Girl artist you'd like Bono to duet with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's shades said:
Of the singers listed the only options that don't make me want to vomit are Norah Jones and Alicia Keyes. They both have great voices. I guess I'd give the preference to Norah.

I seriously hope Missy Elliot doesn't make you vomit. Lately, she's had more luck coming up with good tunes than U2 has.

mug222 said:

I seriously hope Missy Elliot doesn't make you vomit. Lately, she's had more luck coming up with good tunes than U2 has.

I was actually thinking more about Brittney and Christina when I said that. I kind of forgot Missy Elliot's name was on there when I posted. I'm really not familiar enough with her music to have an opinion. I recognize the name and that's about it. I didn't mean to insult her. :reject:

Fiona Apple all the way. I wish it were singing with Bono on 'I'm Not Your Baby'. No disrespect to Sinead, just seems like a Fiona Apple kind of song, with the strange arrangement and don't piss me off attitude (though, Sinead has her fair share of attitude).

For someone older I'd choose Hope Sandoval from Mazzy Star. 'Love Is Blindness' would be a good tune for them. Can't wait for the new Mazzy Star album next year.

Last edited:
What's wrong with Vanessa Carleton?

She has one thing all these young stars lack- she knows to make music, and sing. I think she's very talented and has a beautiful voice and would make a great duet with Bono.

I also put Alicia Keys in the same ball park- she can sing, and write her own music. Another possible duet.

Nelly Furtado would be interesting in a Bono duet to say the least- she's unique, can sing, and writes a lot of her own stuff.

Honourable mention goes to Mandy Moore. Although I do put her in a similar category with a lot of the others (b/c to my knowledge she doesn't write her own stuff, though she CAN sing), I think she has a lot more class and dignity than trash like Brittney and xtina.

It is weird, though, to think of Bono, mega super star in his 40's singing with a young female star who will possibly fade in the next few years. It seems wrong somehow! :wink:

HelloAngel said:
Avril Lavigne is a fucking joke. Punk my ass! Try "Ooh looks like the young girls are sick of Britney and her crap, let's see what a necktie-wearing 'rock chick' could maybe do. Ooh.. I know just the songwriters and producers and wardrobe makers to get for her!" :yuck: :mad: Avril doesn't deserve to be on the stage with anyone of Bono's experience, accomplishment or stature.

I'd love to see Bono duet with PJ Harvey, Norah or any female with a beautiful singing voice. Maybe Tori Amos.

Couldn't agree more. I loathe Avril Lavigne. Punk wannabe and fake anger....hypocrite. :madspit: Lame lyrics too. :rolleyes:

Yes to Norah Jones and Tori Amos. :yes: I don't mind Vanessa either.

Last edited:
Interesting question. Bono is such a presence, that it would have to be with someone in a totally different genre than Bono. Otherwise, Bono would overpower the duet. A Jazz singer perhaps. Or Opra. Or Oprah. His with Frank Sinatra was awesome.

AllIWantIs said:
Michelle Branch is a very talented young lady that would sound great with Bono in a duet.
I like the song she does with Carlos Santana too. :yes:

i was going to say her, shes really cool. i love her new one with santana. :)

also Dido would be a good duet choice for him :) not sure if shes under 25 tho ;) maybe just.

i would say pink is a good choice, tho her voice may not match bonos so well.

and of course it would be cool if he would do more duets with Andrea Corr ;)

oh what about the girl who did that song with ricky martin... um cant rem her name or what song it was :p but the video had them frozen in ice or somit and twas all blue.

I'd love to see more of the Corrs with U2. Already seen Bono with Andrea, that was sensational!!!!
Andrea is only 27 or 28, looks a lot less.

Jewel is the only other artist with "Bono-like Soul" great lyrics and abilty, apart from maybe Alicia Keys and Shakira.

I saw Shakira perfom at some music awards thing recently and she was'nt mimimg, she was dancing better than anyone has ever done, has a great ass, and even crowd surfed. And yes her voice sounded great with out sounding like Carey or some young wannabe thing thing. Her band had great guitar work too!! None of the other Pop things can do that.

Ella Hooper from Killing Hiedi would be great too, she's about 19, does'nt hit those high notes like she used too and sounds respectable and experienced and.

stagman said:

I saw Shakira perfom at some music awards thing recently and she was'nt mimimg, she was dancing better than anyone has ever done, has a great ass, and even crowd surfed. And yes her voice sounded great with out sounding like Carey or some young wannabe thing thing. Her band had great guitar work too!! None of the other Pop things can do that.

I have to agree with you on Shakira. I was a big fan of her earlier stuff. I'm not crazy about the way they have marketed her... she wasn't about being a sex symbol when she started out. People tend to put her in the same category as Britney or Christina, but they forget that she writes her own stuff, and even plays. The simple yet deep lyrics from her first two records in Spanish blow me away. :yes: So I would definitely like to see her singing with Bono. I've heard she's a big fan! (Well, who isn't :sexywink: )

I've been listening to a lot of Chantal Kreviazuk lately, so I'd say her, definely (although I don't know quite how old she is)

Honourable mentions:
--in no particular order

Gwen
Shirley
Fiona
Norah
Lauren
Lauren
Jewel
Natalie
--Janine

I'm on a first name basis w/ everyone :sexywink:

flaming june said:
The simple yet deep lyrics from her first two records in Spanish blow me away. :yes: So I would definitely like to see her singing with Bono. I've heard she's a big fan! (Well, who isn't :sexywink: )

She's reportedly a fan of Bono, eh?

I always knew Shakira was cool. :D.

I don't mind her music (at least the stuff I've heard by her so far, I haven't heard her stuff in Spanish yet).

Shakira and Bono together would certainly be an interesting thing to see.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom