G.W.Bush delivered an exceptional,unifying,moving speech tonight ,with a very

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamondbruno9

Mr. MacPhisto's Tub Scrubber
IMPORTANT,KEY,almost hidden message. I was wondering if any of you folks caught it here.

With the unparralled support of The Congress,people from both sides of the aisle leaping over barriers to congratulate and embrace him immedeatley after his speech was over,there was one poignant part that was most compelling.

Sure he addressed that AN INTERNATIONAL HATE CRIME had been committed on American soil to ALL INNOCENT CITIZENS of OUR PLANET and that practically the entire world was now united to stand for it no longer..

The most important line in that speech was posed -'What can we do?'His heartfelt answer was-"HUG YOUR CHIDREN"......(not to bad for a 'branded'-warmonger by some "fearmongers" here.)

Late,
Diamond
Bruno
Nine
(9)

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

[This message has been edited by diamondbruno9 (edited 09-21-2001).]

I agree with you. Everybody give W a break. This is a historic time, and that was a historic speech. Good job.

------------------
"Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage."

May I be the first to say he looked like a trained chimp!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Gonzo, Gonzo Gonzo...I can only giggle...#9
(no partinship from Mr Gonzo here,folks..)

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
ahahahah! Yep!

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Is he a 'trained chimp'? I mean, I obviously don't see much of day to day US politics, so I don't really know how he comes across on tv usually, but he looks scared, like he's just reading someone elses script or teleprompter. Not like Clinton at all who always looked king-shit-confident.

The only times Bush has looked really good and confident have been when he's 'winging' it, not from script. Like the "I'm a loving guy" bit from last week. Cheney and Powell look way better then him in general. He just doesn't look strong and confident.

This isn't a criticism, just a personal observation, and wondering if he's thought of like that?

Tyler,He was in pretty good "form" tonight.

He had at least 30 standing ovations,thunderous applauses and what-not.

However before you make a call view the tele-cast and give your us your input..

D
B

------------------

---------

I'm not a big fan of him in general but his speach was excellent tonight. His presentation of it could have been better but the content was perfect. A very unifying, moving, and informative speach. I have lots of respect for Tony Blair too, just for even being there. You can't ask for more support than what he and all of the U.K. have given the U.S. He also spoke very well earlier tonight.

Originally posted by curehp:
I'm not a big fan of him in general but his speach was excellent tonight. His presentation of it could have been better but the content was perfect. A very unifying, moving, and informative speach. I have lots of respect for Tony Blair too, just for even being there. You can't ask for more support than what he and all of the U.K. have given the U.S. He also spoke very well earlier tonight.

You are so right,Curehp. Blair is so frickin righteous,being there,standing there steadfastly,in support against universal crimes of hate...

D
B

------------------

---------

i agree with dreamboat annie that we probably should cut the guy some slack. sure, he is not a great orator but does that make a great, strong president? i think not. it's not the delivery of the words but the words themselves. honestly, i have a hard time listening to gw. his speech pattern is bizarre. but i think we should be thankful that he is the current president during this difficult time. not because he is the greatest leader of all time but because he has assembled a team that is intelligent and experienced. by team i mean colin powell, dick cheney, secretaty rumsfeld(sp?), condy rice, etc. a sign of a great leader is one who surrounds himself with excellent people. and i believe this president has done this.

- dancing bearfoot

----------------------

sam cooke didn't know what i know

Originally posted by diamondbruno9:
He had at least 30 standing ovations,thunderous applauses and what-not.

Every president gets multiple standing ovations during these addresses...it's a tradition.

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

Of course they do Pop... However usually they are 'obligatory and mundane'and if you watched this simply was not the case.

Currently the usual opponents are prattling on spewing endless accolades of his speech tonight,on the Chris Matthews,Brian Williams-news type shows ect...DB9

------------------

---------

yes beautiful speech, but all the people and countries to no help to te usa in the next butchery, for this reason would be the devil,
for me it?s very dangerous and stupid

I thought the speech was exceptional, and could care less if he looked a little "scared" or what have you... I mean I'm so glad there's someone handling our country in a time of terror, and don't blame him for being a bit uneasy--there's a lot resting on his shoulders. Gotta give the man the credit due to him, indeed!

no prob #9--

The only thing I was left asking myself though was "what proof has been found?" Bush stated that there has been proof found of Bin Laden and his scattered terrorist group's involvement--just curious when this will be revealed to the public. I realize there's a past record, but I got the feeling that there has been further proof. (or is there and I don't know about it?)

I only paraphrased what he said... can't remember exact...

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
no prob #9--

The only thing I was left asking myself though was "what proof has been found?" Bush stated that there has been proof found of Bin Laden and his scattered terrorist group's involvement--just curious when this will be revealed to the public. I realize there's a past record, but I got the feeling that there has been further proof. (or is there and I don't know about it?)

I only paraphrased what he said... can't remember exact...

Dunno Bebe. Don't envy the man's position either. We'll have to wait this out,maybe it will 'happen' after any Texas shows,oakie doke?Db9

------------------

---------

the usa want to be the center of the world,
and the others (cuban or chinesse)are the devil, i love cuba and i support the cuban revolution, and i have fear that the usa could be kill the revolution

Originally posted by kk5:
the usa want to be the center of the world,
and the others (cuban or chinesse)are the devil, i love cuba and i support the cuban revolution, and i have fear that the usa could be kill the revolution

Oakie Doke then kk5. Curious was it as 'good' as a Castro Speech?-Db9

------------------

---------

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
The USA is not on a mission to kill--rather defend--so rest easy.

db9, yes, wait it out. Are you going to the Texas show too? (just wondering, from your comment)

Probably not. Prov,LA, SLC, Vegas are 'diamondearmarked' presently. But you know there is a "spontanious" side of me...

D
B

------------------

---------

i am a mexican boy, i?m not speak english but i want to tell you, that the true terrorist are the usa remember nagasaki, hirochima, santiago de chile and the dead of Salvador Allende, Panama, vietnam, Bagdad, Bahia de Cochinos, San salvador, the steal of the mexican land.

ehhh kk5,
that's plain stupid

you know that, don't you ?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

K-K,I think Vincent Fox and G W Bush are friends and also like to play cards when they get together.
And Castro denounced the terrorists as well,ok? DB9

------------------

---------

Back
Top Bottom