bitch Please II" (not part one), and "Without Me" will touch me 10 years from now.

There is quite a bit of political commentary on the new album. It's just more subtle than Toby Keith or Eminem though....:yes:

pmickey => i couldn't agree with you more...
i've bought my box set of htdaab today and for the first time i listened to yahweh... it's so beautiful song... and you're so quick that you already put it into real life :)

Rafiennes said:
I thought this was a Gimme A Break Appreciation Thread. I loved that Nell Carter show.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i'd be happy to start one for The Facts of Life ... or *anything* with Kim Fields.

"Whoever claims to be in the light, and hates his brother, is still in darkness."...Someone said this a while back...

There is an awful lot of hate speech on both sides of the political fence right now. If we are going to build a better tomorrow, it won't be with anger, rage, and hatred. It will always lead to more violence.

Eminem is riding the current trend. Bono isn't so direct with his lyrics (most of the time). He points into your own heart, and makes you assess everything. That's why U2 is timeless.

Back
Top Bottom