gimme your money, dammit (if you treasure U2 bootlegs, you must read this now!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sod this...I can't be bothered to face any flak tonight!!! DB1214

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 09-17-2001).]

Originally posted by BabyGrace:
and all you people bashing specific people in this thread, obviously you should take some time to open your eyes and look around you and maybe pay attention to what people say instead of immediately jumping to conclusions

oh and keep in mind, altho it's not even worth reiterating it, this is a message board. not real life.
this all looks very pathetic in light of other things that have happened recently

I agree, bashing people is wrong. I apologize for my crudeness.

But I must ask - if people are this heartless and cold in a boardroom, what are they like in real life?

Originally posted by MSU2mike:
For a thread not involving u2girl (or is it u2Girl? U2girl? U2Girl?), this is sure rowdy. I contend this is the rowdiest non-U2girl thread since the revolution and it's implicit bullshit.
Carry on.

ROTF!!!!!!! Can you believe it??!

biggrinflip.gif

------------------
Click Here To Save Interference

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by doctorwho:
But I must ask - if people are this heartless and cold in a boardroom, what are they like in real life?

Well, if you are referring to Frog or Zoomanda in any way, met them in Dublin, both really nice people, in REAL LIFE too!
eek.gif

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Well, if you are referring to Frog or Zoomanda in any way, met them in Dublin, both really nice people, in REAL LIFE too!
eek.gif

Well then why is he such an ass on the board?

Wow...talk about being slapped in the face by reality...

I thought we were all friends here...a bunch of U2 fans having fun together. I guess I was being naive.

Come on, guys...can't we just get along? We all have different opinions on things, but we should just leave it at that. We can speak our minds in a civil manner without getting nasty.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Y'all please. Stop it.

Everybody has their moments, that's true. You could pick out individual posts and call people asses - I've seen most everyone post in a "jerky" fashion from time to time, myself included (remember Polar? grrrrrg). If you want to contribute, do it - if you don't, then don't. No big deal.

I too met frogbat and zooropamanda along with some other folks in Dublin, and they were both great fun and really nice folks. I don't have anything against anyone in here - this is just a message board. If you want to kick in a few bucks to help it go on then great. If not, no big deal.

I've spent the better part of the last week watching the world fall down. We don't need this crap in here, especially right now.

I don't know Joel or anything about him - frankly, it doesn't matter to me. I just enjoy having this forum (most of the time) to bounce ideas off of people from other parts of the world - to post silly pictures in PLEBA, to have a way to "meet up" with people I would otherwise never meet - to plan to have ales with like-minded people in Atlanta or Philly or Chicago or Dublin - folks I never would've met otherwise. That's what this place does for me. I couldn't give two shits whether someone posts as "the band" or "carson daly" or whoever - I don't believe it anyway. Even though I have waaaay too many posts in here, this just isn't a big part of my life.

But to come in here and fight over stuff that is just plain silly makes me sad.

Excuse my rambling please.

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

cos when I don't get along with people or I see my friends insulted I tend not to put on a fake smile and be nice -
I ask you what exactly made you think I could get along with the likes of you? Especially after your antics in DOL.

Perhaps I was biased against you from the beginning... those smilies really are irritating - and have gotten staler as time's gone by.

Deathbear's Fly Girl wrote:

I'm sorry to see that you edited your post ACROB@T. It was very truthful and right on. It's funny to see that I have more balls than some of the men here

Yeah, I know, I'm a chicken, but i thought better of adding fuel to the fire.....I honestly didn't intend it to be unkind, but after reading through it did not come out the way I wanted it to...and yes, you do have big balls
smile.gif

Originally posted by frogbat:
I ask you what exactly made you think I could get along with the likes of you? Especially after your antics in DOL.

I dont really care if you get along with me or not I just asked why you are such an ass. And I fucking apologized for that shit in DOL but obviously its not good enough for you.

Perhaps I was biased against you from the beginning... those smilies really are irritating - and have gotten staler as time's gone by.

I could give a rats ass what you think. You seem to be the only person that has said that. Now you're just grasping at reasons to tell me off, cuz you dont have any good ones.

erm.. grasping for reasons? lol you really think that the smilies would be a reason?
I don't like you - like you think I'm an ass.. that simple.. what don't you get?.. do I need a specific incident for me not to like you? no i don't. You aren't a person I would want to be friends with.. is that hard for you to understand?

thnx to lazy and crzy for vouchin on me bein a "nice person" but really guys there's no need. I don't need to have any1's approval as long as my conscience is clear.

I don't mean to be a peace maker.....but....

Remember where you are folks.......no one truly "knows" anyone else here, and to get worked up about what someone says on this board....well....it's really not worth the effort frankly.

I think this thread should be closed...mods?

Hmmm I didnt say I didnt "get" anything. So now that we've established we dont like each other, there shouldnt be anything else to say.

Nice havin you around, I cant say that I'll miss you.

funny you should mention mods... the mole could close this easily i'm sure

anyway.. thnx popkid yer right.. though it is easy to form opinions of others through their posts

I don't have time to reply to all of this right now, unfortunately I don't have anything U2-related to sell off to make my living... plus I don't even really care, considering where some of this criticism against me is coming from, it's pretty amusing to be quite honest
smile.gif

anyway, the ironic thing is that I'm not joking about this bootleg, I'm not sure which date it is from Blue Room, the guy told me it's soundboard and from the week prior to the opening shows in Florida and is 3CDs, and yes, he wanted me to pay him a lot of money for it and I really can't in good conscience pay someone $50 or $60 for something, when I should donate any spare money I can afford to an organization like the Red Cross

[This message has been edited by The Wanderer (edited 09-17-2001).]

I'm sorry to see that you edited your post ACROB@T. It was very truthful and right on.

It's funny to see that I have more balls than some of the men here.

eek.gif

biggrin.gif

I'd give you a dollar if I had one, Wanderer
biggrin.gif

some people will do anything..

and all you people bashing specific people in this thread, obviously you should take some time to open your eyes and look around you and maybe pay attention to what people say instead of immediately jumping to conclusions

oh and keep in mind, altho it's not even worth reiterating it, this is a message board. not real life.
this all looks very pathetic in light of other things that have happened recently

*sighs*

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom