Gas mask stupidity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoctorGonzo

War Child
I was going to avoid the terrorism topic for a while, but widespread stupidity has dragged me back into the fray.

People in the U.S are showing their mass ignorance and total lack of comprehension of the dangers posed by biolgical attacks by purchasing gas masks to ward off the effects of one.

Gas masks are only useful if:

A - You know when an attack is taking place

B - You have the right mask for the job

C - You know how to use it properly

If a terrorist decideds to use a biological agent, you will not know until people start to get sick, long after the attack and resulting infection. Long after you have inhaled whatever it is they decided to use.

Most people are grabbing whatever gas mask they can find. "Ooops...this one is for sarin gas!" Does anybody care? Nope! It's a gas mask, so it must protect against everything, right?
rolleyes.gif

Most people will simply throw the mask over their face, and not even try to get their hair out of the way, or know to look for small gaps between their skin and the mask. "That quarter-inch gap you didn't happen to notice just let in Anthrax! What are you gonna do now?"
rolleyes.gif

Not to mention that gas masks do no prevent Athrax spores or whatever from lodging on your clothing and the fact that in biological cases, you really need a full-body suit.

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
Not to mention that gas masks do no prevent Athrax spores or whatever from lodging on your clothing and the fact that in biological cases, you really need a full-body suit.

CK is getting itching sitting here in his full-body suit.

CK

------------------
I will give you 2 GA's for 2 GC's!! Email or IM me or respond to the multiple threads I have concerning this. Help a desparate man out!!
Email:U2_Kennedy@yahoo.com
AIM: ckennedy77

Hey Gonzo,

Seems like your just as paranoid as the people you're talking about. Try not to think about all this too much and not get all riled up about it.

Joe

I guess a HazMat suit is our only option. Or maybe just moving to the Yukon territory.

Well, as soon as the hamilton show is over, Ill just find a big ol' hole in the ground, fill it wiht supplies, and bury myself alive. Hide out for 5 years. Resurface as a stark white, buggy eyed freak. LOL

I've been perusing the classifieds for a good, functionable, reliable used Tank. Unfortunatley, I haven't had much luck. I'm looking for something like this:

tanks1.jpg

I'm willing to spend upwards of $12 million. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Much thanks.

CK

------------------
I will give you 2 GA's for 2 GC's!! Email or IM me or respond to the multiple threads I have concerning this. Help a desparate man out!!
Email:U2_Kennedy@yahoo.com
AIM: ckennedy77

Back
Top Bottom