GA line watch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2utah

The Fly
Lines are starting much earlier this leg.
eek.gif
I thought maybe the Canadians were just crazy
wink.gif
but Chicago is shaping up the same, so I guess we're all crazy.

On the last leg the lines started earlier and earlier as the tour progressed. If that trend is going to continue I better quit my job now and go live on the street in front of the Delta Center for the show on 11/9
wink.gif

So anyway, I thought I'd start a thread to keep track of the line start times. After you've been to a show let us know when you got there and where you were in line so those of us who follow have an idea of how things are shaping up.

Cheers everyone and good luck on your quest to be in the heart
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by u2utah:
So anyway, I thought I'd start a thread to keep track of the line start times. After you've been to a show let us know when you got there and where you were in line so those of us who follow have an idea of how things are shaping up.

That will just make the lines start even earlier. People will panic. Bad idea.
mad.gif

I don't think it can get much earlier unless folks start setting up tent cities in front of the venues
wink.gif

People are already asking the question before every show so putting the info here won't make any difference. I just thought having a central thread might be easier.

On the other hand...

(u2utah thinks about how many times the Heart procedures were posted on this forum and how folks still would ask about it rather than reading the previous threads) <sigh>

Never mind, I'm sure someone will ask after each show anyway
rolleyes.gif
But use this thread if you like
biggrin.gif

Nothing against you u2utah. Just figure if we start talking about lining up at 6am, people will line up at 4am and so on, and so on... What most don't know won't hurt us!
biggrin.gif

I see your point Angel but, like I said, the info will be on this and other forums anyway. I'll probably go at 8:00 or 9:00 and I'm happy that I have advance warning that the line could already be long. It won't be such a shock when I get there. I was 26th in line at 9:00am in San Jose. It doesn't look like that will be the case this time, even in Salt Lake in November
frown.gif

Originally posted by Angel:
Nothing against you u2utah. Just figure if we start talking about lining up at 6am, people will line up at 4am and so on, and so on... What most don't know won't hurt us!
biggrin.gif

So let's be like the three little pigs and the wolf in the long version of the story, and say we'll be there at 8 but show up at 6 because saying 8 will make the rest show up at 7!
biggrin.gif
Really, this is a good idea but personally I don't think I want to know. For example, if I know I can't get to my show until the morning of and I live 200 miles away (which is my case!) I wouldn't want to read on here that 40 people were already sleeping there. It would make me get nervous and speed and freak out. Go ahead and post, but I'd best not know. If I can't do anything about it I don't want to know because I'm the kind of person who worries and gets upset. That's just my view of course.

LOL. So this has turned into the "to post times or not to post times?" thread. I didn't expect the topic to be so controversial
biggrin.gif

Never mind then. Besides, even if people did post here there would be lots of other clueless folks starting threads asking "What time did people line up for the __________ show?" Oh well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

No you got it right U2Utah. Go ahead and post for those who want to know and if we don't wanna know we just won't click on this thread! It's like if you're nosy you open the corner of your present or would you rather wait and be surprised? Everyone feels different about it. Interesting topic!
smile.gif

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

Well, at Hamilton I arrived at 4:30 am, and I was 75th. By 6, there were around 125 (or more) people lined up. I'd recommend getting there well before noon (by at least 10)

------------------
"...and a thousand slimy things did crawl upon the slimy sea..."

Just to let you know that for the Montreal show i got there at 1:30 am and i was #91
by 6:30 amt there was around 230 peoples in line.

Good luck

For the Montreal show I arrived the night before at 9pm (slept on cement but got a great spot right in front of Bono, first row !!
biggrin.gif
)...Someone had saved me a spot since 2h30 in the afternoon. When I arrived there was maybe 40 ppl...At midnight there was about 100 people...

For Hamilton I arrived at 4am and I was about number 80...But the line was very messy at 6pm so I was about number 110..But I got a great spot at the the tip, first row and I got to touch Bono's rock hard calf !
biggrin.gif

okay sorry..
My advice : Get your ass to the venue early !
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Naya (edited 10-16-2001).]

This is getting ridiculous.
Here I am in a sleeping bag, laying on concrete, my laptop connected to my cell phone outside Staples Center waiting for November 12th.
And don?t try any cheap shots to push past me.

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

http://eliv8.fws1.com/

LOL, hilarious Elv8
I wasnt crazy enough to camp out in front of the Molson center.. no offence to those who did! I was in line at about 8 am.. i ended up being around person 300 when the wristbands got put on. Thank God i still got into the heart though!
My dreams came true too...
wink.gif

Originally posted by Eliv8:
This is getting ridiculous.
Here I am in a sleeping bag, laying on concrete, my laptop connected to my cell phone outside Staples Center waiting for November 12th.
And don?t try any cheap shots to push past me.

Hahahaha! Is it cold out there??
biggrin.gif

Eliv8, Im waving to you from the Ent Cent in Sydney where Im camped out with some friends.

We're in U2 t shirts, having a sing along, waiting for the band to arrive.

Why do people keep looking at me funny?

Originally posted by MacPhysto:
Just to let you know that for the Montreal show i got there at 1:30 am and i was #91
by 6:30 amt there was around 230 peoples in line.

Good luck

Madness!
eek.gif

At Slane 2 I was 5th at 7pm the night before - is it really that crazy in the US?

? and here?s the worst part. I have to leave this line on November 10th to get in line for the Las Vegas show, which I will miss because I have to come back to LA on the 15th to get in line for the show on the 19th!

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

http://eliv8.fws1.com/

LOL Eliv8
biggrin.gif
I can just see it now--all across the country tent cities start popping up filled with U2 fans determined to get into the heart
biggrin.gif
And we thought the GA tickets were the cheap tickets. They may cost less $ but we pay for them! It's what Habitat for Humanity calls "sweat equity"
wink.gif

I still plan to go at 8:00a.m. in SLC. I figure since I'm taking the day off work, I'll just get up at my normal time and go down to the Delta Center instead of the University. The line is half the fun anyway.

Why am I getting this sad sinking feeling that some of you are going to turn in to a U2 version of Dead Heads-- smoking pot, wearing Berkinstocks and not showering for two weeks. Don't do it people! Resist the urge!

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

This whole extra early lining up thing is very depressing. I'm worried about Vegas now, because the whole point was we were supposed to be out having FUN the night before! Maybe we'll have to save our fun for after the show on Sunday???

The GA line situtation was indeed crazy in Chicago. I got in line for night two immediately after getting out of the concert for night one. That was at 11pm. I was 48th in line. To give you an idea, I showed up to Chicago 4 at noon and was 185th in line. Had I shown up at that time for the show on the 16th, I would have been so far back, they probably wouldn't have even given me a number. The first people in line had gotten there at around 6pm, before the previous night's GA line had even gone in. And as for creating tent cities, this wasn't too far off. The next step I suppose will be constructing shantytowns at the venues in the weeks before the shows. Here's hoping things won't be quite so insane at other shows, although I have a sneaking suspicion they will be.

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"We're thinking of playing a show in Chicago every Monday night. What do you think? We could get a place here. Edge could open up a corner grocery. Ok, a hardware store. Larry could open a securities business. Adam could be Larry's body guard."
-Bono, Chicago: 10-16-01

The Chicago line up was insane. I couldnt believe it when I got there on Monday at 8am. I was 174 in line a that point. As we were going into the show at 6pm for the 1st show there were people setting up their tents getting ready for the 2nd show!

I showed up at 5am the next day and I was 90th in line! It is insane that people are getting there this early.

For those of you in denial about future shows. Lets just say I would expect more of the same. The word is out about GA this time. Everybody wanted them (that is why Prop ran out for so many shows) and people are uping the anty to make sure they get into the heart. My suggestion is, get there early, as early as you possibly can. You may not get the front rail but you will probebly make it into the heart. The only thing to hope for is that some of these venues start cracking down and not allowing people to camp out. Supposedly the United Center has a no camping out rule (considering the neighborhood I know why) but they certainly didnt enforce it the last two days.

Originally posted by Blue Room:
The Chicago line up was insane. As we were going into the show at 6pm for the 1st show there were people setting up their tents getting ready for the 2nd show!

This is too funny! I was only kidding about the tent cities folks, control yourselves!
eek.gif

I little off topic, but what the heck: Who else was entertained to no end by the fake Bono that was in the GA line on Tuesday? His voice even sounded a bit like Bono and he kept doing all these Bono-esque poses. So funny! I love crazy U2 fans (myself included
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"We're thinking of playing a show in Chicago every Monday night. What do you think? We could get a place here. Edge could open up a corner grocery. Ok, a hardware store. Larry could open a securities business. Adam could be Larry's body guard."
-Bono, Chicago: 10-16-01

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
This is insane.

eek.gif

Ditto! I dont think we need to add to the insanity by posting how many days in advance people were there- it will just make everyone panic.

------------------
Love is a temple
Love the higher law

Go baby! -->* www.u2takemehigher.com *<--Updated w/ new song!

Back
Top Bottom